Spinner's Child

Loops

"Daddy, look at that!" A small, pudgy finger pointed towards the loops.

An unmistakably short, devilishly cute young man eyed his daughter. "My dear, we are going on the loops right after daddy takes a crap, okay?" He laughed.

"Yes, but I don't want to." She mumbled, a tad bit uncertainly.

It was a lazy afternoon in the amusement park, the sun on the brink of setting, the sky filled with screams here and there. For Frank Iero, it was the most wonderful opportunity to bond with his child. Also another way of repaying his debts to Jamia.

"I don't care what day it is today, Frank, or what show is on later, it's your turn to take her out. For god sake's you need more bonding! I've been doing it since birth---" Yada yada, Frank thought miserably.

She stood there nearly three-fourths his height, with the Iero jawline, Jamia's piercing eyes, but of course with his heart-melting smile. It was their smiles with combined effort that brought Jamia's PMS issues to a screeching halt. Or in other cases, Mikey's mild tantrums that occasionally shook the Iero residence.

Frank Iero took off his cap and fanned himself lightly. "What do you say, kid? Up for a little upside down twirl?" He ruffled her hair in teasing manner.

"Daaad!" She laughed, shaking her head which was slowly developing into a bird's nest. "I don't like loops! I'm afraid of vomiting out my intestines!"

"Naw! Who told you something as absurd as that?" Frank carried her effortlessly and placed her on his back. She didn't complain. She tugged on his black strands until it seemingly resembled her own messy hair.

"I'm not doing it! Roller coasters are death machines. People die. A poor old man had a heart attack on one of those ... things." She grumbled.

"Now now, everyone knows roller coasters aren't for the faint hearted. Besides, roller coasters aren't all bad---"

"You can't compare them to anything good, Dad." She sighed, as if Frank were her own lovely burden, and she was explaining the same lesson for the enth time.

The father put her down abruptly and looked her in the eye. "Roller coasters ... might as well resemble love." He smiled.

"Wh--"

He cut her off. "You are unsure of whether the ride will give you a thrill of the lifetime, or the heaviest feeling of regret. But when you get on, you take a deep breath and lunge, your heart explodes, rips right out of your chest and you scream until your throat leaves you hoarse. You get off. You feel absolutely wonderful, it leaves you breathless, and you think you will never get on anything as terrifying as that, but you do. It's the thrill that makes you feel infinite. Love is a deathly ride."

"Daddy, you should know that I didn't understand that." She cocked her eyebrow, shifting her attention back to her cotton candy.

He chuckled, put her back on his back and took his own bite from her bubblegum flavored cotton candy.

~.~.~
But I did. I fell in love, I felt the roller coaster make my own heart gallop and twist and turn until my own mind turned its back on logic. Dad, I felt my deathly ride. I went on the loops. And I'm back, breathless, wanting for more, because this was the greatest feeling in the world. The ride I was terrified of getting on, left me with the smile that shook my entire body.

I guess you were right all along, Dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
One shot. :) I am aware that Frank has twins, I'm sorry I only used a daughter for this one. D: Anyway, thank you for reading. Comments are very much appreciated.