Status: New story idea. Updates may be slow.

Institute for Criminal Youths.

Three.

So now I knew the new kids name. Victoria West, daughter of one of the richest men in freakin' Britain!

Even as I sat across from her now, watching as she glanced uncomfortably at the floor every three seconds, I still didn't believe she was actually going to be kept here. I felt like I was being Punk'd or something.

I was dying for a cigarette and I motioned for Victoria to follow me. She gave me a baffled look but quickly wiped her expression blank as if she was afraid of showing me what she was really thinking.

"C'mon, Vicky. There's the quad outside...we're allowed to stand out there during lunch break and stuff."

When she heard me call her Vicky, I could practically see the steam shoot out of her ears as she glared at me. Despite the fact she was clearly scared of me and every other person in this room, she had spunk. I liked that.

After giving me another minute of the death stare, she slowly arose from her seat and shot a panicky look around the cafeteria. The guards were milling about near each other, chatting away casually as I led her out into the quad. A few of the kids sat around us started muttering under their breaths but other then that, no one bothered us. They knew not to.

As soon as I was outside, I pulled a cigarette from behind my ear and lit it up. Victoria eyed me with a mixture of curiosity and disgust. Silently, I offered her my cigarette.

"What?" she asked, alarmed.

"Vicky, it's not poisonous...oh, actually. Scrap that...what I meant was that it's not going to bite your face off or anything." I chuckled, taking a drag and blowing the smoke out so that it swirled around her face. She swatted her hand hopelessly through the air at it and coughed as I let my grin widen.

"Seriously, Vicky. Live a little." I said, urging her to take it from my hand.

"Will you stop calling my that if I take a stupid drag?" she spat at me, grabbing the cigarette as I nodded.

After an apprehensive look at me, she raised it to her lips and took a deep breath in. I snickered when she started to choke on the smoke and she doubled over wheezing.

"Well, I didn't say it was gonna be a pleasant experience, did I sweetheart?" I laughed, seizing the cigarette from her shaking hand and moving it to my own lips again.

"W-what do you want...from me?" she gasped, still recovering from the unexpected smoke attack as she clutched her knees.

"Nothing. Just to help, as I said before."

She finally stopped choking and straightened up to look at me directly in the eye. As soon as I caught sight of her sparkling blue eyes, I found out just how scared and vulnerable she felt. She tried to cover it up though and masked her pain by putting on a brave face.

"Like you can help me. You're a criminal."

"Love, in case you haven't noticed, we all are. Embrace it, enjoy it! This is what it's like to live the enticing and exciting life of a convict!" I shouted, raising my hands above my head as I finished off my cigarette. I spat it to the ground and gave her a wicked smile.

She looked petrified. She might as well get used to it...she was going to get some shocking surprises if she expects us all to bow down before her.

"You're insane!" she cried, backing away from me as I cackled. I could feel tears spring to my eyes, my laughter loud and bellowing. A guard poked his head out of the door to the cafeteria, checking whether I'd murdered her or not. When he saw she was okay, he slid back inside, a look of boredom on his face.

"Vicky, we all are." I said, sobering up. "Even you."

"I'm not...I'm not insane!" she shrieked at me. "And stop calling me Vicky!"

"You gotta lighten up a bit, Vicky. You're not gonna survive around here if you don't."

"I will survive. And my name's Victoria!"

"Vicky."

"Victoria!"

"Victoria." I said softly, realising that she was starting to sob hysterically. Her shoulders were shaking uncontrollably as her hands dragged over her face. I watched as her knees buckled and she fell to the floor, wailing.

"I-I d-don't belong...here!"

Carefully, I stepped closer and slowly knelt down in front of her. She looked at me desperately through her fingers, her eyes bloodshot and tear filled. The sobbing had stopped and now all I could hear was long, horrible gasps.

"Victoria, I will help you. I'll make sure that you'll be okay." I assured her, raising a hand to comfort her. I gave her a 'May I?' look and continued to reach towards her shoulder so that I could gently place my hand there.

She jumped a little, as though she had been electrocuted, when my hand brushed against her arm but other then that, she didn't stop me consoling her.

"I-I don't know what to do." she confessed to me, removing her hands from her face. There were nail marks on her cheeks and I stopped myself from running my fingers over them, knowing it would freak her out. The more distance, the better.

"I'll make sure you will know." I told her sternly, grabbing her arms and hoisting her up with me.

The bell rang to signal the end of lunch and I turned up my mouth a little, hoping to lighten the mood by smiling.

"I'll see if I can show you to your room."

She gave me a quick nod and let me tug her after me as we made our way back inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Criminals by Madina Lake inspired this. Perfect, in fact, for this entire story.
C'mon guys, anyone wanna subscribe? Anyone?