Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 38

"He pisses me off so much!" I yelled over the music, taking another shot.

"Tonight isn't about him, babe. Just have fun." Val said with a comforting hug.

I smiled and nodded.

"To best friends. Cause I know I have the best friends in the fucking world." I said, raising my glass.

"Friends til the end." We all said, clinking glasses.

We downed our shots and laughed.

"Woo! Let's dance!" Kat yelled.

"Hell yeah!" Me and Nique yelled.

I grabbed Alaina, Katara grabbed Jadn and Val was in between us all.

We all danced in a group, laughing and trying to out dance each other.

It was almost twenty minutes later that I got thirsty and decided to go to the bar and get a drink.

I hit the bar top, getting the bartenders attention.

He nodded and made his way over to me.

"What can I get you, sweetheart?" He asked.

"Can I get a coke?" I asked.

"Sure thing." He said with a nod.

I waited as he brought my drink and when I went ot hand him the money a hand went over mine and paid him.

"Let me get that for you." A guy I've never seen before said, trying to be smooth.

This wasn't the first guy to walk up to me, but he was the first to successfully buy me a drink.

"I can buy my own drink, thanks." I said, trying to hand him a five dollar bill.

"How about you keep that and give me a dance instead." He said with a wink.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." I said, turning and walking away.

"Come on, don't be like that." He said, grabbing my arm.

"Look, I'm not interested pal. I have a boyfriend." I said, pulling out of his grasp.

"Oh, really? Where is he then? I've been watching you all night and I've only seen you with those ladies." He said.

"That is seriously creepy. Get away from me."I said, trying to push him away.

The amount of alcohol I had drank made me a little dizzy and I stumbled a bit.

"You don't have a boyfriend so I don't see the problem." He said.

"Yeah, well I do." A voice said from behind me.

We both turned and there was Mike.

I smiled in relief.

"Hey babe. Sorry I'm late." He said, coming up to me and wrapping his arm around my waist.

I leaned against his side, so happy to see someone I knew.

"It's ok. This guy was nice enough to buy me a drink. He's leaving now."I said with a smile.

The guy gave Mike a dirty look and then walked away.

I started laughing and I turned to Mike, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you so much. He was a big creeper." I said.

"Yeah, I could tell." He said with a laugh.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked, slurring a bit, and leaning against him.

"Dancing and drinking." Mike said with a smile.

"Well, let's dance then."I said with a giggly laugh.

Mike smiled and pulled me to the dance floor.

I put my arms around his neck and he cautiously put his hands on my waist.

"What's going on here?" A deep voice asked from behind me.