Status: HIATUS.

Aurion: The New

Chapter One

“The offerings will be given to the Antices, and in return, they help people daily in our quest to keep everyone protected in these unsympathetic times.” Ness answered. “One day, if the pandemonium doesn’t end, we may too be spending nights in the Antices.” Ness sat back down in his seat, scooting in his chair, and gazed at the teacher to see if his answer was approved of. Why? No idea; Ness is always right; he’s one of the brightest kids in the whole school.

That doesn’t imply much though by the looks of it; our school is exceedingly miniscule compared to the other towns. We have three classrooms with about fifteen kids each in one. The best thing is we don’t have to absolutely rely on knowledge in an educational way. Hey, it’s not that I’m dumb or stupid or anything, my memory is just on hiatus more than the average guys. Worst part is the reason why, which is because these days, people primarily need to learn about Trient’s crisis and how to defend and guard ourselves.

“Correct, Ness, as expected from you,” Mrs. Gauge complimented. “And why exactly do people need the Antices at these times. Hmm,” She analyzed the classroom, probably to notice me gawking at the window, dying to go outside on such a pleasant day. I need to practice with my new twin blades that Dad made me, not sit here being lectured by—“Robin, why do you think?”

Shaking my head, running back to reality, I stood up trying to remember the question. Oh, the Antices. “People need them because they are going places. It’s like a hotel but like, in the middle of nowhere.”

“A juvenile answer, as anticipated from you, Robin.” She sighed. “Ness?” He stood up at the request of his name to answer. I sat down, rolling my eyes. I answered it, didn’t I? Thing is, I am actually pretty smart, just, I don’t normally show it. In my mind, I can sound like a genius sometimes I think, and all that comes out of my mouth is just purely stupid. Or maybe I just sound stupid in my mind to begin with? Whatever.

“Yes, Mrs. Gauge. Because of the attacks, people have been departing towns in search for safer areas. In their search, they have to settle at night in the Antices that are places occasionally in between the towns since Trient, our world, unfortunately has their towns so widely spread apart.” Ness explained.

Mrs. Gauge nodded. “Excellent.” she remarked.

“I knew that…” I muttered as I sat back down in my seat. I mean, I do… now, but like, everyone’s aware of that. I just, didn’t get the time to say it, yeah. And she didn’t ask me to be detailed anyways.

“Robin!” she snapped, hurling the chalk board eraser at me. “No speaking out of turn!” I dodged it and a huge puff of white powder flowed in the air once it landed on the ground. Geez! The teacher has one heck of an arm for that kind of throw; I sit in the back row and that was still darting right to me! I wasn’t even being that loud. I mean, she has to act like this, but I hate how this switch-blade attitude is enforced on the teachers, especially since Mrs. Gauge can be really sweet. I know she actually does think high of me, just, she can easily be bipolar if you ask me. “Ness, continue on.”

“Yes, Mrs. Gauge,” Ness sucked up like a good little boy… well, he is my good friend, and he can be nice. He is just so smart, dammit! I can’t really help but to be a little jealous… I just really feel bad since he hardly has any other friends. In fact, no one else really is his friend now that I think about it. I guess I should loosen up more on my jealousy. “The towns were spread apart mainly because back in the day, everyone had their definition and standards of law. Now, we still do, but over time, we have accumulated the same attributes in other ways, since we still communicate thanks to the help of Antices, like religion for example.”

“Mrs. Gauge, why are innocent people being attacked every day?” I questioned. This time, it was entirely on accident that I spoke out loud without raising my hand, but I don’t think she minded as much as the previous time.

“We covered that yesterday, Robin.” she sighed, placing her palm on her forehead while shaking her head. “No one knows. We don’t even know where their bases are or anything, but there has to be one. Where else would they be kidnapping people and taking them too?”

“Well we have to do something!” I shouted, slamming my hands against the table.

“Robin,” she demanded. “Restrain yourself. People are trying. Most of them died in the process. We do have hope, based off the teaching from Wednesday, about the Selcian. Unfortunately, no one knows who she or he is or how we can find out. The only way is too see the upper left of her forehead and see something that symbolizes it. Whether it is a stone, tattoo sort of design, or something, I don’t know; the books I’ve interpreted and studied have never given precise details at all. Okay? That was a recap on the previous lesson, so I expect everyone to know it by heart now.”

The sound of her talking about the forehead made me realize the headache that was now coming up. Is it because I’m learning? No, that’s stupid! I might be catching a fever since it’s been a while since I’ve been sick. For now, I’ll just think about it positively; no need for unwanted stress.

A few minutes after I rested my head on a few class books I heard Mrs. Gauge dismissing us. Ness strolled over to me with a simple content look on his face.

“You look like you just saw a miracle, what’s up Ness?” I asked, stretching into my comfortable pose: elbows in the air, bent so that I can rest my hands behind my head, hands on top of one another, while stretching my back a bit.

“Oh nothing, I just am glad it’s finally Friday! Maybe we can practice together? I heard you got a new set of twin blades. I also got a new Sherise Longbow; it’s supposed to go double the distance compared to my old one.”

I nodded. “I’m glad you got rid of that pathetic toy you called a weapon. What kind of toy squeaks when you hold it?”

Ness got defensive and immediately retorted, “It was not a toy, it was a novice bow! And it only squeaked because the handle’s taping had a hole of air in it so when you gripped it, the air would escape making that noise.”

Excuses, excuses. “Whatever, it was still childish and purple. Anyways, we can practice today at this that I found a while back ago. I haven’t shown anyone, so you have to promise to keep it to yourself!” I was serious, but that the same time I was excited to be able to show someone the Jaded Hill I’ve known for so long.

“Okay, I promise!” Ness said, excited too it seemed as he jumped into the air. “Let’s go!”

I nodded. “We have to go to Dad’s first, since my twin blades are there.” I explained, and then we were off, headed in that direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just an informational chapter. :)
Comments?