Status: Slow

The Only Exception

First Kiss

I let out a loud sigh after entering the diner. The ride here from school with Will was horrible, full stop. I would not like to elaborate on how horrible it was. Peyton looked at me and quickly smiled. “There’s the new part time waitress.” Peyton announced and everyone looked at me. There was a boy looking straight at me and he looked like he was about my age he waved and I waved back awkwardly.

“So what should I do?” I asked her taking off my bag and my vest putting it inside my bag with my cloth earlier from school. I changed in the car so you should know how horrible Will was with the idea of me changing in a moving car. He pushed breaks when he shouldn’t just to make sure I fell. I smacked his forehead from behind and thank god I sat behind him. It was so much easier for payback.

“Here take this and Jude will tell you what to do.” Peyton handed me an apron and I quickly put it on. I looked at Jude who was smiling and signaling for me to come to him. Peyton took my bag and put it behind the counter. I thanked her and walked toward Jude. “I’m Judyne Carl.” He said putting his hand out. “Judyne?” I asked him and he laughed. “I know it’s not a safe name to go through junior high but that’s my name.” He said smiling and I nodded my head smiling.

“Elizabeth Greene.” I told him taking his hand. “First time working?” He asked me and I nodded my head. He smiled and nodded his head. “It’s not that hard, but hey I went through school with Judyne as a name. Nothing is hard after that.” He said and I laughed. It was a good thing there was not a lot of customers, if not I don’t think we’ll be able to sit down and be lazy.

“Come on then, let’s get to work.” He said getting up from the stool. I got up too and followed him. He showed me around first and it was not that hard. It’s just taking orders, giving out menu and cleaning up the table. Jude and Peyton were nice to me, nothing like I imagined them to be. I was cleaning a table when the door opened and closed; from the noise they were making they was a crowd. Jude tapped my shoulder and I looked up. “Yeah?” I asked him.

“Go take the order by yourself, I think you’re ready.” He said with a smile. I nodded my head and looked at the new comers. I screened through them and I was suddenly overwhelmed by shocked. Douche bag was there. Paul was there. I quickly took the dirty plate to the kitchen and sighed loudly. Jude looked at me weirdly when he saw my face. “You can handle it right?” He said and I just smiled. “Yeah, no probs.” I told him.

I walked towards the table bravely with my hair tied in a ponytail. I gave them all the menu and they all looked at me at once except for Paul who was too focused on the menu. “You guys can call me whenever you’re ready to order.” I said in an attempt to run away from there. I don’t know why but they make me feel uncomfortable, like a weird uncomfortable. They just kept on staring at me and then looked at Paul who then raised his head.

“No, we’ll order now.” He said with his husky voice. When he saw me he looked surprised, happy and shocked. Whatever he felt I didn’t know, but I knew he was thinking about something weird. I cleared my throat and took my notepad and a pen from the apron front pocket. “Well what do you want?” I asked him not looking up from the pad. Blood was rushing to my cheek I knew it, but I didn’t know why I was so embarrassed with seeing Paul. Is it because he knows of my past?

“Breathe in and out.” Someone whispered to my ear. I turned around and saw Jude walking away from me his lips was so near to me just now, that it sends chill down my spines and it was a bit ticklish. I just smiled at him and suddenly, there was an odd feeling of confidence in me. I looked at Paul and I saw him gripping his menu tightly and the other guys just looked at him. He was looking at something behind me and my curiosity takes the best of me. I looked and saw Jude cleaning up a table. Does he hate Jude?

“I’ll have a chocolate shake and a burger.” One of them said and I nodded my head smiling at him. Writing down the order with my shaky hands, the longer I write the uglier my hand writing gets. I then lost interest in trying to write in full and wrote coco shake instead. “Is that it?” I asked them looking at each and one of them but they were looking at Paul. He was looking at the edge of the table interestedly when the other guys started to order.

*

“Fuck, just shut up will you?” Paul told the others and they all just looked at each other deciphering the complicated shape shifter, Paul.

“I’m just saying if you imprinted on her then she can’t not have feelings for you.” Jared said eating his fries hungrily. The others nodded with enthusiasm agreeing with Jared the experience imprinter. “I mean, she’s hot so there’s nothing wrong with imprinting on her.” Seth said sipping her coke. Paul sent him a glare and he just smiled apologetically. “When did I say I imprinted on her you retard.” Paul said getting annoyed with the rest of the group who just made faces. “God please, Paul you’ve been thinking about her everytime you phase. That’s what imprinting supposed to be like.” Embry said stealing Seth’s fries who slapped his hand away.

“I want to fuck her. So? She’s no different than any girl I’ve met.” Paul told the rest of the guys who laughed. “Paul stops denying. It’s cool to actually get a hot girl.” Quill said his mouth full with fries and instantly shut up when Paul glared his way. “I don’t know why you guys are making such a big deal out of this.” Paul said rolling his eyes. “Dude you imprinted. Get over it.” Jared said patting his friend’s back. “I did not imprint you bunch of gay people.” Paul said pushing Jared’s hand away. “I bet you 50 bucks you’ll be waiting for her hand and foot by the end of next week.” Embry said daring Paul to say anything. Paul looked at Embry and smirked.
“Alright.” He said putting his hand out for a handshake.

