Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 26

I'm guessing they didn't know what to say because they were all quiet.

"I'm tired of talking about this." I said.

"What did you do...when you found her and Brian?" Val asked quietly.

"I really don't think we should talk about this. I wasn't myself that night." I said queitly.

"I want to know. Whatever you did to her won't come close to the pain she will be feeling when I get my hands on her." Val said in a low and deadly voice.

"Val, please. I don't want this to come in between you and your sister. Family always comes first." I said.

"You are my family too, and she knew that. She made her choice now she's got to deal with the consequences. One of which is having to deal with me." She said, her eyes hard with determination.

I didn't say anything.

Val's a stubborn person, and when she makes up her mind, that's it.

"Don't say I didn't try and warn you." I said softly, trying to plead with her.

She doesn't need to go through the pain I'm going through.

"I've made my decision, Cynthia." She said firmly.

I took in a deep breath and retold them all what happened.

It was a moment before they spoke again.

I looked over at them and my worst fears came true.

They were upset.

Thats the last thing that I wanted.

My pain is my pain.

No one else should have to go through that too.

Especially my best friends.

"I don't think I can tell you enough how sorry I am." Val said quietly, looking down at her lap.

I looked at her and saw a drop of water hit her hands.

I pulled her chin up with my fingers so she would have to look at me.

"What happened to me, has nothing to do with you, honey. Do you understand me? You didn't make them do what they did. If anything this is my fault." I said quietly.

"No, Cynthia!" Val and Nique said at the same time.

"I should've seen it coming. I could've stopped this from happening." I said.

"I listened to what you had to say. Now you're gonna listen to me." Jaden said firmly.

I was shocked to say the least.

We all were.

"There is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing you could've done to prevent this from happening. Everyone makes choices and they have to deal with those consequences. He has just messed up the best thing that ever happened to him." Jaden said.

"Jaden, I don't think I've ever heard you talk like that." I said softly.

"You guys helped me. I'm not going to let people run over me anymore. You shouldn't either." Jaden said with a small smile.

I looked around at all of my friends who were smiling encouragingly.

If only it was that easy.