Status: Three authors so far. To post a chapter is up to us.

Pandora: A Fantasy To Be Told

Death Seeker : Chapter 5

"What is wrong with you?" Jace said in an aggravated tone.

"What do you mean?" Carter asked.

"Why did you do that? Can't you just eat the food and bare it? I could be letting you starve right now but instead I decide to spend my own money on you."

"Well I'm sorry that I'd like to live on food instead of fat and grease shaped into a burger." Carter shot back sarcastically.

"At least it's food! And why the hell do you wanna go to my place anyway?"

"I've known you for a week now and I know nothing about you except that you're a pushover for your stupid ass brother. I'd like to make this more pleasant for both of us instead of being tortured daily. So I'm sorry for trying to save your soul. You're gonna die soon anyway. Why the hell should I care? I'm the one who's responsible!"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

"Never mind. Just lock me back up in the storage room!" Carter threw up her arms and walked ahead of Jace back to the building.

Jace shook his head and ran up behind her. He grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. "Tell me what you were talking about. About my death."

Carter didn't say anything. She tried to pry his hand from her arm but he was still stronger that her. She looked up at him and jerked back. "Let go of me!"

"Is there a problem here miss?" a green SUV had pulled up beside them. A bald man with tattoos up his arms leaned out of the window and glared at Jace and looked back to Carter. No one spoke.

"No." Carter said after a moment of hesitation.

"Alright." The man said reluctantly before he drove away.

Jace let go of Carter's arm and turned. He walked strait down the middle of the road on the two yellow lines. Cars swerved around him and beeped their horns and gave him the finger as he walked. What the hell is he doing now? Carter thought.

She waited for an opening and ran into the road. She grabbed Jace by the collar and dragged him to the other side of the roads. People in the windows of the McDonalds had begun to stare.

Carter shook his shoulders and looked frantically in his eyes. Jace and Carter locked gazes. Jace's was a hard stare through cold, blue-gray eyes that began to soften with each passing moment. Carter loosened her arms and leaned her head onto Jace's chest. She let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes. Jace hesitantly wrapped his arms around her in a loose hug.

"You're going to die soon. It will be within the next few years." Carter mumbled.

"And how do you know this?" Jace spoke softy into her hair.

She hesitated. "I saw it."

Jace looked down at the top of her head. "You can't see the future."

"Only deaths. My entire life and I've only seen death every day."

"I don't believe you."

"I don't expect you to."

"Then why did you tell me?"

"Because you need to know." neither one talked for a few minutes as they held each other. Carter felt a drop of rain on her nose. She squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm going to kill you."