Status: In the works

Midsummer Memories

Chapter One.

In a fairly large starbucks in Las Vegas, twelve strangers sit. They're all familiar with each other, after all - they're always at Starbucks at the same time, every single day.

A brunette waitress leans against the counter, tapping her foot to the rap music blaring from her i-pod. She opens her wide brown eyes and stares at the window seat, where her worst enemy is seated.

Petunia Rodgers blinks her bright blue eyes at her latest victim. He stares at her, awestruck by her beauty and unaware of her bite. She sighs, he's just too easy. She looks directly over his shoulder and finds what she's looking for.

Nixon Redfield leans lazily against the window seat, his long scar visible from his left eye to where it disappears into the neck of his tight black t-shirt. His hands deep in the pockets of his skinny jeans, he concentrates on the girl sitting opposite to him. His pale blue eyes take in her beautiful face and her colourful hair.

Izabeth Marcus stares out of the window, her i-pod plugged into her ears. She can feel Nixon’s gaze on her, like the warm sun gliding through the window on a summer’s day. She smiles, knowing that he’s watching her, protecting her. She takes her headphones out of her ears to say something, but she’s struck by the guitar music directly behind her.

Caleb Warner strums quietly at his guitar in the corner. He flicks his jet-black hair out of his crystal blue eyes and begins to look around the restaurant. His gaze falls on his brunette co-worker, Kandi McDonald. His break is almost over. He gets up and begins to head back to the counter, passing a beachy blonde on his way past.

Leila Watson twirls a strand of her naturally blonde hair between her fingers. She's just spent the morning working at Pacsun, but she's looking forward to an afternoon surfing on the beach. She gets up and begins to walk towards the door, but she knocks into another darker blonde.

Jessica Stanley apologizes profusely before sitting down next to her boyfriend, Robert. He begins talking animatedly about some article or another, but Jessica has switched off. She's too busy staring at the young man with an English accent on the next table.

Tyler Harper hangs up his phone. He looks up and catches the eye of the dark haired blonde on the next table. He shifts his green eyes away, concentrating instead on the small blonde on the next table.

Dela Rights sits with her sketchbook on her lap. She begins drawing her surroundings, concentrating on the various strangers in the cafe. She blinks her grey eyes behind her glasses as her gaze falls on a brown haired male, focused on his I-phone.

Logan Mitchell stares at his I-phone screen. He can’t believe it. He’s just been offered a record deal. An actual record deal. He sits there, frozen in shock. Nobody sees him except for the black haired woman with bright purple extensions sitting on the opposite table.

Roo Winters sits cross legged on her chair. She bites her nails, thinking of the poem she has to write for English the next day. She gazes around for inspiration. She turns to the quietest corner of the cafe, and casts a glance at the curly haired boy, silently reading in the corner.

Finn Connors reading Wuthering Heights for the tenth time. He fingers the pages of his well-worn book. He removes his glasses, which are steamed up with the heat from his coffee, and cleans them on the material of his t-shirt. As he replaces his glasses he watches as a tall young man sits down in one of the window seats.

Nate Andrews pulls at his ears. He was supposed to be meeting Roo here at 1.45. He glances at his watch 1.50. He wasn't that late. He begins to look around the starbucks, searching for Roo... but instead his gaze finds a brunette waitress, now taking her break, and slipping through the doors towards the bright city landscape.