Status: Slowly Active

Lost in Stereo

03

“Come on kids! School time!” Jeanie called. Scarlette shot out of bed like a firework on the fourth of July and bolted down the stairs. After two weeks of staying in the town, Scarlette was finally used to it. However, she was no where ready to have to make friends.

“WHAT?!” She cried.

“You’re parents transferred you already.” Jeanie said, smiling lovingly. “No need to worry.” She said. Scarlette’s entire body seemed to cave in on itself as she began to have a panic attack and then she fainted. Jeanie screamed and the three boys ran downstairs.

“What’s going on?!” Jayden shouted. Andy saw the body of the girl and yelped.

“What the hell?!” Zak shouted. He and Jayden picked her up and moved her to the couch while Andy got a towel and a bowl of water.

When she finally came to, she had to explain why she fainted.

“Cuz I don’t make friends well.” She grumbled.

So, then she was questioned on her other friends.

“You mean the ones I made when I was in kindergarten and it was because we all had timeout at the same time for fighting the same kid because he picked on another little girl?” She asked.

Finally, she was asked how long it would take her to get ready.

“Ten minutes.” She grumbled, and then left to get ready for her first day of school.

*******************************************************************

“Ey babe.” Saffire answered while humming a tune. “You ready for another day of-“

“I’m going to school.” Scarlette said in annoyance over the phone. Saffire laughed.

“Have fun baby! Make friends! Get cute boys! Raise your hand! Say please and thank y-“

“Saf! Not funny!” Scarlette cut her off. Saffire began laughing which caused Scarlette to laugh. “So, what do I wear!?” She groaned. Saffire immediately started naming stuff off in Scarlette’s wardrobe. Scarlette ran around and grabbed each item, throwing them on quickly. “Hair.” She said and Saffire started rambling off what she should do. “Makeup?” Saffire told her.

“For shoes wear your electric blue hightops.” Saffire said. Scarlette paused mid run to her closet and sighed.

“Saffy, I miss you so much! Thank you so so much! I can’t wait to visit you! You are a life saver and I love you so much!” Scarlette said in one breath. Saffire laughed.

“I miss you too Scarry. Now, finish getting ready.” Scarlette ran to the mirror and looked into it. With Axxe’s jeans, Devyn’s shirt, and Saffire’s jacket covering her small frame, she felt more safe then she had in a long time. “How’s it look?” Saffire asked, knowing that Scarlette was in front of the mirror.

“Relaxed.” Scarlette admitted. “And cute as hell! Thanks babe. I’mma head out now.”

“Love you!”

“Love you too!”

***********************************************************************

“Whoa!” Andy’s friend whispered when he got on the bus. Everyone road the bus to school. So, for the first time in the last four years, Scarlette road the bus.

“Hey man!” Andy called, lifting his hand up to wave at the boy who’s eyes were glued to Scarlette. She was sitting in her seat. Her feet tucked underneath her as she listened to her ipod and glared out the window.

“What’s up her ass?” He asked. Andy shrugged.

“Something about this being the first time she’s rode a bus. I don’t really know. All I know is that she fainted this morning when she found out she has to go to school. Me, Jayden, and Zak have to take her to the front office.” Andy said. His friend nodded.

“Fun.” He said sarcastically. Andy smirked.

“Loads.”

“Yo! Jayden! Wake up sleeping bitchy. We are almost there.” Zak said. Andy, who was sitting in front of Jayden, glanced over to see that Scarlette had in fact fallen asleep.

“And die? No way! Andy, you do it!” Jayden said.

“What? And die?! Thanks for looking out for me Jay.” Andy grumbled, but switched to the small girls seat and shook her shoulder. “Scarlette, wake up.” He said softly. Her hand reached out and pushed him from her seat before she sat up and ruffled her own hair.

“Neah!” She groaned and slumped forwards, folding her whole body in half. “Andy, sweetheart, I know you are the nicer of the group and all. And for that, I’m not going to kill you. But, next time you all want me awake, throw something at me. It’s safer.” She said.

“Aw! She called Andy sweetheart!” Zak mocked. Scarlette sat up straight.

“Zak, douche bag, you’re first on my hit list. Shut up.” She said. He laughed and she did too. Over the past two weeks, they had created an odd friendship. They insulted each other like crazy all day long and then they’d chill on the couch and watch tv together at night.

“Whatever bitch.” He replied, and flopped backwards against his messenger bag. She smirked.

“You need new names.” She said, and pulled her bag into her lap. The Chesire Cat smiled back at everyone.

“Holy damn!” Jayden muttered. He and Andy exchanged looks as Scarlette and Zak continued to argue.

“WE’RE HERE!!” Scarlette suddenly sang, scaring everyone.

“Thank you Captain Obvious!” Zak snapped.

“Why you are very much welcome Lieutenant Sarcasm.” Scarlette replied, smiling adorable and hopping out of her seat and skipping to the front of the bus, ignoring the fact that she cut off everyone else and didn’t wait. “Bye Mr. Bus Driver!” She called as she hopped off the bus and went skipping into the school.

“Can you say Bi-Polar?!” Zak shouted out the window at her. She paused, turned around, and grinned.

“BI-POLAR!” She shouted back. All three guys groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Threeee!
-Kait