Sleeping Beauty

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Frank Iero walked out from Starbucks. He had a mug of hot coffee in his hands. He was really late. He only had like ten minutes to get to school on time. But he didn’t hurry. His first class was gym, so he didn’t mind being late, if he even was gonna show up.

Frank took a sip of coffee and the hot drink burned his tongue and lips. But he kind of enjoyed the pain. That might be the reason everyone thought of him as a freak. He didn’t mind it. He didn’t give a fuck what everyone else thought of him. He was Frank fucking Iero.

Frank decided to skip his gym class. He really didn’t want to jump up and down with a group of boys. He sucked at gym, so why bother? Instead, he went out for a smoke.

“Mind if I steal one of your smokes?” a voice asked behind Frank and Frank jumped. He didn’t have a clue someone had came there.

“Jesus Christ!” Frank yelled in shock. Then he turned around to see who the hell had just scared the crap out of him. The guy had a long black hair and these most amazing eyes you can imagine. The guy was gorgeous. Frank just stared at him until the guy raised an eyebrow to him and woke Frank up from his nirvana.

“Don’t do that!” Frank said, now very angry. The guy had totally caught him off-guard and he didn’t like that.

“Sorry, I just wanted a smoke” the guy said.

“You can have one” Frank said.
The guy reached for the smokes and took one. Frank lighted it for him.

“Thanks. I’m Gerard, by the way” the guy introduced himself.

“I’m Frank”

Frank hadn’t ever thought that a guy could look that good. All day, Frank kept thinking about Gerard. He had never seen him before, but Gerard told Frank his little brother was a year older than Frank and was in the same school. Frank tried to guess who could be Gerard’s kid brother, but couldn’t think of nobody. The thing bugged Frank. He needed to know. He needed to see Gerard again.

Gerard told him he liked to spend time sitting on the rocks near the school. Nobody liked to go there, ‘cause they found a dead body there two years ago. Frank thought it was pretty cool actually. Frank decided to go and see if Gerard would be there.

“Gerard? Gerard, are you here?”

“Hey, Frank! What are you doing here?” Gerard asked when he saw Frank. Frank was happy to hear a delighted tone in Gerard’s voice.

“Just thought I’d stop by. You owe me a smoke” Frank smirked.
Gerard offered a smoke to Frank and they sat in silence while they both sucked their cancer sticks.

“So, what’s the real reason you came?” Gerard asked.
‘Shit.’ Frank thought. How could he know?!

“I, umm... didn’t want to go home” Frank said finally.

“Why?”

“It’s... I just don’t like it there” Frank said and Gerard heard the awkward tone in Frank quiet voice and took it as a sign to stop asking questions.

“Hey, my house is empty tonight. There’s only Mikey and me, our parents are away for a while and we decided to watch a movie. Wanna join?” Gerard asked.

“Yeah, sure!”

“Mikey? Mikey, I’m here! I brought a friend!”
‘He called me a friend’ Frank noticed and felt something warm inside of him.

“I’m upstairs. I’ll be right there!” a voice yelled an answer to Gerard.

“Let’s go to the kitchen. You hungry?”

“Yeah”

“I’m starving” Gerard said and smiled. He had a nice smile.

Mikey joined them in a minute. He was a thin guy, with glasses. He looked like a nerd, but seemed like a really nice guy.

“Hey, what’s up? I’m Mikey” the guy introduced himself.

“Frank”

“And in case you both forgot my name, I’m Gerard” Gerard joked and Frank laughed a little.

When the movie was over, it was already really dark and Mikey had fallen asleep.

“Aren’t your parents worried about you? You didn’t call them or anything. Do they know where you are?”

“No, they don’t actually care. They noticed my lip piercing after a month. It took three months for them to notice the scorpion tattooed on my neck” Frank said and Gerard felt compassion for the guy. He figured that Frank didn’t want to talk about his relationship with his parents.

“You have a tattoo? Cool! Let me see it!”
Frank turned so Gerard could see the black scorpion on his neck. Gerard touched it with his warm fingers.

“Wow, that’s awesome. I can’t get a tattoo or any piercings, I’m afraid of needles” Gerard told, still watching Frank’s neck.

“Fear is just a feeling” Frank said.

“Yeah, but still, needles scare the shit out of me”

“I get it” Frank smiled.

“So, you want to get more tattoos?” Gerard asked, now looking straight at Frank’s eyes.

“Yeah, I want to get more. I love tattoos. It’s my way to express myself.”

“I like to draw. I’m in art school”
Frank just smiled at him. He thought it was pretty cool to be in an art school.

“Hey, you want some coffee?”

“Yeah, but I think I have to get home soon. I don’t actually want to go, but I think I need to. It will be World War III if I don’t show up soon” Frank said and stood up.

“I thought your parents didn’t care”

“Yeah, well, they do care when THEY feel like it”

“Oh man, I’m sorry. Sounds like crap”

“It is.” Frank said and walked out of the door.