Blink

Stampede

I am sitting in the front seat half asleep when my mom stops suddenly. I look up half way shocked and look at her to see if she is okay. When I see what she was trying to avoid getting toppled over by. We have a big truck and all but those deer were running so frantic and together that they could have tipped us over. When the last of them had jumped the street momma started to drive again. I saw soething and felt it at the same time. Fear, no, safety. Nope. Most definately fear.

"Stop!" I scream. Momma's head bobbed down towards the steering wheel and I pushed off from the dashboard fast enough to loose my mind. In a flash I saw a giant dog. Brown and grey. Blood on it's muzzle. As big as if not bigger than my truck. Muscled and everything. It was unbelievable. When I hit the back of the seat and blinked I opened my eyes to get a second reasurance as I saw it's tail dip into the darkness after thankfully it's dinner. Hopefully, that is all it wants and is able to eat.

No. That is not real. There is no such thing. Keep quiet and it goes away. Does not exist. Did not happen. You have no proof. You must hve not dodged the dashboard and must have hit it pretty darn hard. Yep. Yeah, tha is what just happened. I finally stopped my traumatic babble to see that my mom was yelling at me half panicked and half pissed.

"Don't you ever! Ever! Do that again! Hell. Shit, tryin to give me a fucking heart attack. Or a damn seizure and shit. " the rest just blurred into a profane mumbled lecture that just told me that I had scared her. How ungrateful. I just saved her sanity. Cause mine is slowly slipping away. I will go to sleep and bunch this under a bizarre dream and this will never happen again. I was half asleep anyway during this drive. Yeah. I probably still am. I dragged my iPod out and scrolled down to Let the bodies hit the floor. That would calm me back to sleep believe it or not and I will be a clone of society and believe to not believe that Werewolves exist in the same day and age as me. As humans. As in the history of Mama Dirt....a.k.a. Mother Earth. Maybe she did this to me because I call her that. I tell her every rainy day that I am just playing with her.

And I thought I had a mind to lose. I was already crazy. To the asylum I go.