Always

Four

I haven’t really spoken to Adam this past week and I had started to think this was maybe too good to be true. I mean for me it always is. I always just date never have a good healthy relationship now. I am sick of waiting around for the right guy even though every one tells me to let him find me. It frustrates me when guys I find so attractive and we get along great but end up not hearing from them. “Brianna, can you get Alex Good is noon chemo meds?” asked Dr. Hernandez. “Yes I can do that.” I responded. I updated my last patients chart and headed to Alex’s room.

“Hello Alex, how are you feeling?” I asked as I entered the room. I smiled at him trying to make him feel comfortable.

“I’m okay but my tummy hurts and I want the hawk’s game to start already…” he said disappointed.

“Well, you need something in your tummy because it is your chemo time.” I said smiling. He was my favorite patient, not because he listened so well but because he was always so optimistic even though he knew he had Acute Leukemia along with a stomach problem. Alex’s body doesn’t digest his food right so he has been stuck on liquids and soft foods. I got Alex his lunch and meds to him. “Brianna?” I heard his mother ask quietly. “How is he doing really?” I sighed.

“Well,” I said as I looked at this happy boy. “His white cell count was 4 yesterday which was better than the day before. But today it seems like it had gone down again. I’m sorry but from what the numbers show on his tests it isn’t good. I’ll tell you one thing though, I am only a nurse but I do believe in miracles and have faith. I see a lot of strength and fight in Alex and I know he isn’t going to give up anytime soon.” His mother gave me a sad but sweet smile and mouthed thank you as she sat down with her son.

Getting home from a stressful day at work for me was the worst. I love my job but seeing sick kids who
don’t deserve it just makes it ten times worse than it looks. I showered trying to relieve the stress from my body. As I wrapped a towel around me there was a knock at my door. “COMING” I yelled. I jogged to the door and opened it.

“Hey…” Jess slyly. Then I noticed Adam and Patrick with her. The feeling of redness instantly hit me, I did not expect Adam or Patrick at all with Jess. This towel made me feel more embarrassed.

“Come on in and let me go change.” I said and went back to my room. I heard my door shut behind me and knew it was Jess. “Jess why are they both here?” I asked her putting on my bra and panties.

“You and I are going to their game tonight because I know you have nothing to do and it sounds like you talked to Alex and his mom today am I correct?” she explained.

“I feel so bad for him, he shouldn’t have to go through cancer he is only seven years old!” I almost yelled.

“Well dress cute, Oh and Burish likes you.” She said walking out of my room. How can he like me after one night and a week of not even talking? I asked myself as I changed into something cute.

Adam’s POV

“Damn, I wanted to rip that towel off her.” I said bluntly honest. I noticed Pat roll his eye
Jess was walking out of her room. “She is changing then we can go. Oh and Adam I swear to God if you Fuck and Dump I will castrate you myself.” Jess explained.

“I don’t plan on it.” I said. I know I have the image of the ladies man but I can want a healthy relationship too. I mean maybe not with Brianna but what is it going to hurt if I just fuck her and leave. Not much because she isn’t really the type that seems to get attached quickly. I’ll play it like I want a relationship and I doubt anyone will notice what I am really going to do. When I want something, I get it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay had this already written...