‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Eleven

The next morning I woke up with only a light headache. I didn’t drink too much so this didn’t surprise me.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I opened them only to find that I wasn’t in my room. I was in someone else’s.

“Please don’t let there be a naked man next to me. Please don’t let there be a naked man next to me,” I whispered to myself, shutting my eyes tightly before opening them again. It was then that it registered in my head that I was just in the living room on the couch.

A wave of relief rushed over my body when there wasn’t a naked man next to me.

I sat up and looked around the room thinking that maybe we brought a few strangers home from the beach and they stayed at our house, but no one was there. The only other person that should be in this house is Violet. Maybe Korri that is, if she didn’t go home with Matt, which is more than likely.

I carefully got up off the couch and went in to the kitchen, grabbing the bottle of Advil from the cabinet next to the fridge. I made another stop for a bottle of water and then decided I should probably bring some drugs and water for Violet too.

With my hands full, I headed down the hall way to her room.

“Vi?”

I heard someone groan so I assumed it was here and pushed the door open a little so I could get through. But it wasn’t Violet in the bed. Oh, no no no. It was a guy. A very colorful guy at that. The tattoo on his back gave him away.

“Morning Hayden,” Violet said, coming out of her bathroom.

My eyes went from her, to him, then back to her. “When did Jimmy get here?”

“Last night?” She answered followed by a you’re-dumb-you-should’ve-remembered-you-weren’t-even-drunk look.

“Oh.” I looked down at the bottle of pills in my hand. “I brought you guys drugs. I figured you’d need them.”

“Thank you!” Violet said dramatically, rushing over to my side and taking the bottle. She popped off the cap and spilled a few out, only taking two and putting them in her mouth before returning the rest. I handed her a bottle of water and she swallowed the magic pills.

“I love you Hayden,” She smiled.
“You’re welcome.”

“Let me wake Jimmy up and then we can go out or something,” She said walking over to the side of the bed where he was laying with his face buried in the pillows.

“You don’t have to,” I said. “I was just going to go back in to my room and take a shower and probably sleep.”

She stopped moving and looked up at me with eyes that I knew too well. “You’re tired, but you aren’t hung over?”

“I didn’t drink a lot,” I explained.

She raised her brow at me. “Were you and Zachary doing something on the beach?” She asked, wiggling them suggestively at me.

I looked at her completely horrified. “Oh god no! Violet! We didn’t do anything your little mind is thinking right now.”

“But we did,” Jimmy said with a muffled voice, raising his hand up. I looked over at Violet who was staring at me like a deer in the headlights.

“I can explain!”

I put him hand up to stop her, closing my eyes and shaking my head. “I don’t want to know,” I said and walked out from her room. I went back to the living room and grabbed my purse from the coffee table, pulling my phone out only to find that it had one battery bar left and it was dying.

I slung the bag over my shoulder and went in to my room, shutting the door behind me. I grabbed the wire for my phone charger off of my nightstand and plugged it in to my phone. The screen lit back up and showed me that I had six new texts and two missed phone calls. I decided on listening to the phone calls first.

Hey Hayden! We’re going swimming in Matty’s pool!” An obviously wasted Korri slurred in to the phone. “I want you and your hot little body to come down here with me so we can make all the boys jealous! Erika’s in on it too!

I laughed and hit number key to erase the message.

Good morning babe.” I smiled knowing exactly who had left this voicemail. “I was going to stop by to see if you wanted to get coffee, but I figured you were probably asleep. So I … uhhh …… yeah. You don’t have to call back. Get some sleep.

In the faint background of the voicemail you could hear himself cursing himself out for calling me babe in the beginning and sounding like a weirdo. He clearly forgot to hit the end button on his phone, but I still thought it was cute.

I erased the message and moved on to my texts. Three were from Brian because Erika stole his phone and two were from Johnny. I have no idea why he texted me. Probably drunk ones too.

The last one was from Korri saying that I was a dumb hoe for not joining her in the pool.

I erased them all and opened a new message, typing away at the keys with my thumbs.

You still up for coffee this morning?

A few seconds later I got my reply.

If you are. Yep.

I smiled and wrote him again.

Starbucks in twenty minutes. Sound good?

Sounds good baby.

I rolled my eyes at his lame attempt to flirt via text message and put my phone down on the nightstand to charge while I hopped in the shower really fast. I left my hair wet and changed, applying just a touch of makeup, but not too much. I was never one who liked to look like a cake face.

I pulled my phone off of the charger and headed out down the hall, stopping at Violet’s room.

“Hey, I’m going out with Zacky,” I said poking my head in. Violet saw me and I eyed her carefully. “Don’t you two be doing it like rabbits while I’m gone,” I warned them. “This room already smells like sex.”

She smirked at me. “You too! No sex in public!”

I laughed and shut the door, heading out to my jeep and down the road to Starbucks singing Katy Perry rather loudly while her CD played in my car.

Zacky’s POV

I had gotten there before Hayden and ordered something while I waited for her to get here. I sat down at one of the tables and flipped through a magazine that was just sitting around. I wasn’t really paying attention to what I was reading when I felt the presence of another person standing next to me.

“Reading Cosmogirl now are we?” She inquired, raising her brow and looking down at the magazine I had in my hands.

I felt my cheeks turn a little red when I met her eyes with mine. “I like to know what’s hot for bikini season,” I joked, shutting the literature and leaving it on the table.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, bringing her in to my chest for a hug. “But I already know what looks good on you,” I whispered in her ear. I felt her face get warm on my chest.

A minute or two later, she pushed me back. “I need coffee,” She mumbled, pulling her wallet out of her purse. I let go of her and she kissed my cheek. “I’ll be right back.”

I watched her hips swing as she walked away up to the counter.

Goddamn I was falling for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayden's outfit

More shameless self promoting. But I think you guys should read this. Some of you may have already, but I wrote a second part to it.
Four Become One

By the way, it's six months today. If you didn't notice.
foREVer

REV