Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

Far Away.

John O'Callaghan woke up not entirely sure of where he was or what time it was. He groaned looking around and realizing there was someone in bed next to him, which was normal on tour, he had to share beds with his bandmates. Unfortunately, he turned to see a pretty blonde sleeping silently next to him and he shot up before realizing he was completely naked.

The room around him was trashed, but they were alone, which was a good thing. John slipped on his boxers and made his way to the bathroom, grabbing his phone from his charger first. His heart was racing, and he tried to convince himself that maybe he didn't do anything with her. Once he saw his tired reflection, hickies all over his neck, every glimpse of hope was crushed. He checked his phone and saw a call from Benny and cursed under his breath, he didn't even remember talking to her last night. He also had a text from his mother and saw Bennett smiling seductively, looking stunning in her prom dress. How could he have cheated on her?

John ran out of the bathroom and got dressed quicker than he had in his entire life, and rushed to Jared's room. He knocked loudly, the panic starting to stall his breathing. A sleepy Jared answered the door, his green eyes barely open. "What the fuck dude?" Jared yawned as John rushed into the room running his fingers through his hair.

"Dude there's a fucking naked girl in my bed! What the fuck happened last night?" John asked, his voice cracking from stress. He realized he was yelling in a room full of sleeping people and quickly adjusted his tone.

"Yeah, dude get some! You got fucking wasted and apparently hooked up with the mysterious British blonde who was partying down by the pool with us last night. What's wrong dude?" Jared said non-chalantly until he noticed the duress his best friend was under.

"Dude! Why the fuck did you let me hook up with some chick? Did you forget I have a fucking fiancee back home?" John whisper-shouted. His mind started to betray him, racing to the brunette he left back home, who was waiting for him back home.

"What? You got off the phone with Bennett and said you were single now? Are you telling me that didn't really happen?" Jared asked, his eyes growing wide with the realization he had aided and abetted his friend's infidelity. John's knees grew weak, wondering if they had indeed broken up, if so he had no memory of this either.

"As far as I'm concerned we're still together, but I don't know after she finds out about this. Fuck, dude, what do I do?" John groaned sitting down on the floor feeling dizzy. He pleaded for answers, because he had never been in this situation. Jared sat down next to him and patted his back trying to provide some form of comfort.

"You need to own up to your mistakes, and apologize like hell. Look, we'll be home in a month and I'm sure that if you just explain it to her, she'll understand," Jared lied through his teeth, he knew Benny wasn't the type to just kiss and make up about things like this, but he knew that honesty wasn't exactly the best policy.

"Yeah," John nodded, trying to convince himself that it was true. He grabbed his phone and dialed the seven digits he knew by heart and saw a picture of her laughing, the diamond ring dangling from her necklace hanging around her neck and another wave of guilt crashed down on him.

Benny and Melissa had a sleepover after her breakdown in the parking lot. Melissa knew how being cheated on felt, after all the majority of her boyfriends had cheated on her and Tim seemed to be a fresh breath of air, but now she was pissed at him for letting events transpire that led her best friend to be crippled in tears. Benny didn't want to wake up, but not because it was too early or she was tired, she just didn't want to wake up and face reality again. Alas, the vibrating of her phone caused her eyes to flutter open and she saw John's bright smile on the screen.

Benny bit her lip unsure of whether she wanted to talk to him right now, she looked to the sleeping blonde beside her. She let the call go straight to voicemail only to see him calling again, she grabbed the phone and hurried to the bathroom before answering it. "Hey," she whispered with a hoarse voice.

"Bennett? Hey, I'm sorry about last night I wasn't exactly sober when I got your call," John said from the balcony of his hotel room, the blonde still sleeping in his bed. He groaned, seeing her again and closed his eyes hoping he could wish last night away.

"I noticed, what do you want John?" She spat, unable to hold the bitterness back. She wanted tears and grand apologies, instead he was asking like nothing was wrong and they were just fine. Benny sat down at the edge of the bathtub and stared at her grieved reflection.

