‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Three

“So to what do I owe this lovely occasion?” Violet said, plopping down on one side of the couch.

“Do we really need an occasion to watch Dear John?” I asked, sitting down on the other side with the remote in hand.

“Hay, you know we only watch cheesy romantic movies when you want to talk.”

“There’s nothing to talk about!” I argued, “I just want to watch a movie with my best friend!”

She gave me her ‘bitch-please’ look and I returned it with a ‘seriously-I’ve-got-nothing-okay-maybe-I-have-something-to-say’ look.

I sighed. It was no use exchanging evil looks with Violet because she always made me cave and tell her what was going on.

“Zacky’s been on my mind a lot,” I admitted sheepishly, avoiding looking at her, but somehow, I could tell she cooked up a little plan in her head within five seconds.

“Stay here,” She ordered, jumping up off the couch and running upstairs, returning a minute later with her laptop.

She waited for it to boot up before rapidly clicking on the Internet Explorer icon and waiting impatiently for it to load. Once it did, she typed something in in the search bar and hit the enter button. I was just praying like hell that she wasn’t going to show me some video about a guy and his dick. Or go on Chatroulette for that matter.

“Here,” She said, thrusting the laptop in my face.

One the bright LCD screen was a picture of a bat with skeleton wings.

I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at her, then back at the screen, and then back at her, “What the hell is this?”

Violet snorted like that was the stupidest question she’s ever been asked, “Avenged Sevenfold,” She informed me in her ‘duh’ tone.

I still looked at her confused as all hell.

“Your lover’s band.”

“Guitarist,” I answered, sounding confident with my answer.

“Damn you’re good!” He grinned, flashing his white teeth at me. I felt my ears burn a little and my face turn warmer.

“Musically educated cousin,” I shrugged, praying that he didn’t see my change of color.


Then the light bulb went off in my head.

“Riggggghhhhttttt!”

Violet rolled her eyes and shook her head, taking the computer back and clicking around on the page some more. She handed it back when she pulled up a video.

I clicked play and sat there in amazement as two guys started playing this incredible guitar solo. It wasn’t until the very end of the clip that I realized one of those men was Zacky.

Then my jaw hit the floor.

Violet laughed, taking back her laptop again, “That was my exact reaction when I saw it.”

“That was fucking …… wow.”

She nodded and kept clicking around on the page.

When they close the final curtain, you’ll get a glimpse of the truth

“Ahem,” I coughed, “Your phone Vi,” I said pointing out the obvious 3OH!3 tune playing from her cell phone. She slid the laptop off on to the couch cushion between us and grabbed her phone off the table.

“577-9044?” She repeated out loud, studying the number carefully. The wheels clicked in her head just before her voicemail took over, “Oh!”

I raised my brow at her, but she just shooed me away with her hand and got up from the couch, leaving the room and walking into the kitchen where I could hear her laughing and giggling with the other person on the other end of the line.

I closed my eyes, but all I could see was him.

So I did the only logical thing I could do and grabbed Violet’s laptop, clicking around on the website and viewing photos and gawking at videos of them.

This was only making me miss him so much more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if it's short. I've been busy and haven't had time.
Forgive me?

REV