Status: Slow

The Only Exception

Job at Diner

I bumped my fist with Will and patted a very angry Nate’s back. I laughed at Luke who actually looked lost and confused at why Nate just shoved him by the shoulder. “You let this five foot four girl score?” Nate asked Luke frustrated by their loss. It was 34 to 56 Will and I leading the game like the pro we are. Luke shook his head not knowing what he done or what he should do. “I thought you were supposed to be good.” Nate said muttering to himself bouncing the ball in his hand.

“I did not say that.” Luke said trying to calm his brother down. “I knew I should take the five foot four girl.” Nate said still muttering making Will and I grinned at each other at another success of beating Nate. It’s rare occasion that we can actually beat the twins. Nate and Josh is an indestructible pair when it comes to basketball, but separated they are pretty crappy, well Nate is but Josh stays amazing because of the lack of interest Nate has for sports. He only plays it to exercise and because it’s cool; and the fact that he’s competitive. “Crap.” I muttered to myself feeling a water drop on my skin from the sky. I looked up and so did everyone else. It was going to rain and it was going to be bad.

The second Will cursed the rain fall on us relentlessly. Will grabbed his duffel bag and I grabbed my water bottle and ran towards a Diner nearby. I didn’t know why we went there but I thought it was a good idea since I was pretty hungry. When we were all under shelter, Will shook his hair like a dog spraying some water on my face. I pushed him and went to sit down with Nate and Luke. “I’m hungry.” Will said taking a seat next to me and taking the menu the girl gave us. “When have you not been hungry?” I asked him taking my phone from Will’s duffel bag. I checked my phone and saw a voice mail from dad. I sighed loudly at the thought of getting into trouble with dad even when I didn’t do anything.

“Elizabeth dear, can you call me back as soon as you can. I want to discuss with you about something real quick. If you can take all your siblings with you, I know that is hard but I need to talk to all of you about something without your mother knowing. So would you please message or call me back? I’ll be glad if you call rather than message you know how bad and slow I am with those horrible and stupid texting and no don’t whine young lady because I pay those bills mind you. So call back please. It’s kind of urgent.” He said and I looked at the guys mentally laughing. Leave it to dad to leave me a super long voice mail.

“Dad wants to talk to us without mum.” I told them grabbing the menu and ordering a cup of coco and some fries.

“What? Without mum? What he’s telling us he is having an affair or something?” Will said his chin on top of his palm. I bumped his shoulder with mine and glared it him. Nate laughed at Will and shows the three of us a picture Josh sent him. “Who is that?” Will ask suddenly interested in the sudden changed of topic. I smacked my head at my brothers’ shallowness and looked at Luke who was once again deep in thoughts.

“That’s Josh date.” Nate said replying the message his twins left him probably something perverted.

“She is kind of beautiful.” I said grabbing the coco the waitress sent us. “She’s banging hot. Where did Josh found her?” Will said taking a sip of his orange juice. “Can’t you guys talk about a girl with a little bit more respect?” I asked him still looking at Will who was looking at me and looked back at Nate as if I just said the weirdest thing on the planet. “What’s wrong with the suddenly protectiveness over girls?” Nate asked me amused. “If any of you have actually process this or have actually get it through those thick skulls of yours, I’m actually a girl myself.” I told them eating my fries. The three of them actually laughed at that and I sighed.

“She’s banging hot sis. I’m just saying.” Will said making me smiled. “Alright fine, I just thought of being a normal girl sometime but clearly you guys won’t let me do that.” I told him rolling my eyes. “Just keep on being Ellie alright?” Nate asked me and I sighed. “I was just saying that as a spur of moment thought.” I told him and he nodded his head. “So if I asked you to rate this girl, what do you say?” Nate asked me showing the picture again. “A seven.”I told them and put out a hand and looked at her closer. “No, seven and a half.” I told them and Will put his fist out and I shook my head. “I’m not bumping my fist with you.” I told him but he wouldn't budge and kept on his stupid grin. “Fine.” I said bumping my fist against his and the two of them stupidly cheered. “The girl is back into the game.” Nate said looking at Luke who was stirring his drink.

