Raised By Wolves

The legend.

Over a thousand years ago there was a man who entered the forest. At this time it was forbidden for a human to do so, as the forest belonged to its creatures and the creatures alone. When the man went into the forest, the wolves –who were the guardians of the forest – chased him out. In anger the man stole the moon from the sky which was the wolves’ most precious gift from the gods. The man agreed to return the moon only if he could take a wolf as a mate. If he had a she-wolf as a mate he could live in the forest just as any other creature could.

The wolves gave in and a she-wolf – the Alpha’s daughter – had volunteered to be his mate to settle this once and for all. The two lived in the forest but were shunned by all other creatures. The man was kind to his mate but it was not enough for her; she longed to be with her own kind. The man decided that children would finally make her happy and they produced five pups; Amelia the Brave, Ravum the Strong, Blaze the Wise, Scaar the Quick, and Gabriel the Kind.

The she-wolf loved her children very much but she still missed her pack. The man became kind with age and decided to leave the forest and return to human land. In this, the she-wolf could go back to her pack and live with her family. However, the wolves and all other creatures still rejected humans – including the she-wolf’s pups. The man took his children to the human land and to live among the fellow people. The people accepted the children, not knowing their true roots.

Amelia, Ravum, Blaze, Scaar, and Gabriel lived and grew among the humans but they were still pulled towards their forest roots. They tried but the creatures still rejected the young pups. However, when they became of age they could take the form of a wolf and return to the forest.

The pups continued to live in the human land and forest for many years until one day a human boy saw them shift to wolves. The boy ran and told his father and the father began to tell the rest of the land. They decided they would kill the half-wolves and their sire. Unbeknownst to the humans a tiger also saw them shift and told the rest of the forest. The creatures also decided to kill the half-wolves and their mother.

When the humans and creatures began attacking the half-wolves, the siblings decided to run away. They rode the Sun’s rays across the seas and away from all that knew of their parents. Soon they were on land that had never laid eyes on the half-wolves. They were accepted by all – the humans and creatures alike. The half-wolves all moved to different parts of the Earth but on each full moon they howled and their voices traveled through the winds so they could hear each other. All of their pups were born with the same abilities as their parents; they had the capability of turning into wolves when they were of age.

It is said that all werewolves descent from Amelia the brave, Ravum the Strong, Blaze the Wise, Scaar the Quick, or Gabriel the Kind.

We were no exception.