Status: Writingg....

Finding the Forsaken

Chapter Three

I panted with exhaustion and searched the boys face for an answer. He stared right back, shifting his position slightly to a more relaxed state but he was still alert. I took that as a warning not to try anything, and I wasn't too keen on the idea anyways.

Sizing him up, I found his body to be very muscled but not filled out all the way. He stood about 4 inches taller than me and had an oval shaped face with well defined cheekbones. His hair was a messy black, hanging in his eyes which just I just barley got a glimpse of; they were a piercing green.

"Whats your name, and what business do you have harassing a young girl in the woods?" I demanded suddenly as words pushed their way out of my mouth.

"Names' Crispin..." He replied gruffly in a not-quite-deep voice. "And what business do you have snooping through the woods?"

"I wasn't snooping! Matter of fact, I'm going somewhere... and I'll be on my way as soon as you let me past!" I said taking a cautious step forward. I covered my uncertainty with a glare hoping he would back off and I could continue through the woods.

I guess he took the gesture as a threat. He lunged forward with surprising speed and pinned me to the forest floor, once again, before I had time to react.

"Sorry... can't let you do that, Kid." He flashed his white teeth and pulled out a length up rope, beginning to bound my hands behind my back. I resisted little, there was no way I could get loose of him. And even if I did, there was a small chance of me being able to out run him.

"I have a name..." I muttered. "Its Aveline, Aveline Brix."

"Huh..." He said. I rolled my eyes.

As he finished tying me up, I wondered what he was going to do with me anyways. Certainly he wouldn't kill me... He must live around here somewhere... Maybe he intended to present me to his family as some kind of a servant or something. I definitely was not happy about that idea.

When finished the binding, he stood me up awkwardly like he wasn't sure what to make of me. I righted myself and stared at him as his eyes shifted behind me. He spotted something and whistled sharply. I spun around, confused, and glanced to where he was looking. Suddenly, three boys, between the ages of 14 and 16 it seemed, stepped tentatively out of different hiding spaces, staring at me like I was some mysterious creature.

I looked up at Crispin with a curious look on my face. Who are these kids? His friends? We began to walk in a slow procession, all in a straight line with me in the middle, led by Crispin.

As we walked I checked out the boys behind me as discretely as I could. Most of them were just like Crispin, muscular, rough looking kids. I wondered what they were thinking with those smug looks and searching eyes.

We soon reached a clearing in the woods with small cabins and huts scattered around the area. Smoking animals roasted on spits and sacks of what looked like seed for planting were found everywhere.

Once again, with Crispin letting out a shrill bird call, about fifteen or more boys moved out from everywhere. Behind barrels, from inside the houses, some even jumped out of trees above. I twisted around taking the sight in. What is this place?

"Welcome to our home..." Crispin said causally and gestured with his hand towards the little encampment. Home?
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome! XD
Btw - This book is set in Medieval Times...
Comments will keep us writing!! :)