Having A Life To Spare Or Not.

Unloved for only a Reason

I was in the girl's bathroom looking at myself. Why does people hate me but not Skylar? I thought.
"I look like a dumb ass loser!" I cussed out loud.
"Really? Because I heard that somebody said that you looked beautiful everyday to himself. And I know him up and close to my heart." A guy with somewhat an handsome voice, I took a peek in the mirror and he was pretty cute. Myself of course I would think.
"And you are????" I asked smirking at his face hoping not noticing.
"I'm Sterling Carter John. You are?" Sterling, what a beautiful name. Nobody had that name it was either these four names, Josh, Nick, Justin or Michel. I wanted to say my name was Melissa Janeta Jones. But no, my name is Emma Canes. Gay name. Very gay. My step-dad started calling me Emma and now my name is Emma. My name was Skyra Fann. Yup, my mom named my first name which is Skyra and my dad named my middle name, Beatriz. I loved that name.
"Well I have two names. One of them is you can call me at school which is Skyra Fann and my other name I have when my fucking ass step-dad is around you HAVE to call me Emma Canes." I explained my two names.
"Why do you have two names?" Sterling had a very good question.
"Because my mom passed away and my real dad wanted to take me but my step-dad stabbed him 35 times in front of me." I started to cry I stopped talking about it. "I really have to go. It makes me upset, very!" I ran out with somebody stopping me.
"Why are you crying? Let's fix that raccoon mess!" Skylar fixed all that 'raccoon' mess that she called.
"I talked about my dad dieing. How he died. In front of Sterling. Now I'm super upset. I look like a loser. I have to listen to my step-dad. I hate my fucking bad ass life." I saw a knife, not too sharp and started to cut my right wrist.
"Stop that!" Skylar took the knife away. She was right. I walked out of the school without leaving my cuts(which was only 2) with band-aids over them. That had been the 20Th time I did that.

I missed about 2 classes already. Math and Chemistry. Yes! Three more two go.
"Hey." Sterling came and kissed my cheek. That kinda felt good. "So what happened there?"
I told him and said, "I can't tell you anymore of my life. Or my step-dad would kill you. He hates me. I have to stay with him till I get killed. I am only one day away from that." I always knew, he said on this date, September, 3rd 2009 he would kill me. And that is the day of my birthday. Great.
"That sucks. You could stay with me!" Sterling helped.
"He knows where everybody lives. He even know what your great great great great great great gran or papa is."
"Shit. That's some shit."Sterling turned his smirking to me into a deep frown.
"Yep. It-" I saw the principle coming toward us.
"WHAT THE HELL? YOU KIDS PISS ME FUCKING OFF! ALL YOU FUCKING LIFE'S ARE FUCKING PERFECT!" I stood up fast.
"Oh really? WELL EVERY BODY'S AND YOUR LIFE MIGHT BE PERFECT! DO YOU HAVE A STEP-DAD WHO ABUSES YOU EVERY FUCKING DAY AND KILLED YOUR DAD WITH A KNIFE 35 TIMES AND YOU SAW IT? HAVE YOU? NO YOU FUCKING HADN'T! THAT IS WHAT A FUCKING UN PERFECT LIFE IS! I HAVE TO LIVE THAT EVERY FUCKING DAY!" I left crying. I went toward a tree laying down with my rainbow converse sneakers.
Sterling got up and talked to him. I guessed it was like this:
Sterling shouted, 'YOU DON'T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!' then that's all it.
Sterling ran to me but Josh sat next to me and kissed me. What the fucking hell was he doing? I thought. Josh laid down on top of my body and I kept kicking.
"I want you. I need you!" Josh said while kissing me.
"Get off me! I want Sterling! Not a guy who cheats on me!" I screamed and Sterling rushed up to me. He threw him off and Skylar came up and scared the shit out of me.
"What are you doing?" I asked. Skylar pulled me up.
"If your asking about Josh, he wanted you because he wanted to make his little girlfriend jealous. He didn't love you. He hates you now. Always and ever." I hugged her and put up the index finger up as in one minute. I slowly brought up Sterling's face and he stood up and I kissed him slowly and waved good-bye.

"OK, who wants to read the first sentence of Romeo and Juliet in the front page?" Miss Veto asked looking at me. I put my hand up. I loved Shakespeare. His books, everything.
"OK! Thanks. Can I read I couple of lines?" I asked excited.
"Of course Emma!" I hadn't read this book since I was 8!
"Please call me by Skyra, my real name." She nodded. "OK, here I go. Sampson: Gregory, on my word, we shall not carry coals. Gregory: No, for then we should be colliers. Sampson: I mean, as in-" I got interrupted.
"NICK! Stop it. You must listen to Em- I mean Skyra." the teacher shouted. "Continue Emm- I mean Skyra."
I continued, "Sampson: I mean, as in we be in choler, we'll draw. Gregory: Ay, while you live, draw a neck out of a collar. Sampson: I strike quickly, being moved. Gregory: But thou art-"
"Stop it right there Skyra. Everybody, please read the whole book Romeo and Juliet and do an project on it. Everybody start reading!" the teacher instructed. I walked up to her.
"My step-dad doesn't let me read. He hates school. Can I read after school for 5 minutes?" She nodded and I read. We read for about 10 minutes. I was 1/3rd into the book.

It was lunch, finally. I brought out my book, Romeo and Juliet. I read it on the grassy field. I heard a voice ahead of me. It blocked seeing what's next in my book, by a dark shadow.
"OK, Starling, can't you see I'm reading my favorite book? Oh dear my Starling, you shall help me with me with my dear oh dear project on this book." I spoke Shakespeare at the end.
"Uhhh... Skyra. I want to kinda have a date with you." I looked at him and nodded and kept reading.

"Hello... Skyra. How much have you done reading?" The teacher looked like I read about 1/3rd of the book.
"One minute! This is my favorite part! Where Romeo meets Juliet!!!" I kept reading and I was so into it.
"So you read this before?" I heard Miss Veto asked.
"Yes. When I was 8. But only 8. I had to read it at recess. I finshed when I was 9. I loved the book."I read while talked. I was on page 130. I guessed that was the middle.
"I am half way through the book. And can I have any other Shakespeare books? I love him!" She nodded and gave me 5 books.
"Yes! I'll keep on reading." I read till it was time for the teachers to go home. I was so close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry a bit late. I planned it to be out yesterday. Sorry again.