Random Oxymorons

Random Oxymorons

[This is all in Kristen's POV. I do NOT own Brendon Urie...but I do own the "original" characters, Kristen and Drew.]

It had been an entire week since Brendon and I last spoke. It’s not like we weren’t still together…he was just upset.

Flashback:
“I think this is crumbling…” Brendon said, sitting on my bed, looking up at my pink bedroom walls.
I swallowed hard and put my hand on his arm. He didn’t mean what he just said. “Brendon, You know I still love you…”
In a second, he swiped my hand away “You know what I mean.” He answered with a harsh tone and stormed out of my bedroom.
End Flashback.

I was determined to be on my best behavior this week, though. My best friend Arriana, who lives in Utah, was staying with me for the weekend, and I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. It’s only 9:30 on a Saturday night, and I’m already exhausted. Arriana already went to bed, so I decided to call it a night. I walked down the hall, and soon bumped into Brendon. I looked down, so I wouldn’t have to look up at him…while he looked up so he wouldn’t have to look down at me. It seemed like at least 2 minutes had gone by, so I finally looked at him. Lucky me, he looked down at me at the same time. This whole time I was practically dozing off, so when he placed his hand behind my head and kissed me, I only thought of it as a dream. I quickly kissed back, though. He is still my boyfriend, and I do love him. So why not? I wrapped my arms around his lean torso as he placed his hands on my hips. I lead him to my bedroom, but it’s all a blur from there.

I woke up on an empty, made up bed. I was late for my hair appointment. I shot out of bed and walked into the guest room, hoping to find Arriana, since she was going to drive me to my appointment. She wasn’t in there….Bingo!! There she was, in the kitchen, talking to Brendon. I raised my eyebrows at her and she laughed at the lack of clothing I had on. I blushed. I was in a short t-shirt, but nothing else. Running back to my bedroom, I got dressed.
After my hair appointment, Arriana dropped me home, but she went out for dinner with one of the guys who worked at the salon.
I was lazy the rest of the night. My parents were going to be coming back tomorrow, from their weekend trip and I’d also be starting another great week of school.

I walked into the kitchen to grab my bottle of water, but my eyes spotted a plane ticket on the counter.
Brendon Urie to Nevada
I sighed and grabbed my water bottle, deciding to go place it in my room, then go to find Brendon. I didn’t have to search for him, fortunately. There he was, sitting on my bed, suitcases on the floor next to him.
I nodded my head slightly and sat next to him, fixing my eyes on the television before me. Usually I pay more attention to the TV when we’re about to fight, or have a long, serious talk….but I couldn’t now.
I think it’s been exactly one minute now…and no one has said anything.
I watched my digital alarm clock go up another minute.
I sighed quietly and looked up to the ceiling for a second, or so it seemed…
3 minutes.
Thinking of what to say, I cracked my knuckles and began to hum the tune of “Bubbly”.
5 minutes.
Maybe I should be the first to speak…
7 minutes.
I cleared my throat, hoping he would say something.
9 minutes.
I sighed again, rather loudly this time, and decided to just wait till there’s been 10 minutes of silence. I didn’t feel like talking after only 9 minutes and 23 seconds of silence.
10 minutes.
“So, I see you’re going back to Vegas.” Unfortunately, he spoke at the same time as I did, so I didn’t catch a word of it.
“Yeah, I am. There’s no need to go to Florida anymore.” he replied with a small laugh.
I opened my mouth to say something, but he beat me to it.
“The Starbucks cup..” he started again, nodding towards the empty Starbucks cup with Drew’s name on it. “The phone calls, the sudden lack of interest in even being a vegetarian..” he continued, but I blocked him out because I thought all of this over.
He was right...it’s true. I never talk on the phone…unless Drew calls. I would never ever change myself…especially when it comes to being a vegetarian…for anyone, but I would eat meat for Drew in a heartbeat. I suppose it’s sad, but I..
“This is a dumb question to ask,” my thoughts were interrupted with him asking me, “but is there someone else?”
I had to admit, I was shocked that he caught on. Knowing Brendon for the past few years, I’ve learned that he’s not exactly the brightest guy out there.
Then reality hit. He knew.
I tried to choke back tears, and I lifted my hand over my eyes.
I took a deep breath and I felt his eyes fall upon me. “Yes, sweetie. There is.”
Brendon nodded and continued with saying, “It makes sense. You couldn’t get over the Joel thing long enough to fall in love with me, but you’ve already fallen for Drew.”
This ‘Joel thing’ he’s referring to is the big break up me and my ex had. Because of it, I don’t believe in being “in love”. Pretty ignorant for me to say, I know, cause I’m sooo young.
“Don’t say that.” I shot back. He knows I don’t believe in such a thing…so why would Drew be any exception?
“I see it, though.” He paused then placed a hand on my arm. “He’s perfect for you.”
With that, he grabbed his luggage and walked out of my room.
Out of my house and into his rental car.
Drove to the airport, and went back home. Where he belongs.
I told Arriana the story, but when she asked how I felt all I could say was, “My feelings…are just a bunch of random oxymoron, right now.”

----

Hope you liked it. :]