Love Hurts Mathematically.

From Perfect to Nothing.

Trixie looked up the stairs, to find herself face to face with the eyes of her teacher. She was looking at her in a way that no teacher had ever had before.

"Can you come up for a minute?" she voice coldly.

Intrigued, she set aside her mountain-sized bag and ran up the stairs to her teacher.

Considering her academic status, she might have expected more praise from her teacher, or news that she had gotten a perfect score again. But her face told Trixie otherwise.

"I don't know what has happened to you," she started, handing Trixie an envelope. "Go ahead, open it," she told her.

Trixie stared at her teacher, then at the small envelope. She opened it, and slowly pulled out a report card.

"I've finished grading all your Math grades," she told Trixie. "I don't know how it came to be, but you got a failing grade."

"Wh-What?" she practically screamed.

Teacher was about to say something, when Trixie ran down the stairs, absentmindedly bumping into the 1st graders lining up at the door.

She exited the school doors, and ran as fast as she could, not knowing where her legs would take her. As long as it was somewhere were she could be alone, she didn't care.

After a few minutes she finally stopped, panting. She spotted a small pond not far away. Deep in thought, she headed towards there, kicking the pebbles along the road with a blank expression on her face.

Am I really this upset because of a failing grade? She had to ask herself. These days, people get them all the time. It has to be, after all, my life is perfect.

She stopped dead in her tracks, and something came into her mind, like lightning had finally hit her and knocked some sense into her.

Perfect.

When had she ever used that word? How many times had she ever said things like, 'This day is perfect', or 'I have perfect friends' or something like 'I have a perfect life'. Only one word came into her mind, Never.

Maybe it wasn't JUST the grade, maybe for the first time since she was born she realized how unhappy her life really was.

She had no friends. She was continuously backstabbed. People always talked behind her back. Her family pressured her till the point of mental suicide. '

Maybe she just realized that now because it was her perfect grades that was blocking her view. Maybe it was her amazing academic status that made her not realize that. Grades are all that she's ever had. Now that she's lost that, she's realized her life is nothing, nothing at all.

A tear fell from her eye and trickled down her cheek, at that point, a familiar figure appeared on the road. Someone who would've never looked so welcoming to her, Aaron.