"Babe, I need to tell you something, I don't remember anything from last night and I mean I want you to know I love you so, so much and I don't remember it, but-" John ranted trying to avoid telling her the harsh truth about last night. He knew he should, but a piece of him wanted to pretend like nothing ever happened.

"You wanted to tell me you cheated on me?" Benny said coldly, tears beginning to slide down her cheek again, she saw the ring on the chain and held it in her hands, feeling the roughness of the diamond. They were supposed to be with each other for the rest of their lives and they were supposed to get married and have babies with his eyes and her lips.

"H-h-how did you know?" John asked, completely shocked at how she could possibly know that. Jared was the only one he told and unless the blonde girl in his bed was friends with Benny it really made no sense at all.

"You called me last night and," She said a pain in her chest growing from remembering the voices of that phone call. She had to pause to take a breath, she couldn't get the image of some other girl's lips pressed up to John's ear, them sneaking kisses and more tears just feel down her face. "A girl said, she wanted you so bad... r-right now and you said you would be right there," her voice finally breaking in tears.

"Then y-y-you ignored me to be with some other girl," Benny continued to sob, trying her best to mop up the wetness on her face with the back of her hand. Meanwhile, John was unable to speak, he couldn't imagine himself ever leaving Benny when she clearly upset to get with some girl he didn't even know the name of. "Well, was she worth it?" Benny cleared her throat.

"Worth what?" John mumbled, he had his free hand covering his eyes. His whole body was caving to the heartbreak in her voice, but what was worse was knowing he was the cause.

"Everything we had and everything we could've been," Benny sighed standing up trying to pretend she was okay, but she wasn't fooling anyone, not even herself. "Because you gave up our future when you fucked some other girl," Benny seethed never feeling such hatred or love in her heart.

"Bennett, please, please, don't do this. I love you so-" John tried to plead before realizing she had hung up the phone. He cursed under his breath before yelling, "Fuck!" punching the cement wall, and feeling a pain shoot up his hand and he cursed again.

"I love you so much," Benny whispered to no one in particular, clutching her phone to her chest as sobs continued to shake her whole body. She stood up again and took a sharp breath before walking back to her own house, not waking Melissa. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote then scratched things out, until she simply got a fresh piece of paper and wrote what was in her heart. She got an envelope from her father's office before slipping in the folded letter and her necklace with the ring she used to love so much into it. She wrote John on the outside of it quickly.

Benny walked into her room and tried her best to conceal the fact she had been up crying half the night with makeup. Once she was dressed in a simple black off the shoulder shirt and dark wash skinny jeans she made her way out of the house and across the yard, she felt the fresh grass under her feet, still soft from spring. She ran up to the door and knocked loudly, hoping one of John's brothers would open the door.

With a little luck finally John's middle brother opened the door with a confused look on his face. "Hey Bennett, uh, John's not home- he's on tour," He dragged out awkwardly, not knowing why she would be at the O'Callghan household if not for John.

"I know," She faked a smile after letting out a loose laugh. She held out the envelope to him, "I was wondering if you could give this to John when he gets back, I'm not gonna be here," She nodded knowing he wouldn't require any other explanation.

"Uh, yeah sure. I'll be sure to give it to him, I'll see you later Bennett," His brother smiled and closed the door as Benny forced the smile to stay on her lips as she waved, making her way back to her house. She kept herself from saying she would probably never see him again if she could help it. Another tear slid down her cheek involuntarily. She walked into the kitchen and saw her mother and father laughing and drinking coffee.

"I'm going to Columbia," She announced before running back into her room and signed up for classes and orientation. For some reason, though she didn't think of it at the time, she had been putting off declining her acceptance to Columbia and now she had the perfect excuse to get away. Her intention was to get far, far away.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw, thank you so much for commenting you guys :)
makes me love writing this story
thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting!
love you guysss :D