Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 32

"So, how have things been going?" Val asked me.

Me and Brian were having a barbeque today.

I need to talk to my best friends.

I need their advice.

I looked out the window to Brian and the guys all around the grill.

Brian was smiling, but it wasn't his smile.

It didn't reach his eyes and his eyes didn't sparkle.

I thought about how the girls had agreed to come today because they knew I needed them.

I looked at Brian.

He didn't have that option.

Well, he did, but he wouldn't take it.

He wouldn't risk his friendship.

"Cynthia? How have things been?" Val asked again.

By this time all the girls had circled around me, awaiting my answer.

"It's been ok. I mean, he's trying." I said.

"Yeah, the look on your face says he's trying really hard." Nique retorted sarcastically.

"You know, you're not making it any easier. Do you have to run your finger across your throat everytime he looks at you?" I asked, frustrated.

The girls laughed but Monique stayed serious.

"I'm not here to make things easier for him. I'm here for you." She said firmly.

I glared at her and she turned around and walked outside.

I let out a sigh.

"She's right." Kat said.

"I know, but he's really trying you guys. When's the last time you saw him with one of the guys?" I asked.

They went quiet for a minute.

"I guess it's been a while." Jaden said, her eyes eyebrows scrunched up in thought.

"That's because he stays here with me. All the time. He doesn't go out. He only talks on the phone if it's one of them our his parents. He's really trying and I'm pushing him away." I said, getting teary eyed.

"Well, then stop pushing him away." Val said simply.

"I can't help it. I keep getting these flash backs and they make me so angry. I take it out on him." I said.

"I'm sorry." Jaden said.

Alaina had been really quiet, which was pretty unusual.

"Alaina? You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, just thinking." She said.

I went over to her and leaned against her side.

"I know what we're going to do." She announced.

We all looked at her, totally confused.

"Tomorrow, we're going to go to the gym. We'll go to the punching bag and you'll let everything out there. Then we're going to shower and you're getting a make over. Then to top it off, we're going to go to a bar. No boyfriends, just us." Alaina said with a grin. I looked at her and smiled.

"You are a genius!" Kat yelled.

" I know! It's hard work being this smart." She said with a cocky smirk.

We all laughed and threw something at her.

We grabbed the burgers, links, and hot dogs that need to be cooked and brought them outside with the condiments.

I walked over to the grill and Brian was sitting next to it, talking to Zacky.

I gave Matt and Jimmy the food and walked up behind him.

I grabbed his head and leaned it back, planting a short but urgent kiss on his surprised mouth.

I haven't kissed him since the whole drama and honestly, I missed it.

When I pulled away, Brian's eyes were still closed, his mouth slightly parted.

I pulled further away and his head moved too, as if we were magnets.

I stood straight up and walked away, smirking when my back was turned.

"Thanks Cynthia! You got him all starry eyed. Now I can't even talk to him." Zacky complained.

I turned to look at Syn.

Zacky was right, he was sitting there, wide eyed and still leaning forward.

I turned back to the girls and they were looking at me.

"What? I wanted a kiss." I said simply.

"He's all horny now." Kat said with a laugh.

"Good." I said.

They all looked past me and laughed.

"You have a gift." Alaina said with a laugh.

I turned around and Brian was still in the same position.

I smiled and shrugged.

"I try." I said.

I heard a loud smack and then I turned around.

Zacky was sitting and laughing at Brian who was now on the floor.

Brian's eyes narrowed and his pink cheek seemed to stand out even more.

I laughed.

"Uh oh. Watch out, Zacky!" I yelled.

Zacky's eyes widened and he jumped out of his chair and ran as Brian sprinted after him.

We all sat laughing at them as they rolled around on the ground.

"Hey! Anybody home?" I heard a familiar voice yell.