‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Seventeen

ZACKY’S POV

“Brian was taking Violet over to Jimmy’s because he had a whole evening planned out for them and this guy came and hit them. Brian’s in bad shape and Violet’s not doing much better,” She explained, sobbing over the phone. “You both just need to come home. I know you and Hayden are enjoying yourselves out there, but you need to come home.”

“We’ll be there as fast as my car will let us drive,” I reassured her. Korri mumbled something else before hanging up the phone. I grabbed some clothes out for both Hayden and I.

I figured she’d want to wear something of mine, since she has been stealing some of my things lately. Not that I minded.

Stepping over to the side of her bed, I bent down beside her, kissing her forehead lightly, knowing that things were going to go down hill right after this.

“Hayden.”

She moaned and tried to move away.

“Hayden, you need to get up. We have to go home.”

“No,” She answered back. I smiled at her cuteness. It was adorable.

“Hayden, you don’t have a choice. We need to get home.”

The second try at this and she opened her eyes. I would’ve kissed her right then and there, but we’d probably be her longer than we needed to.

She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked over at me. “Why are you in such a hurry to get home?”

“I put some stuff out for you. I’m going to go get us checked out. I’ll be back in a little bit,” I hurried, pecking her lips and running out the door.

This is worse than me leaving her to wake up in an empty bed in the morning. Way worse.

HAYDEN’S POV

Zacky rushed out the door and I did as I was told and put on whatever he had out for me. I made a mental note to thank him for getting me clothes even though he was clearly in such a rush.

I kept wondering about the possibilities, assuming the worst of all of course. His real girlfriend was probably here and he needed to get out fast. Or maybe some crazy rabid fan was lurking in the hall ways and was going to attack us. Or was it a pack of angry wolves that had gotten in off a ship and started roaming the halls?

Whatever the case was, I trusted Zacky and his decision to leave.

He came back in to the room with a pale expression on his face. Oh this was really not good at all.

“Are there wolves out there?” I asked. I always had a fear of wolves.

“What?” He looked at me like I had a third eye. “No.”

“Then what’s got you all up in a panic?” I asked, zipping my bag shut. I’m so glad we packed light so we could escape quickly.

“I’ll tell you when we get in the car.” Was his only reply as he took our bags and headed off down the hall with me, trailing behind him super confused.

------------

“Zacky! What the hell is going on!?” I demanded, terrified of the speed he was driving at. Currently, we were flying down the high way because he had a lead foot and a determination to get to where ever we were going as fast as possible.

“Are you trying to get us killed!?” I screeched, as he dodged between lanes left and right.

He slammed on the brakes when he saw a cop up ahead. I was shoved forward by his quick action in an attempt to slow the car’s speed down.

“VEE!”

“THEY’RE IN THE HOSPITAL!” He shouted back at me.

It was at that moment that my heart sank.

I didn’t dare to ask another question and just let him drive at the accelerated pace he chose. I didn’t know who was in the hospital and I didn’t know why, but I had a gut feeling that when I got there, things weren’t going to be good.

We didn’t even make a stop back at home for anything. We just drove straight from our L.A. hotel room to the Huntington Beach hospital where supposedly our friends were. Zacky raced in for a parking spot and practically jumped out of the car when he took the key out.

In an effort to calm him down, I grabbed his hand and laced it with mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze. But before we even entered the hospital, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me.

“Hayden, I want you to know that I love you so much and that I’m here for you no matter what.”

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked back at him. I was beyond confused right now. “What the hell is going on Zacky?”

He didn’t answer me and just led me in the hospital. Oh how I hated this familiar smell of linoleum floors and cleaning supplies.

We took an elevator up to the third floor where we were welcomed with a waiting room. A slightly barren waiting room at that.

That was when I saw Erika sitting by herself, sobbing in to the palms of her hands that rested on her thighs.

I knew this wasn’t going to be good at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
REV