Status: Active !

Dear Summer

June 23, 2008 - Phoenix, AZ

Kinsley and Abbey were enjoying the peaceful day while they tried to get some sun. There was no Warped tour on the beautiful day, and the bus had been given plenty of time to reach its next destination. Trailing Matt and All Time Low with The Monster was something Kinsley and Abbey hadn’t anticipated when they planned their trip, but they were having a blast doing it anyway.

Now they were relaxing and basking in the sun, though Abbey mentioned numerous times that staying in air conditioning would have been much better.

A cool blast of water hit Abbey in the face, and she sat up quickly. “You guys said you wouldn’t bother us!” she shrieked, rising from the chair to attempt to get the super soaker away from Matt.

Matt shrugged and pointed the water gun at her. “I don’t remember agreeing to that.”

“Ambush!” Jack yelled, raising his own super soaker into the air.

Alex, Rian, and Zack appeared from behind the Monster, all wielding their own water guns. “Charge!” Alex ordered, pounding on his chest like a gorilla.

Kinsley giggled and shielded herself with the chair. “You’ll never take me alive!”

The boys all yelled and chased Abbey and Kinsley around the outdoor area of the hotel they’d stayed at the night before. When out of sight, Kinsley dove behind a bush and dragged Abbey along with her.

Abbey and Kinsley tried to catch their breath between their laughter. “I’m going to kill them,” Abbey said, ringing out her drenched hair.

They heard a crackle in the bush and turned quickly to find all of the members of Forever the Sickest Kids with water guns too.

“I have a proposition!” Kinsley declared before they could shoot. “A truce in exchange for our alliance against All Time Low.”

The six guys looked around at each other and seemed to agree. Kyle reached out his hand for Kinsley to shake. “It’s a deal,” he said, winking at Kinsley.

The group spread out and headed toward in the direction that Kinsley and Abbey had just fled from.

Caleb motioned for the girls to hide behind him while Jonathan, Austin, Kent, Marc, and Kyle all attacked. What started as a water gun fight turned into a water gun shaped sword fight in just seconds.

Alex dropped to his knees. “No!” he bellowed dramatically.

Rian rushed to his side, aiming the gun at anyone that came near. “What’s wrong, brother?”

Alex kept his eyes on the ground as he raised what was left of his gun. At that moment, Jack’s gun thrashed into Austin’s, knocking Austin’s in half and causing sever damage to Jack’s own. “Shit!” Jack said, watching the water seep to the ground as he held the trigger.

Matt shook his head in disappointment. “Okay, who all broke their gun?”

Five hands rose.

Alex frowned and looked to Matt with puppy dog eyes. “I can’t go on like this,” he said as he pretended to wipe away tears.

Matt sighed and picked up Alex’s broken gun. “It’ll be okay, bud. We just can’t surrender.”

“I need a new freaking gun, Matt!” Jack yelled, now sword fighting with Caleb.

Matt motioned to all of the broken guns on the ground. “But we don’t have any.”

“To Walmart!” Zack declared, ripping off his shirt.

Jack put his hand on Zack’s shoulder. “Beautiful bod, pal, but you kind of needed that to get into Walmart.

Zack shrugged and picked up his ripped shirt. “I’ve got more.”

And with that, the war was put on pause and the guys started picking up after themselves with the help of Kinsley and Abbey.

“Jack, remember to get deodorant, you fucking smell,” Alex said, heading toward the bus.

Jack lifted his arms and sniffed at himself. “I’m all natural,” he grinned.

Kinsley rolled her eyes and plugged her nose. “Jacky, nothing about you is natural.”
_______________________________________________________________

The closest Walmart was a super-sized Walmart. Everyone going along for the ride was a horrible idea. This was very apparent the moment everyone split up and started running around the store.

Neither Kinsley nor Abbey had ever been to a Walmart before. The entire idea seemed so foreign to them. The only thing they really knew about Walmart was that there was a smiley face that made prices lower.

Kyle grabbed Kinsley’s hand and started pulling her away. “Come on, Kinsley! There’s an arcade over here!”

Kinsley gave abbey a pleading look, but Abbey just waved her on. “Go have fun. I’ll be in the… beauty section!”

Kinsley grinned and waved goodbye.

The arcade was a rather small room, but it served its purpose. Kinsley rushed to one of the two shooting games. “Looks like we might get some aim practice in before the next water war.”

Kyle smiled and took the other gun. “You’ll need it,” he laughed.

“Hey!” Kinsley said, putting a dollar into the game. “I resent that.”

Kyle was looking at her, smiling. “Well I guess you’ll have me to guard you.”

Kinsley shook her head and pointed to the screen. “What good will you do if you’re dead?”

Kyle’s jaw dropped as he stared at the screen. “You killed me!” he gasped.

Kinsley put the gun close to her face and blew on the muzzle.

