Status: New story. Updates once every week, currently no specific day. Comment/Subscribe?

Veil of Shadows

Image


Aisha Rose
lives in the small, quiet town of Sunset Falls, Washington, which is only an hour away from Sunset Falls, the final and largest waterfall of the Skykomish River. It seems that everything is strictly ordinary at this tree encased town in Washington. Nothing bad appeared to happen at this seemingly perfect habitat.

Aiden Chevalier is back at Sunset Falls once more, this time, looking for a brand new prey. At the center of the woods lies his old home, far from the rest of the town, a flawless place for him and the others to reside with no chance of being recognized from the previous time of dwelling in Sunset Falls.

One night, Aisha strays from home and meanders to the woods she'd visited many times, unknowingly wandering into jeopardous and newly once more inhabited territory. Slipping past the boundaries, she later realized, happened to have been the most unintelligent, most dangerous, and one of the most moronic stunts she'd pulled and decision she'd happened to have made.

Aiden captures a brand new prey one night. Wanting nothing of the toy other than for entertainment before advancing onto them, he tries to use his irresistible charm and spellbinding skills to convince the younger victim to fall into his clutches and to abide by his every whim, he is stunned to find himself being fought back, much to his amusement. He had never once expected this from anything, especially not something he was using for entertainment.

A fierce Aisha continually attempts to escape, deliberately trying to anger her captor, though finding no avail. The man, who surprisingly only looked one or two years older than her (and is rather handsome, despite her tries to convince herself otherwise), saw her as nothing but a mere pawn in his game, a game she played back. She wouldn't surrender. She wouldn't let him win.

Aiden finds himself continually being surprised by his living checker piece, whom he found amusing and intriguing, much to his curiosity and slight dismay. He continued to receive a reaction out of the prey, and even though he used his charm and otherworldly appearance to persuade her to do his every bidding, he found the results displeasing. He tried harder. Only, this pawn would not surrender.

Will Aisha escape her captor and return back to where she belonged? Or will Aiden lure his pawn into his personal veil of shadows?
  1. Whisper
    "Whispered voices at my ear, death before my eyes, lying next to me, I fear,"--Evanescence, "Whisper"