Always

Two

I was pushed in the back of the GMC SUV by Jess before she jumped in the front seat. “Hey, I’m Patrick. You must be Brianna.” He said extending his hand. I politely accepted his hand. “Yes but you can call me Bri for short.” I sat back as Jess shut her car side door. We headed to his apartment when I started to realize he looked vaguely familiar. “Patrick you look really familiar. Do you play hockey?” I asked. I know I sounded so stupid right now but I have been running on empty and couldn’t really think properly right now. “Ha-ha yea I do. Sharp is my last name. I play for the Blackhawks.”

“I just am going to mentally smack myself right now because I watch your games all the time. I never really paid attention to your faces though.” I said laughing. Jess smiled at me and I saw the way Sharp was looking at her. So lovingly; I can honestly say I am jealous of my best friend having a relationship I want. Not with Sharp but with a man who will love me and hold me for whom I am. Jess knows I haven’t had a serious boyfriend since high school.
---

It has been such a long time. I am twenty four and have only made love once and to me it meant the world but to him it was nothing. I gave my heart and soul to him. He is named Ryan and he told me he loved me just to get a squeeze. After he did he left me that week saying he needed space. I saw him the next day at my high school making out with a girl from my English class. I was torn and I swore I would never say I love you to anyone ever again.

We arrived at Patrick’s condo within the next five minuets. The place was huge and beautiful and that was just the outside. We headed up the elevator and onto his floor. “Bri all the other teammates and a few other close friends will be here. Don’t be shy and mingle a bit.” Jess said. I guess you could see he nervousness on my face. I looked towards Sharp and he gave me a genuine smile before he opened up his door.

Being nervous as an understatement for me; I was never good in situations where I only know two people. I was hoping to just have some drinks and try to be more open and outgoing than usually. As we entered the condo all I heard was music and drunken slurs from some people. I was behind jess and Patrick when another guy came up to greet them. “SHARPIE and JESSIE, I miss you two. Ooh you brought another. Hi I am Kris and I am really drunk so no worries.” He says drunkenly hugging me. The only thing I could do was laugh. “Nice to meet you Kris I’m Brianna.” I said patting him. “SHOTS!” was yelled from across the room. Kris let go of his grasp from me and stumbled a bit. “SHOTS! Come on Bri!!!” he grabs my hand and pulls me toward the bar side of the kitchen. Those shots were the first two of the whole night.
---

After Kris’s craziness, I decided to grab a Bud light lime and head to the patio/deck. Outside there was a slight breeze but nothing I wasn’t use to. Standing there looking at the skyline and stars was incredible. “It’s beautiful isn’t it?” I heard from behind me. I jumped slightly from the unexpected person there. “Sorry you scared me a second,” I smiled “yeah it is. It’s the main reason why I moved to the city. I’m Brianna.” I extended my hand for a shake and he accepted.

“Adam Burish, nice to meet you Brianna.” He said. I was surprised at how long we stayed out there just talking about different things like music and movies. The general stuff you talk about to get to know someone.

“Ha-ha then I grabbed the peanut butter and stuffed in my brothers’ army boots when he was leaving to go to his girlfriends’ house at the time. I was so mad at him interrogating the guy I brought over. I think he understood not to mess with me like that again.”

Adam laughed and held on to his stomach. “Man at least you know your brother is protecting you right?” I shook my head in agreement. I smiled at Adam enjoying my time with him. As I looked at my phone it was now two thirty in the morning. “Oh shit! I have to go I’m sorry. It was really nice meeting you.” I said to Adam as I stood up.

“Yeah I had a nice time talking to you. We should do this again.” He said smiling. I nodded, we both walked inside as I was saying my goodbyes. Jess was drunk and I knew she was fast asleep so I just said goodbye to Sharp, Kris, and now Adam. I was heading towards the door while Adam was going in the same direction. “Hey, do you mind if I walk you to your car.” I looked at him and realized I did not drive myself. “Oh I’m walking. I’m not far anyway so-“

“No you’re not walking. I’ll drive you.” He interjected.

“I’ll be fine it’s alright.” I debated. He shook his head as we walked to the parking garage. “Get in my car I’m driving you. I’d feel better knowing you didn’t have the chance to get mugged.” I laughed, “What a great way to convince me Adam.” He smiled and hopped in after shutting my door.
---

The drive to my apartment was quick and quiet, a comfortable silence. As he pulled up to the building I showed him I reached for my door handle, “wait,” he said and I turned to him. “I just wanted to say again I had a really nice time talking to you and we should do this again.” I smiled and blushed at the same time. “Sure we can. Here’s my number and call me anytime.” I wrote my number on a receipt I had in my purse. I was debating whether or not to hug him or give him a kiss on the cheek for being so gentlemanly. I decided a hug would suffice because we did just meet. He walked me to my door and I hugged him goodbye. “I’ll talk to you soon.” I said. Adam smiled, “ill see you soon too.” as I unlocked my door he was down the steps waiting for me to get in. I waved him off and Adam smiled and headed to his car.

As I got into my apartment I shut the door quietly, then out of excitement I started to jump up and down. “Boss this was the best night ever!” The smile never left my face. Is it weird I fell asleep smiling?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! This chapter I really like hope you guys will too! <3

Thanks for commenting:
Warrior28
RosiePosie08
westcoastwinter
lyndz575