Status: I'm really excited for this story and my friend Alyssa is so awesome!!!!!!!!! XD

Lift Off Into My Heart

I'm In the Air Force? How Did This Happen?

“So what made you decide to join the Air Force?” Themis asked picking up his bags. “Oh um, just a sudden interest for serving my country.” Themis gives me a slight smile. “Well it looks like we have something in common.” I smile. “It appears we do. That’s quite a coincidence.” Themis knits his eyebrows together. “You talk as if you were born in the 17 or 1800’s. Why is that?” I stop where I was and really think about his question. Was my correct grammar really giving me away that I was different? “Oh, well I was raised that way and only attended private schools. They taught us to speak correctly. I apologize if it bothers you.” I continue to walk to the base. “Oh no, it doesn’t it bother me…..actually its quite attractive.” Themis throws me a flirtatious smile. “Oh, well alright then.” I feel myself blush. “Oooo, someone’s blushing.” “Shut up.” Themis starts to chuckle. I couldn’t help but smile. How childish this all seemed. Flirting in this manner. It's no manner for a goddess. But I must say that I am embracing this different way of living and conversation.

We finally arrive at base. “Names.” This large man with broad shoulders and an overly built body was standing at the entrance. I take a step to the side to see all the men and women talking amongst themselves. “Themis Ricardo Morretti.” “Go ahead.” Themis looks at me, winks then walks inside. “Your name Miss?” “Antheia Alexis DeLuise.” “Go ahead ma’am. Ya know, not that many beautiful women join the Air Force. So you better watch out for the young men here checking you out and keep your guard up.” I start to laugh. “Thank you Sir I’ll keep that in mind.”

I quickly walk into the giant tent with all the other people. I spot a radiance coming from the corner of the room and knew immediately knew it was mother. I walk through the crowd and tap her shoulder. Her eyes widen. “Oh my dear Theia!!! Are you alright?” I embrace her hug. “Yes mother I am fine. But may if I may ask, what are you doing here?” She looked a little embarrassed. But it just looked like a normal smile on her flawless face. “I just wanted to check if my baby girl was alright. You are my world Theia. I needed to know for myself that you were alright and in good condition.” “Antheia! We gotta go! C’mon!!” I smile apologetically at my mother. “Oh and who is that handsome young man?” I sigh. “Mother, please do not embarrass me. His name is Themis if you must know.” She lifts her eye brows. “Themis? The god of justice and order?” “Yes mother but he is not a god. He just has a name of one. I wonder how they came up with that name. Especially when you have to be very creative to think of a name like that.” “Indeed. Well you need to go. Contact me through Iris message. I love you my dear Theia. Have fun.” “I will try mother. I love you too. I’ll contact you before I go to bed.” We hug then I head over to Themis. “Are you ready?” “I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.” He smiles. I hoped that everything will go as planned but there was no guarantee with the way he kept changing his attitude. That worried me.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK so this chapter seems kind of short but it was longer on Microsoft Word so yeah. Hope you enjoy it!!!!