Kyle shook his head. “Now that you’ve killed my dignity, lets go take pictures in the photo booth!” he pointed across the room to the end where the booth stood.

Kinsley smiled and took his outreached hand. Maybe her thoughts about Kyle when she met him really were wrong. Over the past couple days, he was proving himself to be incredibly entertaining and even charming.

“You know, Kinsley,” Kyle said, searching his wallet for three ones, “I really like hanging out with you.”

Kinsley blushed and tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. “Thanks.”

He leaned forward and brushed her cheek before pressing his lips against hers.

Kinsley liked the feeling. Being with Kyle made her happy. Probably more than she should have been, and she knew it. Kyle went to put the money in the slot, but Kinsley stopped him. When she touched his hand, it was like a jolt of electricity went through her body.

Kyle smirked and pulled her closer to kiss her again. And again. And again. Kinsley couldn’t stop herself from kissing him, but she didn’t want to. She loved the way his hand felt running through her hair and the fact that all that day, just looking at him gave her butterflies.

Then there was a knocking on the outside of the booth, followed by an angry looking woman pulling back the curtain.

A little blonde boy was standing next to her and she had her hand over his eyes, even though the two really weren’t doing anything. Kinsley tried to smooth out her hair and smiled politely at the woman.

The lady looked like she wanted to kill them. Her foot was tapping, and her expression was far from friendly. “You know, this photo booth is for paying customers. My son has been waiting for five minutes.” she spat.

Kyle glared at the woman and made a show of inserting the money into the machine. “Happy?” he asked, then yanked the curtain shut.

Kinsley felt kind of bad but laughed at the situation anyway.

Kyle wrapped his arm around Kinsley. “Smile.”

Kinsley looked at their image on the screen and stuck her tongue out. Kyle laughed and followed suit. For the next picture, Kinsley made a gun out of her hands and aimed it at Kyle, who repeated the gesture with his finger pointing at his own head. The third involved almost nothing but Kyle’s face taking up the entire screen because he and Kinsley fought to be in the picture. Kyle won.

Then Kyle turned to Kinsley and smiled sweetly before kissing her gently one last time. That was the last picture.

Kinsley jumped up and down waiting for the pictures to print. She hardly even noticed the woman’s dirty look as she and her son entered the booth.

Kyle removed the pictures from the booth and held them up admiring them. “Wow, those two so can’t get pictures as good as this.”

Kinsley nodded, taking the other set from Kyle. “So true,” she said, looking particularly at the last photo.

“God, you’re beautiful,” Kyle said under his breath, looking from Kinsley to the pictures.

Kinsley was blushing again. “What was that?” she asked.

Kyle took her hand in his. “Oh, nothing. What do you want to do now?”

Kinsley looked out into the large store. “Actually, I have to go find Abbey. I’ll come find you later, though!”

Kyle had a confused expression on his face. “Uh okay.”

Kinsley turned and waved before running off to the section of the store that had a sign saying ‘Beauty Products’ above it.

Kinsley found Abbey trying to choose between two of the most expensive brands of hair conditioner the store sold. “What’s up, Abs?”

Abbey sighed and turned one of the bottles over to read the back. “I ran out of the shampoo and conditioner I bought from my hair dresser last month. I found a split end earlier.”

“Oh, no!” Kinsley gasped sarcastically.

Abbey turned to glare at her friend. “Where’s Kyle? And why do you look all bubbly and flushed?”

Kinsley giggled and bit her lip. “We kind of just made out,” she confessed.

Abbey was glad to see her friend look that happy. “Good for you!” Then she paused. “Ew, we’re at Walmart,” she winced.

They both laughed. “I know,” Kinsley said, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. It was different than any other guy I ever kissed before.”

“You like him,” Abbey stated.

Kinsley let herself slide to the ground in the middle of the isle. “Yeah, but I’ve liked people before, obviously. It wasn’t like this. I didn’t want to stop. What’s wrong with me, Abbey?”

Abbey laughed and pulled her friend off the dirty floor. “I’ll tell you. You simply want to make hot, passionate lo—”

“Abbey!” Kinsley screeched. Her face was beat red from blushing. She was doing way to much of that.

Abbey was cracking up. “Don’t try to fool yourself, you want him.”

Kinsley crossed her arms. “I barley know him.”

“I know, this isn’t like you,” Abbey laughed.

Kinsley rolled her eyes. “Alright, let’s go find everyone. We’ve been here long enough.”

Abbey put her arm around Kinsley’s shoulders and made fun of her the throughout the rest of the trip. They found the guys all with brand new super soakers, pretending to shoot each other.

Kinsley caught Kyle staring at her, and he smirked, which gave Kinsley butterflies again. She wondered how someone she’d just met days ago could make her feel that way. It didn’t really matter. She liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this part has actually had an impact on my summer. Kind of. Don't you love Super Soaker fights?

-Mara