Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

Goodbye.

Bennett Fallon woke up when she heard her phone ringing loudly at the edge of her bed. She raised an eyebrow groaning, wondering who on Earth could possibly be calling her. She saw an unknown number popped up, but she didn't need a contact name to know who's number it was. She sighed wanting to get this over as quickly as possible.

"Hello?" She moaned, it was obvious that she had just woken up. She looked over to her alarm clock and saw it was three in the morning, the things she did for him.

"Hey, is this Bennett Fallon?" A woman's voice asked and Benny bolted up her eyes growing wide. There was no way in hell she was going through this again, she let out a hesitant 'yeah' before the woman continued. "So there's a guy at my house, who is way too drunk to drive and he told me to call you, sorry I know it's super late, but my roommates want him out of the house," She said with sympathetic tone.

"Oh, shit, I'm so sorry, I can come get him right now. Where's your house?" Bennett asked finally climbing out of bed before pulling off her boxer shorts and replacing them with distressed skinny jeans waiting for her answer.

"Uh, how about I'll text it to you, but we live right off Rural and Ray, hopefully that's not too far," The woman laughed softly, she was surprisingly awake for three in the morning. Bennett chuckled, knowing full well that if someone was at her house this late she wouldn't be that hospitable.

They both said goodbye before hanging up and while Benny was putting on a bra and replacing her tank top she received the text of the address. It wasn't too far away so she hopped into her car, she hadn't driven since she left for New York and followed turn by turn instructions on her phone.

"No, no, no, she's got a new boyfriend now, but I don't have any m-moves left," She heard a familiar raspy voice when she pulled into the driveway of the strange house with her windows rolled down. She ran out of the car and up to the front door where a very drunk John was waiting with a pretty brunette staring at them. "BENNY!" He called out excited upon seeing her.

"Hey, I am so, so sorry," Bennett gushed as she reached where they were waiting for her. The porch light was on and John was swaying to himself, she held out her hand. "I'm Bennett, he usually is pretty responsible party-er, did he come alone?" She asked wondering how he even got here.

"Oh it's not a problem, I'm Sarah Beth, I guess he came with a girl, but he was telling me that she left him after he told her he was still in love with you? But he's really drunk so I only got half of what he was saying," She smiled politely after shaking Benny's hand.

"Well thank you so much for calling me, and I really am sorry. Come on John," Benny held out her hand and John popped up surprising her by wrapping his arm around her.

"Bye, Sarah Beth! This is the girl I was talking about," John tried to whisper discretely forgetting she was right next to him and probably unaware she had heard what he said. He winked sloppily before stumbling into the passenger seat of the car. They both waved, Benny apologizing profusely until they were back on the main road. "So where's your man?" John asked with a mocking tone.

"Sleeping, like I should be," Benny snapped back at him. She loved John when he was drunk and she resented having to come get him in the morning. "Didn't you have anyone else to call? And what are you doing going to a party on Thanksgiving?" Benny lectured starting to sound like a mother. John groaned and rested his head back on the seat rolling his eyes.

"Because, I'm fun, people invite me to parties and I go to them," John sang before sticking his feet out the rolled out window and Benny let out a chuckle, wondering how this made any sense to be answers to the questions she asked. "Bennett, are you ever going to forgive me, like ever?" John asked with sad eyes, seeing them brim with tears. She was surprised she hadn't seen John cry in twelve or thirteen years.

"John, how drunk are you?" Benny asked deflecting the question as they pulled into their neighborhood.

"Drunk enough to tell you that you're the one, any girl I ever like or sleep with will just be the girl I wish was you," John slurred, but he looked her dead in the eye while she said all of those things. "So please, forgive me because you're a part of me now and I won't ever feel whole again without you," He said a single tear rolling down his cheek.

"John, I have a boyfriend and I mean you have girls throwing themselves at you. I guess eventually we can be friends, but-" Benny tried her best to reason with him, but Drunk John wasn't exactly reasonable. She could rarely get him to go to bed unless she offered him morning sex, which luckily he seldom remembered.

"I don't want to be friends with you, I want to be in a relationship with you! Don't you get it, when you left me it was like you were cheating on me! With the rest of the world, because they got to see you and I didn't! I was jealous of everyone in New York City because they got you," John stumbled on his words and despite the fact at how mangled they were she could still understand him.

