Blink

Save Me

“Kurai. I apologize. But, you’re mine now.”

“Benji? What do you mean, yours?! Benji! Answer me!” I gasped and looked at the wolf in front of me. It was sniffing around. I kept still and just my luck fell over something and made a loud grunt and looked down to see I snapped some twigs. I looked up and the empty chamber I was in transformed from where the wolf was turning into woods. As the woods trailed towards me the wolf seemed more aware of me. I ran. My steps echoing in the silence. I was afraid. But, I was frustrated.

“This is a dream. But, I won’t take any chances.” I said as I looked back at the wolf that I didn’t recognize. I kept running away. The wolf’s howl brought the wind and the sound of the woods. I looked up as a canopy formed over my head. I wasn’t running fast enough. I pushed myself harder. Forcing each step to be a quick leap. I stopped quick when the wolf leaped over me and snarled in my face. I didn’t just sit there. I slapped it and ran back the other way. I figured it would jump in front of me again so when it did I ran around its right side and it’s huge paw swiped me mid air and as I turned a tree formed in front of me. Shit.

I hit the tree and fell. Dreams shouldn’t hurt. But, it feels like I just hit a tree. I cried instantly and got up to run again. The wolf looked confused, pissed off, and amused, if not proud. I do not like being messed with.

I turned and grabbed the wolf’s ears and climbed up its face. It shook trying to get me off. So I grabbed on tighter. It looked in a direction and then another tree was created. It makes trees on sight.

“So, you’re the reason why I hit a tree! Take this!” I yelled swinging and firmly planting my feet in the wolf’s eyes. It howled in pain this time and I jumped off and ran.

“Fall, human girl.” said a raspy voice. Like Benji’s but it sounded like it would kill me if it was closer. I turned to see the wolf with blood pouring from it’s eyes. It lowered it’s muzzle and the blood came towards me opening a rift in the ground.

“Damn it!” I screamed. I knew it would be dumb to run in the direction it was going so I went to the side. Only to be shocked as it followed me. That damn wolf’s eyes. I ran towards the wolf. If I fall it will fall too. I was almost there when I fell right in front of it. I saw the smile it had and reached and lifted up grabbing its fur and taking a chunk down with me. It grunted and turned away. As I fell the woods peeled away and it was the glassy prism chamber I woke up to. My tears clouded my vision and I was so scared.

“Benji. Save me. Please.” I muttered before hitting my bed with full force and opening my eyes to see Benji worried and concerned.

“Kurai? Save you from what?” he said wiping the tears from my eyes.

“I don’t know?” I whispered. I looked down and noticed that his hand was grasping mine. It was so warm.

“Kurai? You had a nightmare? What was it about?”

“What do you mean I am yours?!” he covered my mouth with our hands. “My bad.” I murmured against his hand.

“Umm. I haven’t said that.”

“In my dream the first thing I hear before I am attacked is…Kurai. I apologize. But, you’re mine now. And it was most definitely your voice I heard.”

“You were attacked? How and by what?”

“A wolf that could make trees and holes with it’s eyes.”

“That’s weird.” I got really agitated and grabbed the spritzer bottle and squirted him twice. “Bad doggie. Off the bed.” he laughed and with supernatural speed took it and squirted me back.

“Jerk!” I said muffling a squeal. He chuckled and bit my arm. The same arm that had hit a tree.

“You had grabbed it and it looks a little weird like it’s been hit.” He said biting right above my elbow before turning to get out of my bed. Which he will be yelled at for later.

“I was thrown into a tree.” When I said that he stiffened for the slightest second. I played it off as nothing and pulled the covers back on me. But, I was too afraid of sleeping again. So, I turned my tv on and put Happy Feet on. I wasn’t actually gonna go to sleep. Cause I always sing quietly throughout the movie. I have slept enough for now.

I looked up at Benji when he peeked out of the closet.

“You’re not planning on going to sleep are you?” he said slipping out and parking right next to my bed in the corner. He sat there. I barely know him. But, I trust him enough to yell for him to save me.

We stayed up watching the movie till it ended and the sun came back. I sighed confused as to if I should care to go to school with it being the last two days. Then summer fun. Well, man, what am I really supposed to do with a werewolf?