Status: I'm really excited for this story and my friend Alyssa is so awesome!!!!!!!!! XD

Lift Off Into My Heart

Preface

I have never understood mortals, but I had always wondered what it was like to be a mortal. Feel what they feel, understand what they understand, comprehend what they comprehend, and love the way that they love. I spent my life trying to understand the whims of humans, so when my mother, Aphrodite, gave me my orders, which were to pretend to be human for a while I gladly suggested Though I really wasn't happy about pretending to be someone, something, that I wasn't I wanted to understand humans badly. I was Antheia the goddess of human love, Vegetation, and nature. It should be an obvious factor that I am Aphrodite’s daughter due to the same power in common love. We both had an olive skin complexion with black hair and startling winter green eyes. Of course when we appeared in the mortal world we could not come in our true godly form. If we did, any mortal would be disintegrated. That's why we can’t have people snooping around, and it's of the utmost importance that I stayed in disguise no matter what.
It’s bad enough that people in the mortal world don’t believe in us gods and goddesses, but if they didn’t, our little ones would wind up losing their minds and lives too. They need to believe in simple things like the tooth fairy, but they are above believing in us and everything we are, of course the tooth fairy didn’t come about for an extremely long time.
Everything changed for me when I had to do something I’d thought I’d never do, something that I shouldn't have done. I had to enroll in the U.S. air force in order to get an idea of how humans lived and they way that their lives worked. It seemed like a waste of my time in the mortal world. Still, I thought it would be simple, until I met the future love of my life, Themis.