“What’s up with you?” Nate asked him sounding like a worried brother. He shook his head smiling and looking back at his drinks. Nate sent me and Will a weird look and I just shrug telling them to let it go. Nate’s phone then went off; he looked at the caller ID and cursed. “Owh shit, we are so in deep shit. What did any of you do today?” He asked us and I just shrugged. “Nothing.” Will and I said in unison.

He answered the phone with a loud and happy voice hoping that that will ease dad up. “Dad, what’s up?” He asked dad smiling from ear to ear. I continued eating my fries with Will who took one of the fries and threw it at Luke and when Luke looked at him he just made a face towards him.

“What? Now?” He asked dad and sighed. He then grinned and said “If you want us there, you’ll have to give us some money. Give us back our allowances. If not we are telling mom.” Nate said threateningly but unfortunately for him dad doesn’t do threat. He then frowned and nodded his head. “Fine.” He said and hanging up. “What kind of a father tell their son to go find a job.” Nate muttered locking his phone and putting it on the table.

“What does he want?” Will asked him still throwing fries towards Luke who was now looking annoyed. “He wants us to go to the hospital, something about urgent.” Nate said sipping his drink looking at Will and I. “I need to get a job; I need new socks and new vans and new books.” I told them and they all sighed even Luke.

“Hey Luke. Not being rude or anything but what the hell is wrong with you?” Will asked him and Luke just sighed. “Nothing.” He said and Will was going to scream some more but then I stopped him. “What’s wrong with you? Broke up with some hot chick? Because if that is the problem I can get you some hotter chicks dude.” Nate said and Luke just looked at his hands on his lap. I threw a fries towards Nate and he looked at me weirdly.

“If you douche bags don’t mind, he can do whatever he wants and I’m asking for a job here.” I told them pushing Will to move. I got up from the seat and went to the counter. The woman with curly hair and an apron wrapped around her waist looked at me and smile. “Excuse me, but is there any jobs available here?” I asked the woman and the woman smiled.

“Yeah actually, we can use a part time waitress.” She said looking at something from her apron. “Uhm, so how can I apply?” I asked her and she looked at me. “You alright with cleaning tables, taking orders and washing the plates once in a while?” She asked me and I nodded my head smiling. “Just as long as I get some money to buy new socks.” I told her and she laughed and nodded her head.

“Have you worked before?” She asked me and I shook my head. “But I’m a fast learner.” I told her and she nodded her head. “What time can you come in?” She asked me and I thought for a second and looked at her. “After school and maybe until 7 or 8?” I told her and she nodded again. “Just what we need.” She said and I smiled. “Alright then, what do you say next week you start?” She asked me and I nodded my head. “Great.” I said and she nodded her head.

“I’m Elizabeth by the way.” I told her holding my hand out and she took it and smiled. “Peyton.” She said grinning at me. “So do I have some sort of uniform or something?” I asked her and she shook her head and laughed. “No, just wear black t-shirt.” She said and I nodded my head. “Are you with you boyfriend?” She asked me and I laughed. “No they’re my brothers. We just move here.” I told her and she nodded her head. “See you next week then.” She told me and I smiled. "Yeah, next week."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kind of fillerish..
but I personally love fillers...
and I need to tell you guys this..
anyway I don't know if kids at 16 can work there because I think you guys can since we can't here.... or can we? I think we can actually...
and I don't know if that's how you get a job because fortunately I never asked for a job except for with my mom, but working with her is like not working and all.
I went to the office and fool around and when she say do this and I'll tell her yeah in a second... XD
So I don't really know about job interviews.. =D
So ENJOY MY DEAR LITTLE ALIEN READERS!! >.<