“No no no. You’ll regret this then you’ll go around insulting and being mad at me for not stopping you.” Jared said pushing Paul’s hand away who just laughed at Jared’s reaction. “Dude I’m not you. I’m not going to be whipped.” Paul said ruffling Jared’s hair. Jared just glared at Paul and sighed. “Fine but don’t say I didn’t warn you. You know I’ve told you thousands of times; I really do want you to imprint Paul. Then maybe you’ll see how it really feels to have an imprint and not bother us so much about being in love and now you’re gonna learn the real power of imprinting. Dude you’re gonna lose.” Jared said in a lecture. The rest of the guys who haven’t imprinted rolled their eyes at another lecture from Jared about imprinting.

“Here, let’s make it more interesting. You said you just wanted to fuck her right?” Quill asked Paul and everyone looked at Quill interestedly. “What’s it to ya?” Paul asked eyebrows rise. “I bet if you bag her you’re not going to be able to resist her even more.” Quill said and Embry grinned. “God Quill you are a genius.” Embry said and everyone looked at Embry wide eyes.

“Quill’s not a genius. He’s a dumb ass.” Jacob said silently eating his burger not interested with the discussion. His thoughts preoccupied with the Cullen’s and Bella. “Do you guys need anything else?” Elizabeth asked the guys who looked at if they had been caught red handed. She put the strawberry shake on the full table and smiled at the guys. “Uhm, we’re good.” Quill said smiling and she nodded her head leaving them alone.

They all looked at her interestedly as she cleaned another table. “You have to bag her first then you’ll have to leave her.” Embry said his voice low barely a whisper. All of them looked at Paul and Jared shook his head. “That’s stupid.” Jared said and Paul had something in his eye. He had to cover it up but he didn’t want to do that. He didn’t want to have sex with her and leave her. She’s too good for that, Paul thought.

“Fifth rule of bets, no one else is harm except for the one who received the dare.” Seth said reciting the rule by heart. Jacob just laughed at that and they all looked at him. “You memorize the rules but this is from someone who never was brave enough to take on a challenge.” Jacob said and the rest of the group laughed at Seth.

“Give me a challenge and I’ll do it now.” Seth said embarrassed by what Jacob said. “Alright.” Jared said hastily looking around. “Got it.” He said sitting straight looking at Seth. “Kiss Elizabeth.” Jared said and everyone looked at him shocked. “Hey, he said he didn’t imprint on her.” Jared said when everyone was surprised that Jared would use an imprint as a bet.

“Alright, fine.” Seth said suddenly his heart filled with bravery. He got up and walked towards Elizabeth and each step he took closer towards Elizabeth his heart thumped loudly. He was scared that the pack would hear his heart beat. “Hey.” Seth said tapping Elizabeth’s shoulder who was wiping a table with a cloth.

“Yeah?” Elizabeth said turning around. She was shocked to find a huge guy behind her.
“What’s wrong?” Elizabeth asked and suddenly Seth chickened out. He was scared and quickly shook his head. “Nothing.” He said and he looked at the guys they all laughed at him. That gave him a confident boost. He was not going to be laughed at anymore, he thought.

He turned around and Elizabeth was looking at him weirdly when he pulled her head and kissed her full on the lips. Elizabeth was shocked but she didn’t push him away at first but then suddenly she started to kiss him back. Believe it or not this was not the first time something like this happened to her, but she never minded. She was just indifferent about this kind of things. She was a player anyway. Seth on the other hand was enjoying every bit of it. Elizabeth was a good kisser and Seth just melted into the kiss getting lost somewhere.

Paul was pissed off beyond anyone’s imagination, but he tried really hard to keep it down. He didn’t even look. He didn’t want to look. He was scared he might lose control. He was jealous and he was pissed off because he was jealous. What a twisted feeling he thought. Elizabeth pulled away for air when Seth looked at her and reality dawned into him. He looked scared and tried to explain and when he did. He knew he did something wrong because no girl wants to know she’s in some sort of a bet.

“Oh it’s cool. No worries.” She said patting his shoulder.

“I’m so sorry I shouldn’t have done it. It was inappropriate and something I really don’t do usually. It’s just that well.” He said going on a rant and the rest of the guys sighed and slapped their forehead. Seth was really helpless. He doesn’t have to explain himself. He should just walk away it was a bet. No one was supposed to know except for them. Jacob on the other hand, had his eyes set on Paul. The man who claimed he didn’t imprint. Jacob knows better. He did and he knows Paul was suffering and was about to lose his temper seeing what just happened but he kept quiet.

“The guys would laugh and mock you if you don’t. It’s fine really. My brothers do that to me all the time.” She said smiling at Seth comfortingly.

“It’s fine really?” Seth asked shocked in his voice. She nodded his head and smile.

“It’s not like I’m saving my first kiss.” Elizabeth said and Seth looked as if he would have just killed himself.

“It was your first kiss too?” He said and now it was Elizabeth time to be shocked and gasped could be heard from the pack table. “It’s yours?” She asked him not believing it and he just cleared his throat. “No actually I just wanted to make you feel better. Sorry.” He said trying to cover his lie and the oblivious girl Elizabeth is. She believed him and laughed. “I’m just kidding, uhm” She said asking for his name in a way. “Seth. I’m Seth Clearwater.”He said. "I'm Elizabeth Greene." She replied. They both shook hands and parted their way. Elizabeth just laughed in her head at a funny first day at work while Seth thought it was the most incredible first kiss he could ever dream for.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOOPSS...
I know you think they kissed right.. Sorry wrong prince charming.. XD
*wootwoot*
I know the guys sounds like jerk with the bet.. but in a way not that bit of a jerk... >.< Owh well..
ENJOY MY DEAR FUZZY FANS.. x)
comment.subscribe,