‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Five

“Thanks for coming to meet me,” I said taking a seat.
“No problem! I didn’t have anything else planned for today,” Korri, one of the few friends I had kept in touch with since high school, said taking her seat across from me.

The waiter handed us our menus and we quickly decided on what to eat, handing them back to him and making small talk while we waited for our orders to be filled.

“So where’s Violet been lately?” She asked.
"She’s been going on a lot of dates lately."

Korri chuckled, sipping on her water, "Who’s the unlucky guy?"
I shrugged, "I don’t know. She hasn’t said anything about him."

"What!?"

"She’s being weird about it. When I ask she just ignores it," I explained, stirring the ice around in my glass of water.

"She’s your best fucking friend!" Korri exclaimed.
I raised my brow and gave her a questioning look, "So?"

"So you should know these things!" She said just as the waitress had brought our food up to the table.

We ate the rest of our meal in peace and saying bits of conversation in between bites, but we didn’t talk about Violet’s dating life anymore, or at least we tried not to touch on it again.

After all the food was gone and we were full, Korri and I fought over the bill ultimately deciding to just split the cost.

"Who could she possibly be dating?" Korri mumbled as we got up.
I shrugged, "I have no idea.”

I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world!

My eyes narrowed at Korri as she smiled a sheepish smile and swung her arm up, digging around in her purse for her phone.

“I thought we stopped singing that song and burned all the copies at our junior bon fire?” I asked as she took the call.

“Hey babe, I’m with my friend right now…… No, not Julie. Her name’s Hayden. I don’t think you’ve met her before ……” She sighed in an annoyed way, “We’ll behave ourselves…… I love you too, bye.”

As she hit the end button on the screen of the phone and slipped it back into her purse, I raised my brow at her.

“What?” She asked like nothing had happened.

“Are you sure I shouldn’t be asking about your dating life?”

“No. Now come on, we have to see if Violet and her mystery man are home!” She said, taking my arm and linking them together, dragging me all the way to the parking lot where our cars were.

A short drive and a “stake out” later, no signs of Violet and her mystery man were present. Though, I have to say, hanging out with Korri half of the night sure made up for not seeing who Violet had been dating.

“I think we should give up,” I said standing up from my spot behind the couch.

“Shh!” Korri hissed, “Get back down! I hear them in the hallway!” She whispered, motioning for me to sit back down. I did so, letting out an angry huff in protest.

Thanks for taking me out again.
Anytime, well, as long as we’re home.

Violet giggled, “Yeah, that could be a problem if you weren’t.

A big problem.
I should probably go inside now,” Violet said shyly, I could tell she was looking down at her feet, the way she always would when she was talking to a guy she really liked, “Hayden’s going to be home soon.

When are we going to tell her?
When he grows the balls and calls her. I gave him her number.”

A sigh escaped past Violet’s date’s lips, “I’ll work on that as soon as I get back.

Thanks,” She smiled and kissed his cheek, “I owe you.

Then there was a silence. I sat up above the couch to hear if maybe any low and quiet words were being spoken, but I heard nothing. But I did fall over the back of the couch and land on the cushions. One would think that would be a comfortable fall, but when you have a button stabbing you in the back, it’s really not.

Don’t worry about it. Have a good night.
Night.

I was stuck on the couch, in pain. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

“Hayden?” Violet questioned as she walked in, flipping on the switch, “What the hell are you doing?”

“Button. Back.”

“She fell!” Korri announced, popping up from behind the couch.

“I thought you guys were still going to be out.”

Korri shook her head, “Hayden wanted to come back. She wanted to spy on your man candy.”

I narrowed my eyes and glared at Korri, “Did not! You’re the one who came up with this stupid plan!”

“You wanted to find out who he was!”
“No I didn’t!”
“Yes you did!”
“No I didn’t!”
“Yes you did!”
“No I –“

“Enough!” Violet hollered, “What’s done is done.”

I pouted and stuck my tongue out at Korri, she returned the same gesture.

“You’ll like him.” Was the last thing that Violet said before going into her room and changing out of her clothes.

What did she mean I would like him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a longer update. I'm kinda on a roll.
And my cat says hello. He's trying to lay down on my laptop.

I'm also sorry if I made any of you cry in my last authors note.
You know I love you guys.

REV