Don't Ever Lose Hope

Don't Ever Lose Hope- Chapter 5

Rian’s POV:
It felt like hours had passed when in reality we have only been sitting in this dull waiting room for about thirty minutes now. No one had said a word since getting here, and to be honest it was freaking me out. Alex was never this quiet, and as I looked over at him and Nicole I could tell there was some tension between them. I guess Alex got it worse than the rest of us, even though we were all scared out of our minds waiting to know what will happen to Jack. Alex and Jack had been best friends even before meeting Zack and I, so I know what kind of pain he must be going through right now. I wish there was some way I could help, but unfortunately there wasn’t anything I could do to make Alex feel better; there wasn’t anything that anyone could do to make anyone of us feel better. Basically to put it into four words or less; June 19 has sucked…majorly.

Jack’s POV:
I could hear the monitor beeping beside me very clearly, and let me tell ya; it was getting really annoying. What I wanted the most was complete silence, so I could drift into a peaceful sleep, but the monitor continued to beep, not letting me fulfill what my whole body desperately sought now. As my eyes finally were able to drown out the irritating sound, I let sleep take over. As I fell into this deep sleep, it’s like I entered a brand new world. A world full of guitars and hot girls; I was in heaven. Oh yeah and Alex was there too, but he didn’t seem that important. That is, until he started talking to me. It looked like he had been crying because of his puffy red eyes.
“What’s wrong?” I asked him simply. He looked at me again and sighed.
“Jack, what’s wrong is that we need you right now, like dreadfully. This is not your time to leave us. We haven’t done everything we have sought out to do, and if you leave us it won’t be the same doing those things without you. As a matter of fact; it will never be the same. Our lives will change for the worst without you here. Don’t you get it? You’re apart of us, a part of the band, our friendship to many, a brother, and if you go Jack, dude I don’t know our lives would be a wreck.”
Even though I heard everything Alex was telling me; I was really confused. I’m not leaving; I’m with Alex right now! What he’s saying isn’t making since and I wish I could understand why he is telling me this.
“Alex, why do you need me?” I asked him.
“Did you listen to anything I just told you?!” he asked raising his voice. I nodded my head; he asked me if I listened; not if I understood anything so technically I was telling the truth.
“Then are you asking me that? Why Jack?! Don’t you get it? You can’t leave, no matter how tempting it might be to stay here, in this glorious place. Please; I’m begging you Jack. I’m your best friend and you have to trust me when I say it is not your time to go.” Wow, he actually had tears in his eyes. I watched him sit down next to me and the next thing I knew he had his arms wrapped around me balling his eyes out. That’s when I knew, if I stayed here; this was going to affect not only him but Zack, Rian, Meagan, everyone I loved and cared about. I didn’t know if I was brave enough to put that burden on everyone just yet. My best friend was right; it wasn’t my time to go. That is when I left the light, the light that was leading me down the wrong path. Luckily, I have Alex to thank for leading me down the right one.

Alex’s POV:
As I was sitting there beside Jack, my best friend, I prayed he would wake up and continued to pray until he would. Ten minutes had passed since I sat down and saw the paleness of his skin, all covered with cuts and bruises. It tore me apart to see him like that, and as time kept ticking away, I was beginning to lose hope. Hope that I was holding onto ever since I walked into the hospital doors. And as I was sitting there, it gave me a lot of time to think. Think about how messed up I am. I never realized until now, but I am. I made Nicole have sex with me when she didn’t want to, and now she’s the one in pain because of it and probably pregnant. If I never threw that party for Jack, he would never have gotten into this accident in the first place or if I just tried to convince him harder for me to take Meagan home instead of him I wouldn’t be sitting here in a hospital room by my best friend hoping he was going to make it. Wow; I’m a complete idiot. This is my entire fault and now I can’t help pick up the pieces. There is nothing I can do except sit here watching Jack; which wasn’t that easy seeing the state he was in.
Then, I had an idea. I didn’t know if it would work, but it was worth the shot. I went back to the waiting room and out the doors; getting glared from Zack, Rian, Meagan and Nicole wondering why I was leaving. I grabbed my guitar out of the trunk of my car and took it inside; Meagan, Nicole, Zack and Rian continuing to stare at me as I walked past them and into Jack’s room once again. Then, I started to play the chords I was so familiar with and sang;
My ship went down in a sea of sound
When I woke up alone I had everything
A hand full of moments I wish I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade

In a city of fools I was careful and cool
But they tore me apart like a hurricane
A handful of moments I wish I could change
But I was carried away

Give me therapy, I’m a walking travesty
But I’m smiling at everything
Therapy, you were never a friend to me
And you can keep all your misery

My lungs gave out as I face the crowd
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous
I’m flesh and bone, I’m a rolling stone
And the experts say I’m delirious

Give me therapy, I’m a walking travesty
But I’m smiling at everything
Therapy, you were never a friend to me
You can take back your misery

Arrogant boy, love yourself so no one has to
They’re better off without you
They’re better off without you
Arrogant boy, cause a scene like you’re supposed to
They’ll fall asleep without you
You’re lucky if your memory remains

Give me therapy, I’m a walking travesty
But I’m smiling at everything
Therapy, you were never a friend to me
You can take back your misery

Therapy, I’m a walking travesty
But I’m smiling at everything
Therapy, you were never a friend to me
You can choke on your misery

As I finished singing the last note, I looked over at Jack and saw that his eyes were fluttering open. Wow; did that actually work? I asked myself, smiling for the first time in a while. Jack slowly turned his head and looked at me; he smiled.
“Hey Alex; don’t worry. I’m not going anywhere.” It was then when I knew everything was going to be fine and it was then that I also gained back that hope that I almost lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know short, but chapter 6 will make up for it! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! =) Make sure to comment/subscribe! Thanks so much!

-Kelsey