Don't Ever Lose Hope

Don't Ever Lose Hope- Chapter 10

Zack’s POV

I was so stoked to be on this cruise; it was the perfect escape from everything. I think it was a much needed vacation for everyone and was so glad when Matt suggested it. I mean what could be better than lying out by the pool and surfing during the day and performing with your best friends at night? Yeah, that’s right, nothing.
I was currently enjoying the waves of the ocean as I tried to perfect this trick on my new board; however, I lost count on how many times this trick has failed me. As soon as I went with the waves to try the trick again, I heard someone calling my name from a distance. And it wasn’t my brightest idea when I decided to look over at that person because as soon as I did I lost balance of the board and my body and soon landed, hard I might add, into the chilliness of the ocean.
I made my way to the shore, realizing it was only Rian who had called me. He had his hand out like he wanted to give me something and as I got closer to him I realized he had my phone.
“Sorry if I messed up your trick, but your sister is on the phone and it sounds important,” he explained, handing me my cell. Now, why my sister would be calling me? I don’t have a clue, but I guess I’m getting ready to find out.
“Hello?” I said in a confused way. “Zack?” she questioned with a shaky voice. I instantly could tell something was wrong.
“What’s wrong?” I asked her picking up my board to walk back to my room. She tried to catch her breath and I could tell she had been crying. “Are you okay?” I was even more curious as to why she was calling me, worried with every step I took.
“Is it bad if I can’t even get out of my own house?” she asked me in a worried tone. “Well it depends why you can’t,” I told her getting more confused by the moment.
“These freaking paparazzi have been outside our house for I don’t know how long, maybe two days straight. I haven’t been keeping track because I’ve been trying to figure out ways to get out of this house without them seeing me. I don’t understand why they are here and I don’t understand why they won’t even let me out of my own freaking house?!” I sighed, running my fingers through my messed up hair. I guess this was what Matt was afraid of. I could tell she was doing everything in her power to stay calm, but it wasn’t working to well.
“Listen to me Marissa, I’m going to talk to Matt and fly you out on our next stop, which is tonight, so you can get out of this mess. It’s not fair that we got away from it, but you’re still stuck in it.” I explained, more furious at the media than before.
“Okay Zack, thank you so much,” she said almost in a whisper. “No problem sweetie, just try to go to sleep and I’ll email you your boarding pass. You should be able to get here late tonight.” I told her hoping that would be the case. “I love you Marissa.” “I love you to Zack.” I hung up the phone, setting my board down when I entered the room.
I instantly dialed Matt’s number and explained the situation to him. He was more than happy to fly her out here; I was just relieved that she didn’t have to be confined in our house any longer. I couldn’t wait to perform our first set tonight, but I was even happier that I would get to see my sister.

Alex’s POV:

