Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 30

It was a few hours before everyone left, wanting to give me and Brian 'alone time' after being away from each other so long.

Me and the girls laughed at that.

They all knew the only action Brian would be getting for a while was from his right hand.

"I love you guys. Be safe." I said from the doorway.

I felt Brian's arms go around my waist as he set his chin on my shoulder.

"Thank you for not telling them." Brian murmured.

Once they all drove away, I closed the door and went to the living room.

I sat on the couch and Brian followed, sitting right next to me.

"I didn't tell them because I know exactly how they will react. I may be upset but I know how much they mean to you. You just got them back and I won't take that away from you." I said.

He looked at me and his eyes seemed to sadden even more.

"How did I end up with someone as great as you? Even after everything, you're still trying to cause me the least amount of pain as possible. Fuck! I'm an asshole." He grumbled, putting his head in his hands.

"Well, contrary to popular belief, when you love someone, you do all you can to protect them from the things than can hurt them." I said.

He looked up at me.

"I don't know what to do here, Cynthia. This is really hard for me." Brian said.

"Yeah, cause it's so easy for me, right? Like watching the man you love, fuck someone else isn't painful enough, now I have to make it easier for you?!" I exclaimed, suddenly enraged and making my voice boom.

Brian looked taken back.

I've never snapped at him before. I usually just stay quiet and let him do what he wants.

But not anymore.

"I'm sorry. I'm being selfish again. It doesn't matter how I feel. I want you to stop hurting, I can deal with it. Anything you want me to do, I'll do it." He said quietly.

I just looked at him.

"I need a shower." I said, standing up.

Brian stood up as well, following me out of the living room and up the stairs to our room.

I hesitated in the doorway, flashbacks running through my mind.

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of them.

"I'm so sorry." Brian whispered behind me.

He picked up my hands and looked at my still bruised knuckles.

He brought them up to his lips and kissed them, running his lips up and down my hands.

I was a little shocked when I felt Brian's tongue running over my cut up knuckles.

I tried my hardest to resist the shiver that wanted to run down my back.

"It's already done." I said in an emotionless voice, pulling my hands away from him.

I made my way to the bathroom, with Brian still behind me.

I don't know if he thought that when I said I wanted a shower, that I wanted him to come too.

I turned to look at him and he was just staring at me, an expression on his face I didn't understand.

"I love you so much." He said.

I nodded and turned my back to him, adjusting the water so it would be nice and warm by the time I got in.

I could feel Brian's eyes watching my every move.

Instead of telling him to leave, I decided to torture him a bit.

It's not like he can do anything about it.

I slowly pulled off my shirt, carelessly throwing it on the floor.

Next went my jeans.

I smiled in victory as I heard Brian breathe in sharply.

I didn't look at him or acknowledge him at all as I took off the rest of my clothes.

I could hear him breathing deeply and slowly and when I heard him take a step forward I walked into the shower.

I smiled as the hot water ran down my aching body and soothed the muscles, untensing them.

I wished more then anything that Brian was in here with me.

His hands always knew exactly where to go to unstress my body.

But that wasn't going to happen.

I peeked out of the shower and saw Brian still standing there, watching my silhouette.

I smiled to myself.

This torture stuff might actually be a little fun.

I thought with a smirk.