Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 14

After spending a little while with the guys and girls, plus our new friend Mike, I headed home.

I pulled the car into the driveway and made sure to lock the car before walking inside.

After closing the door I jumped at the sudden arms that were around my waist.

I turned and gave Brian a kiss on the cheek when he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey baby." I murmured softly.

"Hey." He said.

"What have you been up to all night?" I asked, turning around so I could see him.

"Nothing much. Listening to music and watching t.v." He said in a bored voice.

"I missed you." I said, pulling him into my arms.

He held me tighter and after giving me a breath taking kiss, he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

I guess that was his favorite spot because he always went there.

His body stiffened all of a sudden and I pulled away, looking at him with a questioning stare.

"Why do you smell like a guy?" Brian asked with an angry voice.

I looked into his eyes completely shocked and saw that his were filled with anger.

Beneath the anger, there an unbelievable amount of pain and betrayal.

He was trying to smother the other emotions with his anger.

He always did that to try and keep me from seeing what he's really feeling.

This is the first time I've ever realized that I had the power to hurt Brian.

Break him so badly, he might not ever recover.

I shuddered away from the thought, my eyes returning to look into his.

Any pain that had been there before was now replaced with pure, searinganger.

"Why do you smell like a guy?" He asked again, breathing slowly.

"If I smell like a guy, it's because of you." I pointed out.

"I don't wear that kind of cologne. Whose is it?" He said firmly, his eyes boring into mine.

His lips were in a straight line and his eyes were dead set on me.

If I wasn't racking my brain trying to figure out why I had another guys cologne on me, I'd probably be backing away.

It suddenly came to me.

"Oh!!" I yelled with a smile, glad that I had figured it out.

Brian stood there, stone still, waiting for my answer.

I hadn't realized that his arms were no longer around me and I frowned at the cold feeling that passed over my body.

"It's cause I was at Alaina and Matt's house watching scary movies and the guys thought it would be hilarious to scare us half to death. They pretended to be burglars, all dressed in black. They brought one of their friends to help and since they scared us, we started to fight them." I said.

Brian looked at me with a questioning stare.

I wanted to laugh cause the thought of cheating on Brian had never once crossed my mind.

The fact that he thought I would ever do that to him is what had me frowning.

He really doesn't believe me.

"How does that explain how you have some other mans smell on you?" Brian asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Cause their friend, Mike, was the one who attacked me. He got closer to me and I kicked him in the balls. Hard. He dropped like a sack of potatoes and I went to help Jaden but he grabbed my leg and pulled me down, rolling on top of me." I said.

I saw Brian breath deeply in.

I learned a long time ago that he does that when he's trying to stay in control of his anger.

"Why was there another guy on top of you?!" Brian asked, completely pissed off.

"Before we knew it was the guys, I was going to go and help Jaden. Mike was trying to keep me from finding out about the prank." I explained.

"Hmmm." He said with a grunt.

"Don't worry. The guys got on him for touching me. They said you would beat his ass if you ever found out about it. Then I told him you were my boyfriend and that I love you very much." I said with a small smile as I saw his anger fading.

I wormed my way back into his arms and cuddled into his neck.

I planted a kiss on his soft spot and looked up at him.

"I kind of like it when you get jealous. It's cute." I said with a laugh.

Our roles were usually switched.

I was usually the one getting jealous over all of the female attention he gets on a regular basis.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one and that he gets that way too.

"I don't like it. I don't want any guy getting that close to you." Brian grumbled.

"Baby." I said with a whine.

"Fine. If it's one of your friends they can hug you, but that's it." He said firmly.

I laughed and gave him another kiss on his soft spot, this time lingering a little bit.

I smiled when Brian's fingertips that were massaging my back, now clutched me to him tightly.

"I'm gonna take a shower. Wash that cologne off." I said as I walked towards the stairs.

I turned around slightly and looked at Brian from under my eyelashes.

"Do you want to help me?" I asked shyly.

I turned my back to him and walked away before he gave me an answer.

I smiled in victory and satisfaction when I heard Brian's pounding feet racing up the stairs after me.