The Life

Chapter One

And there they were: standing on the Las Vegas Strip. They were in love. All four of their blue eyes were wide and focused on everything around them: the bars, the clubs, the casinos, the sights, the strip clubs...everything.

The shortest of the four leaned against a railing that blocked off access to a beautiful water display, with colored lights giving it life. “And to think, this is our new home…” She sighed dreamily, her wavy blonde locks falling onto her shoulders.

“This is where the fun begins!” The tallest grinned, sending a few winks to girls who happened to be passing. The blonde rolled her eyes.

“Jay, we’ve been here for, like, two seconds and you’re already breaking hearts.” The man in question was, in all reality, beautiful. The downside to that was the fact that he knew it and used it to his advantage.

“And that’s the fun in being in a new town, Allie!” He smirked, taking his eyes off of the other girls to land on the brunette beside him. “And damn, Hayley, you get finer every minute.”

She let out a snort. “Oh please, Jacoby. You know flattery will never get you anywhere.” She tilted her head towards him, letting the lights of the city glimmer against her pale skin.

“When did I become such a dick that you have to use my full name?” He leaned towards her, his lips parted slightly in a way that made girls ogle.

“You’ve always been a dick, Jay. You just seem to forget, so it’s my duty to remind you.” She smirked, resting her elbow on the railing and jutting out her hip.

Sure, Jay knew how to seduce the ladies…but Hayley, and more so Allie, knew how to seduce the boys.

Just a little skin, cleavage, a pretty-pretty smile, and the right body language…and you’ve got them wrapped around your finger and carrying your purse in public.

The blonde boy cleared his throat, distracting Jay. “I’m pretty sure Las Vegas does not need to see you two release your sexual tensions on each other on the first night.” Allie snickered.

Hayley rolled her eyes, tossing her shiny locks over her shoulder. “Shut up Brad.”

“Please, Hayley. You’re just pissed because you would.” Allie giggled, twisting a blonde lock of hair around her index finger. Hayley gave Allie the view of her middle finger before returning her gaze to the beautiful city lights.

“By the way, Al, where are we staying?” Brad put his full attention on Allie, his blue eyes glued to her and the clothes that stuck like second skin.

Allie scrunched up her nose, tapping a finger on her chin. “Huh, good question…” Out of the corner of her eye, Brad’s own eyes went wide and Jay’s jaw dropped. Hayley stifled her laugh.

“Al, you mean to tell us that we came all the way from the West Coast-” Allie spread her fingers on his muscled chest, giving him a charming smile.

“Brad, honestly, you think I’m that dumb? Of course we have a place to stay! Since we’re living here now, I took the liberty of getting two apartments since I know you two idiots would never manage.”

Jay slung an arm around Hayley’s shoulder, pulling her to his chest. “So where is me and Hayley’s apartment?” Hayley snorted, again, and easily broke out of his grip.

Allie merely raised an eyebrow, choosing to ignore that. “Anyway, I’ll give you two the address so you can take a cab there.”

“What about you two?”

Allie laughed, waving a hand at the two. “We start work tonight.”

Hayley smirked, turning back to the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best opening - short too - but it will do.