"Every time I get drunk, I think of that time you came into the men's room and helped me and sat with me through the rest of the night running your fingers through my hair. I loved you so much then I just pretended to be asleep for an hour so you wouldn't stop," John admitted as she pulled into her driveway and he got out on his own leaning on the car for support. A bright blush crept onto her cheeks and she couldn't help but smile at his words. "Now, I look around for you and you're never there and it kills me! You are killing me!"

"John, come on let's go to your house, very, very quietly," Benny said trying to avoid talking about it when he knew he wouldn't remember. She used the spare key under the flower pot to get into the house before they made their way upstairs to John's bedroom.

"Every time I see that fucking flower pot, I think of you and that night," John whispered intimately in her ear, she blushed brightly having a quick flashback of skin touching skin and moaning. The night they took their relationship to the next level, and despite the small amount of pain, the pleasure over took her.

She felt his hot breath on her neck and she couldn't help it, with everything he had said her body caved to her whim and reason flew out the window. She pressed her lips to his with tears finally coming from her own eyes. "Stay the night with me, just sleep with me because you and I both know we're still in love. I don't care if you don't wanna say it as long as you feel it," John seemed sobered up just from being this close to her. His mind cleared with her lips on his and it felt amazing.

She didn't argue, which surprised him. She simply pulled off her clothes and changed into a v-neck and basketball shorts John had. She didn't think twice about showing her body to John, he'd seen everything before. They didn't speak, as they both climbed into bed, John wrapped his arms around her and she took in his scent closing her eyes to let it engulf her. "Bennett," John broke the silence between them before she looked up and he pressed his lips to hers. He wanted proof this wasn't a dream, that she was really here.

"I love you, John," she whispered only for his ears, before his tongue slipped into her mouth and her whole body felt alive again. After six months of nothing and numbness she could feel, she deepened the kiss and felt his hot kisses all over her neck before she realized she had a boyfriend. She had the guy all the other girls wanted waiting for her in her own house. "John, stop, I'm leaving tomorrow. With Matt," She added, seeing the disappointment in his eyes.

"I love you Bennett Fallon," he said oddly calm, wrapping his arms around her before they both closed their eyes again. "So if you're only mine for tonight, I'll take whatever I can get." She felt her heart ripping in half with guilt and love and fell fast asleep in the arms of the boys she loved not wanting tomorrow to come.

=================

"Be safe baby girl!" Mrs. Fallon called out once more even though Bennett and Matt were past airport security and could barely hear her. They waved politely before Matt wrapped his arms around his girlfriend and they made their way to their gate.

"So where were you last night?" He asked, trying to play off the insane worry and jealousy after seeing her walk into the house at seven in the morning. He would've asked then, but they had no time, they were whisked off to the airport before he could even say 'good morning'. He noticed she was zoning out before tapping her lightly, "Ben? Where were you last night?"

"Oh, I had to pick up John because he was too drunk at like three in the morning and I was so tired I just crashed there," She shrugged off downplaying what had actually happened. She only felt a little guilty lying to him, what happened between her and John felt too right to be wrong. Though, it clearly was. Matt noticed the way she said his name, a sparkle in her eye that he couldn't ignore anymore.

"You don't love me do you?" Matt asked bluntly, causing her to choke on her orange juice. She looked over at him, stunned wondering why he kept pulling these things on her. "You don't love me because you're still in love with him, and please don't lie and say otherwise, because I can see it clear as day," Matt continued, the jealousy heavy in his voice, but surprising there was no anger.

"Matt, I'm really sorry. You are the perfect guy for me and I want to love you, so much, but I just. I've been waiting to fall in love with you, because if I was in love with you everything would be sublime. I want to love you so badly," Benny said with guilt filling her big brown eyes. She wished Matt would get angry, but he wouldn't be Matt if he did that.

"But you don't. Bennett, if you love him you shouldn't lie to yourself or hope someday you'll fall in love with another person. There'll never be another John for you and there'll never be another you for me, but the shittiest thing about love is you want the person you love to be happy. He can make you happier than I ever could and that's enough," Matt smiled sadly, realizing what exactly he was saying as it was coming out. Nothing about it was rehearsed and he was slightly as surprised as she was.

"No, you'll find someone who can love you back and you'll be happier than I could ever make you," Benny smiled before she snuggled into his arm. He kissed her one last time before grasping that they had just broken up and just like that it was over. Matt with a broken heart and Benny an immense guilt for breaking it, but this was the most selfless break up either of them had.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for commenting :) if you don't wanna scroll up to comment you can click here. achem achem.
but let me know what you think, for realz!
also i will be whoring out my new John story here.
thanks for subscribing, commenting & reading!!!!