I had to take a moment to catch my breath because I couldn’t fully take in what I was seeing. The cold tiled bathroom floor was covered in red, which assuming the worst was blood. I hesitantly walked in, carefully trying not to slip on the already messy floor, just looking at the scene made me nauseous.
My body was shaking, losing all body heat. I was instantly consumed in cold air that surrounded me and my girlfriend, who I found kneeling on the ground screaming in pain. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her; I couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything but stare at what she was cradling in her arms.
My breathing quickened when I came to the realization that what she was holding was another human life, but it didn’t look like she was breathing. My vision was blurry all of the sudden from the tears that formed, now running down my moist cheeks. I knelt down on the bloody floor beside her, letting the tears fall freely now. I didn’t care if my outfit was covered in blood; I didn’t care about anything at the moment. As long as I was with her, my heart wasn’t broken completely.
“Alex you need to get up; Nicole has to be taken to the hospital, now.” I looked over and saw my best friend trying to get my girlfriend out of this tragic mess. She was being pulled away from me. As I looked around I realized paramedics surrounded the bathroom area. I needed to get out. Taking quick breaths I slowly moved towards the door, but then someone pulled me back.
“You can’t go with her,” Jack whispered to me. I tried desperately to get out of his strong grasp he had on me. “No Jack; you don’t understand! I have to go with her!” I screamed in pain.
“Alex, don’t worry you will be able to see her. They just need to get her in the proper care first.”
“Jack, you moron; I need to see my daughter. Now let me go!” I was having hard time breathing and soon stopped fighting with Jack and slammed myself against the bathroom door. “This can’t be happening. Please tell me I’m dreaming Jack, please?” I begged him pulling my knees up to my chest.
I felt completely numb. I’ve never felt like this before; there was a hole in my chest now. It couldn’t be filled until I saw her again, my daughter. It felt weird saying those words, but they were true. Even if Nicole hadn’t told me about her, I had this gut feeling that she had been trying to tell me all along; she just couldn’t find the strength and courage to do it. Unfortunately, I had to find out the truth this way, which wasn’t what either of us had planned. But life isn’t planned and you have to take the good with the bad. No matter how grueling and painful the bad might be you have to be able to pick up the pieces and move on because life does go on without you and it would be a shame if you weren’t a part of it.

Rian’s POV:

So here we are again, confined in the four, white walled tiny waiting room. Except this time it wasn’t Jack whose life was at stake, it was Alex’s girlfriend, Nicole. The tension in the room was hard to bear because we all knew what had happened even before the doctor told us the heartbreaking event that took place just thirty minutes ago. I couldn’t imagine what Alex might be going through right now. As I looked at him sitting across from me, he looked like a complete mess; his clothes covered in dry blood, his eyes puffy and red, his hair looking like he just woke up from a horrible nightmare, which in reality, he was living proof of it. I couldn’t stand to be in his shoes. We continually told him we would be there for him when he needed us; there really wasn’t anything else we could do but wait…again.
“Mr. Gaskarth, Nicole would like to see you,” the nurse said leading the way to the room where Alex would see her for the first time since the incident.

Nicole’s POV:

As soon as I saw my boyfriend in the doorway a smile instantly appeared on my face. I was glad to see he was doing okay, or at least better than me. He sat down next to me on the hard cushioned bed. He took a big breath in, tears forming in his eyes.
“What happened?” he asked me. I could tell he was truly heartbroken, and it broke my heart to see him like this. I shook my head, not knowing where to begin. I said the first thing that has been on my mind him ever since he walked into that bathroom, “I am so sorry; I really wish you didn’t have to find out like that.” He wrapped his strong arms around me in a warm embrace. I was glad to be in his arms and couldn’t hold back the tears any longer.
I looked up at him after five minutes, his shirt soaked with my tears. “Alex, I had a miscarriage. I just keep on thinking if I would have told you sooner we would have been going to regular scheduled doctor’s appointments and none of this would have ever happened, it’s all my fault.” I buried my face in the crook of his neck trying to catch my breath.
“Nicole, look at me.” I slowly looked up at his gorgeous face. “I love you with all my heart; I’ve never felt more alive with someone before in my life. And it breaks my heart when I hear you blame yourself for things that were out of your control, especially this. This is not your fault, okay? Even though this situation didn’t turn out the way we would have liked it too, it’s okay. We are in love and will be able to make as many babies as you want. I mean, only if you’re okay with that.” That was the first time I had laughed in a while and glad it was Alex who did that for me; I needed it. I needed to realize that everything was going to be okay and that this wasn’t my fault. I’m so glad I have a person like Alex in my life; I would be lost without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone enjoyed chapter 10! Thank you to all my readers...your support means a lot and i thank you for taking the time out to read my story =)

Whose ready to hear some new All Time Low songs?! I am!!! Alex has been tweeting stuff about that and i am dying to hear what it sounds like..i know it will be amazing! anyways just thought i'd mention that lol.

Enjoy! Comment! Subscribe! =)
<3 Kelsey