‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Fourteen

We said our goodbyes that night, me and Cassie that is. The little fur ball of energy had quickly made friends with Icabod and Majesty. I loaded her up in to the back of my jeep and left her there so Zacky and I could give a more proper goodbye than having a puppy drag you out the front door.

“I’ll call you in the morning,” He said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders while mine snaked around his waist. I nodded my head in approval and smiled up at him. Our moment was broken by Cassie pawing at the window in the back seat.

“Can you do me a favor?” I asked with the best puppy dog eyes I could make. “Can we not tell anyone about us yet? Please?”

His eyebrows furrowed together. “Why?”

“I want to pay Violet back,” I said with a devious smirk.

“How bad would you like your revenge to be?” He asked, now seeming interested in this.

“She didn’t tell me about Jimmy even when I was sick and dying. I want this to be good.”

He nodded understandingly and a looked crossed his face as if a light went off. He leaned down close to my ear and whispered his plan to me. I nodded vigorously in agreement and decided that this was the course of action to take.

Our lips met briefly before we separated.

“Wear something pretty for when we go,” He said, smacking my ass and ushering me to my car.

“Are you saying what I have on now isn’t pretty?”

“It’s gorgeous babe.”

I raised my brow, stopping by the front of my jeep. “What tricks do you have up your sleeve now Mr. Baker?”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.”

-----

“Okay so let Cassie out at some point during the day. Don’t let you and Jimmy get too carried away to forget about feeding her, please?” I asked, pulling a water out of the fridge,

“He said he would bring Pinkly over before he took him over to Brian’s so she’ll have a little play mate for a while,” Violet informed me.

I nodded and reached up in the cabinet for two pill bottles, taking two blue pills out of the first container and one white one out of the second. I popped them all in to my mouth and gulped them down with a huge drink of water from the bottle.

“How long are you going to be on those?” She asked, eyeing the pills in my hand.

I shrugged. “Till whenever the bottle runs out. It keeps my head from hurting and my body from getting dizzy.”

“How do I know you aren’t doing crack pills or something like that?” Violet questioned, putting her hands on her hips and taking a motherly stand.

“Because you were there when the doctor gave them to me dumbass.”

“But wha—“

The ringing of the doorbell stopped her mid sentence and she spun on her heel to go answer it. I stayed in the kitchen and finished my water, grabbing a banana off the hook and eating that as well.

Oh hello Zachary! Your drug addict lover is in the kitchen downing a bottle of crack pills again. She says they help with the pain or whatever. Get her sober these next few days.

“VIOLET! THEY ARE NOT CRACK PILLS!” I shouted, walking over to the front door. “So shut the fuck up and stop telling people that they are.”

Violet leaned over and whispered something to Zacky and then laughed. “I’ll let you two be on your way to Los Angeles or where ever your destination is,” She said dismissing us and heading out of the room.

“You look fantastic,” He complimented, offering his hand for me to take.

I shook my head. “After, then we can be all couple-ly. Not around her right now.”

His happy grin was replaced by a slight frown but he understood. I shouted a goodbye at Violet and we both walked out to his car with my bags in tow. He popped the trunk and threw them in and before we knew it, we were pulling off down the road, stopping at the corner at the stop sign.

He took both hands off the wheel and turned to me, cupping my cheeks and attaching his lips to mine for a mere second.

“That was hard not to do,” He admitted as he pulled away with a faint blush on his cheeks. “Especially with you looking like that.”

I returned the favor and kissed his cheek. He put his hands back on the wheel and we were lucky enough not to have anyone stopped behind us because I have a feeling we were there longer than we should’ve been.

We drove along the Pacific Coast Highway for a little while before heading for the interstate and making our way to the lovely city of LA.

“You’re all mine for a whole three days,” He said with a beaming smile, turning off on to an exit ramp.

“I have one request this whole trip,” I smiled. “A stop at Sprinkles for cupcakes.”

“That can be arranged.”

I smiled out the window and watched as the coast faded and the city became closer. Three days with my boyfriend in a huge city full of beautiful people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayden's Outfit

Excuse the lack of updates for a little while. I got a new video editing program I'm working with and we have a horse back at our barn. He needs most of my attention right now.

Don't worry, I won't forget about ya'll.
You should also pre-order Nightmare if you haven't already.

REV