Status: Real slow updates as I'm in my last year at school...Would like some more feedback =)

Seeing Is Believing

This is my life

‘Annabelle! Get up and get ready now, the families will be here soon’ shouted Martha the orphanage caretaker.

Today is open day. Families, well more like couples come to the orphanage once every month to have a look at the children. I despise open day because Martha makes us dress in our best clothes in hope that one of the couples will foster us. At seventeen years of age not many people are willing to foster me and I’m fine with that. I only have a few more months until I can get out of the care of the state and live on my own. Yeah I’ve had my fair share of foster homes in the past and all of them sucked, there is only one that was even remotely good and that was only because I made a friend.

‘I mean it Annabelle! Up now!’ Martha continues to yell from outside my door.
Groaning in protest I pull my blankets over my head and go back to sleep.

I hear the crushing of waves hitting the shore and feel the gentle breeze of the ocean air. I didn’t have to open my eyes to know I was at the beach and I didn’t even have to open them to know I wasn’t alone.

‘Mason! Get out of my dreams!’ I yell for my laying position on the sand.
I heard a light chuckle behind me in reply to my statement.
‘I couldn’t help it Anna, I’m sorry but they basically have you on house arrest for the whole day, how else am I meant to see you?’ Mason replied with his velvet smooth voice while emerging from behind me.
‘Oh I see the logic in that. But why’d you choose the beach? It’s a bit ironic with your state don’t you think?’
‘Silly Anna, you’re basing your knowledge of my kind off of myths, what have I told you about those lies? We quite enjoy the sun though it does drain a lot out of us’ he explained

I should probably start explaining. Mason is my best and only friend, we met a year ago back when I was staying at a foster home and have been inseparable ever since. Mason’s not normal, by which I mean he’s not human. He’s actually a vampire to be precise, now I know you’re all probably thinking I’m crazy and that vampires don’t exist. But they do and I’m friends with one none the less. I didn’t believe Mason at first when he told me and it was only when he showed me his pearly whites and started appearing in my dreams every night, that I really acknowledged it was true and that vampires were in fact real. After accepting Mason for what he is, he told me everything I needed to know about his kind. I thought books like twilight and the vampire chronicles explained everything but they were false in every way. Mason told me his kind don’t burn or sparkle in the sun but being exposed to the sun for long periods of time starts to drain their energy. They sleep in beds like humans but don’t need to sleep for nearly as long. Garlic and holy water do nothing to them and a stake in the heart only immobilises them .In order to kill them completely you need to stake them, tear them to shreds and burn the pieces. All vampires are extremely fast and strong. They each specialise in one of the five elements; water, fire, air, earth and spirit. You could probably establish by now that Mason specialised in spirit and can walk dreams, compel minds and do many other freaky but cool things. Vampires can be both born and created and some hunt and kill humans for blood while others prefer much more civilised approaches to get their supplies. Those born vampires reach a certain age and stop aging from there; Mason stopped at eighteen and is now over one hundred years old.

‘Nice tattoo you got on your hip Anna, but aren’t you too young to have one?’ Mason asked drawing me back to my present state. I look down at what he was talking about, noticing that I was wearing a two piece swim suit courtesy of probably none other than Mason.
‘It’s not a tattoo Mace, it’s a scar’ I reply. You see I have this weird scar of a paw print on my hip with no clue as to how and why it’s there. ‘And why am I in swimmers, couldn’t you just have let me stay in my own comfortable clothing?’ I continue to ask
‘We’re at the beach Anna, why not play the part’ he said with a smirk ‘And a scar from what?’ he continued with a confused look on his face.
‘Not sure I’ve had it every since I could remember, I think I was born with it. Speaking of born, you have to help me look into finding out who my biological parents are’

Mason looked at my with the confusion wiped of his face and a look of horror now replacing it.
‘What’s the matter Mace?’ I ask starting to worry. Is he feeling okay? Is something wrong?
‘I just figured out something very disturbing and unbelievable’ he replied composing himself.
‘Care to share?’ I press.
‘Not now Belle, you should probably wake up and get ready before you get hounded again’

With that said the beach scene disappeared.


I jolt awake and look around my room. What did Mason figure out? Could it have something to do with who my parents were? Him not telling me is going to eat me up inside. I was then brought out of my thoughts by Martha yet again yelling at me to get up but this time she barged right into my room and forced me out of bed.

Today is going to be a long and tiring day.

Blaze’s POV:

I make my way down the corridors of the house, heading towards the office. The alpha requested a private meeting with my father and me. My father being Beta was already in the office when I arrived.

‘You wished to speak with me alpha’ I say with a tilt of my head to show respect.
‘Why yes boy, do come in and take a seat’ he replied
My father was already sitting in one of the chairs with a knowing look on his face. I have no clue what this could be about; I haven’t done anything wrong so surely this isn’t about a punishment.

After taking my seat I redirected my attention to the alpha.
‘Now Blaze, it has come to my understanding that my daughter has been located and that she is keeping unpleasant company’ he states. I nod my head to show my understanding but I don’t see how this has anything to do with me.
‘I wish for you to go collect her and bring her back here. The war has been over for years and I deem that it is now safe for her to be home, where she belongs’
‘All due respect alpha, I don’t see how this should be done by me. There are many other pack members that would be will and suitable enough to carry out this task. Wouldn’t I be of more help here teaching the young how to shift and hunt?’ I ask
‘I see that you have been doing a great job in teaching them but you see that scar you have on your upper chest?’ he asks. I nod in reply knowing what scar he’s referring to; I’ve had it since birth. ‘Well it is to my knowledge that she has one exactly the same as well’ he continues
‘I still don’t see what it has to do with me’ I reply even more confused than before. He doesn’t even bother to reply to me in words, he just gives me a knowing look and then it hit me.

There is no way that this girl a stranger, the alpha’s daughter none the less is MY.....- I couldn’t even think let alone say the term.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please...Comment..and..Subscribe...=)