‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Thirteen

Zacky’s POV

I watched Hayden throw the rubber ball Cassie had brought back to her for the hundredth time again. Majesty had joined in the fun too and her and Cassie were now playing with each other. Icabod was relaxing in the chair next to me, all curled up and comfortable.

Hayden walked up to him and scratched the top of his head before sitting down in the patio chair next to me.

“Oomph.”

“Wearing you out?” I asked, pouring her a glass of iced tea and sliding it across the table for her.

“I know Cass is bad, but her and Maj together is like a nightmare!” She complained. “I know they’re puppies, but don’t puppies usually take naps at some point?”

“Like babies,” I concluded.

She put down her drink and shook her head. “No. Babies are much easier to take care of. All they do is eat, sleep, and poop. They don’t make my arm hurt after throwing the damn ball so many times.”

I laughed at her explanation. It was a little crazy if you asked me. I mean, I know I don’t have kids, but I do have a nephew and he was a pain in the ass to take care of when he was little too. But then he grew up and now the little guy is gonna be such a ladies man.

She leaned back in her chair and took another sip of her iced tea. Cassie and Majesty were now laying in the grass chewing on a tug rope together. Icabod moaned and stretched his paws out before curling back up and closing his eyes again.

Hayden looked up from the pups and smiled at me.

“Wanna go back inside?” I proposed. She nodded and we both stood up. I grabbed my glass and brought it inside, putting it in the sink as she did the same. She turned back around and sat down at the counter on one of the bar stools, staring blankly out the window by the sink.

“Hays?”
“Wha. Oh, sorry,” She blushed.

“You okay?” I asked, pressing my palms up against the cold surface of the granite counter tops.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” She said looking away again.

I felt like I had just walked in to an awkward situation and I had no clue how to get out of it. I knew that tonight I wanted to do something big, but I actually wanted to make it more special. Maybe a bit more romantic or something.

Having her bring her dog over and just lounging around the house did not seem like a great way to ask a girl out.

I sighed and closed my eyes.
The contemplation in my brain continued on.

“Zacky?”

Her voice broke me from my thoughts. I blinked my eyes open and was met with an intense gaze.

“You okay?”

“Just thinking,” I admitted, shaking the remaining fears I had in my head away.

Hayden’s POV

“About what?” I asked in an attempt to break the awkwardness that formed between us. It was like as soon as we came inside he changed personalities. Something was up with him, but I wasn’t quite sure what it was yet.

“How a beautiful girl like you is still in my kitchen and my house hasn’t managed to scare her off yet,” He said with a smile. I blushed and tucked the fallen hair behind my ears.

He was right. His house was a little creepy looking. Well, okay. To some girls it would be creepy looking, but I loved all the Halloween themed things and the dark colors and the “manly” feel about it. It may have been a bachelor pad, but the place had a welcoming feeling for a woman in it. And two cute dogs to go along with it.

“I like it,” I shrugged, looking around the room.
“I don’t get much time to spend at it,” He said meekly.

“But you get to tour the world with your best friends,” I said with a smile. “So that’s a plus.”

“Yeah,” He sighed. “I guess.”

“Seriously Zacky, what’s got you in to a nervous wreck all of a sudden?” I asked noticing that he was wiping his palms on his jeans and that he was hesitating before answering to what I say.

“You make me nervous,” He admitted boldly.

I gave a little half smile towards him and hopped off the bar stool, making my way around the island over to him. I could feel his pulse racing when I wrapped my arms around his torso, giving him a comforting hug.

“There’s no need to be nervous around me,” I giggled. “I’m just Hayden.”

“You’re so much more than that to me,” He said wrapping his arms tightly around my shoulders, pulling me even closer to him if that was even possible.

I picked my head up and watched him with wide eyes.

“Hayden, be mine?”

I nodded vigorously before pulling myself closer again and burying my face in his chest, inhaling his intoxicating scent. This was something I could never get enough of.

I felt him kiss the top of my head and I knew that my life right now couldn’t get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short. I'm sorry.
I have no ideas at the moment. Give me some time and I'll be back.
I promise.

REV