Status: Writingg....

Finding the Forsaken

Chapter Five

Those... Those, God damn bastards! That's my mother’s dress; she made it for me! The only thing I have left... Who do they think they are?! Tying me up to a tree.... Staring at me like a bunch of freaks!

I fought and struggled against the tight rope around my body. The ropes made bright red splotches where I struggled but all I wanted was to get away from these boys and leave. My father could have the whole town searching for me, and what if I got caught?

The boys stood a couple steps back, watching both me and who I guess was Finn. He had an enraged look on his face and I noticed it wasn't me he looked mad at, although it was me he was glaring at… It was Crispin.

"Crispin! What were you thinking?!" He yelled, just about ready to jump him in anger. I could tell that this must've been something he wasn't allowed to do.

"I couldn't just kill her, and I couldn't let her go either!" He shot back quickly, taking a step towards him as if he was ready to strike, although he didn’t possess a weapon.

Finn gave him a puzzled, but frustrated look while side-glancing at me for a quick moment. "Why not?!"

"Because, it’s just not right! Okay?" Crispin said with a somewhat pleading tone filled with sympathy.

"We've never had anyone else here who wasn't one of us! Let alone a girl! He spat back viciously, staring at me with hatred and disgust.

"What’s wrong with girls?" I interrupted, amused and annoyed at their stupid argument. It was ridiculous that they were fighting over whether it was right for a girl to be there.

"Yeah, Finn! What’s wrong with girls?" Sterling said with a chuckle and moved closer to me, grabbing my hand and kissing it, more mockingly than charmingly.

I swiped my hand away and gave him the nastiest glare I could possibly make. He laughed and winked at me. Note to self, avoid Blondy…

"Leave her alone, Sterling." Crispin growled and turned back to Finn. "What do we do with her?"

"Well, we can't let her go now. She knows were here and she might tattle. No use havin' to pack up and leave... Yah’ know what Crisp'? She’s your responsibility... you brought her, you get to pay." He said with a matter-of-fact tone.

"WHAT?!" We both yelled in unison. Why do I have to listen to him? He’s the last person I want to be around after him catching me and dragging me to this place!

"But I… No I... What?!" Crispin stuttered, the smug look replaced with a look of horror, he seemed appalled at the idea. He whirled around to face Finn.

Finn grinned at the both of us. "Yep... No arguing. You take care of her. See yah’ around!" He exclaimed happily and walked back to his cabin with Sterling and Layne following. Sterling said something to Layne, probably about me or Crispin and they busted out with fits of laughter.

My temper flared. "Take care of me? What am I some sort of hostage? Who are you guys?" I asked angrily, not to anyone in specific but hoping someone would answer.

"I'll explain as I... show you around I guess." Crispin answered sullenly. Obviously he wasn't happy with the final decision either. He really wasn't expecting me to be put under his responsibility.

He walked up and untied me carefully from the tree, cutting the rope with his misericorde. I moved away from him, giving him a menacing once-over and walked over to where the items that were in my bag were scattered in the dirt. I picked up my gown gingerly and shook the dirt off. Placing it over my arm I turned to Crispin.

"I guess I'm the prisoner now... Take me away." I held out my hands as if for him to tie me up. Not that I would try to run away. It was too late to chance it and I knew I would never make it.

"No need..." He replied gruffly and turned away gesturing for me to follow. I sighed and trailed after him. I'm just going to have to tough it out until I figure out a way to get away from here.

We wandered past a few homes with curious boys staring after us everywhere we went. The ages all ranged from toddlers to about Crispin's age. As we walked Crispin showed me different things and told me who lived where and things along the lines of that. I began to wonder more and more where the parents were.

"Where are the adults? Do they live somewhere else?" I asked finally after gathering up the courage to speak. They had to have families here, someone to keep them in order.

Crispin stopped abruptly and turned around. His eyes were filled with an emotion I couldn't put my finger on.

“There are none…” He said slowly, glaring at the ground. “No parents, no family. Just each other; our own kind of brotherhood.” I gave him a perplexed look since I didn’t know what to make of what he said. “Most of us don’t even know what our parents had looked like, let alone their named. Most of us don’t even know what a parent really is… we’re orphans, and we look after ourselves… Get it?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeahh... Their orphans. Who knew? ;)
Who is your favorite character?
Comments feed the orphans.. Don't let them starve.