Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 54

Brian's POV

I laid ont the couch with Cynthia, her head softly resting on my chest as she ran her fingers up and down my arm.

Just the feel of her fingertips lightly skimming over my arm was enough to distract me from the war raging in my head.

A part of me was telling me to let Cynthia handle this the way she wants.

The other, less civil side, is telling me to go find Mike and beat the crap out of him until he understands that I'm not giving Cynthia up.

She's my life.

The most important thing to me.

I treated her like shit before and I'll be the first one to admit it.

But I've changed.

For her.

Because she deserves the best.

And even if that's not me, I'll try my damn hardest to get as close as possible.

I jumped in shock when I felt a nip at my chest I looked down and saw that Cynthia had her teeth clamped around my nipple.

I gently pried her off with a smile on my face.

"Babe we've already discussed that I'm never gonna be able to breast feed you. If you want, we can always try on you." I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

She laughed and laid her head back down.

"I was just trying to get your attention. You were zoning out." She said.

"Sorry babe." I said, pulling her closer.

I ran my hand up and down her side, letting m fingers dance up and down her body.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said, trying to sound honest.

She was quiet for a minute.

"Dont think about him babe. I'm handling this." She said softly.

"I don't like letting you handle it. I'm the man, I'm supposed to fix it." I said in an irritated tone.

"That usually is the case. But you didn't do anything wrong. I'm gonna handle this okay? I don't want you to worry." Cynthia said gently.

She looked up at me and rested her hand on my cheek.

"Im always going to worry about you. You mean too much to me." I said sincerely.

Her face lit up with a smile.

"That's the smile I've been waiting for." I grinned.

She giggled and brought her face closer to mine.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you." I said firmly and without hesitation.

She grinned again.

It was quiet for a moment before she looked up at me again.

"What's up babe?" I asked.

"I have to be getting to work." She said quietly.

My body stiffened.

"I didn't know you were going to keep working there." I said stiffly.

"Babe. I really like my job. The atmosphere is fun, the people I work with are hilarious. I don't want to quit just because of Mike." Cynthia said.

"I just don't think its a good idea." I said.

She was quiet for a moment.

"How about I talk to my boss and have him not schedule me with Mike." She suggested.

I thought about it for a second.

I would rather her not work anywhere near him, but thats better than nothing.

"Yeah okay." I said softly.

What are you worried about babe?" She asked.

"What if he convinces you to leave me? Then what am I going to do?" I said in a low voice.

I hate sounding pathetic.

Cynthia sat up and straddled me, grabbing my face and making me look at her.

"That's never going to happen. Ever." She said.

I didn't say anything.

She grabbed my face again and made me look at her.

"I love you." She said firmly.

Her lips trailed down my neck and across my chest until the only thing I could think of was Cynthia.

It was a few hours later that we finally pulled apart.

"Now I'm gonna be late for work." Cynthia said with a goofy smile.

"Who cares?" I asked, my body still tingling.

"I do. My boss does too." She laughed.

She kissed me one more time.

"Well, at least now you smell like me."I said with a triumphant smile.

"Mmhmm. That's a good thing." She said, kissing me and rolling over me.

"I'm going to get dressed." Cynthia murmured, walking up the stairs.

I watched her walk away, smiling as her hips swayed from side to side.

It was twenty minutes later when she walked back downstairs, fully dressed.

Or should I say barely dressed.

"What the hell are you wearing." I asked.

"Ben told me i need to stop covering up so much. Says i have a body and I should use it to draw in the customers." She said with a scowl as shr pulled on the mini jean skirt she eas wearing.

"I guess hes right. I dont like iy but you do look sexy." I said with a grin.

She smiled and came over and gave me a kiss.

"I'll see you after work, babe. Love you." She murmured against my lips.

"Love you too." I said, smacking her ass when she walked away.

The door closed behind her and I stood up, wrapping the blanket around my waist.

"No babe, you'll see me later on tonight." I said, goimg up stairs to takr a shower and get dressed.

I was going to the bar tonight.