‹ Prequel: Fall From Grace
Status: The End.

Memories Be Out All Night

Seven

“Are you coming?” Korri asked, slapping my leg as I laid on the bed.

“Oww! Yes!” I cried, rubbing my leg that was stinging. “Bitch,” I mumbled, stuffing the last of my items in my bag.

“Well let’s go!” Korri urged, shoving me out of my room.

“I’ll meet up with ya’ll later!” Violet shouted from the kitchen, “I promised Jim--- Jessica, that I would bring her over some peanut butter brownies.”

“Okay!” I shouted back and headed out the front door with Korri. I unlocked the doors and climbed inside, sticking the keys into the ignition and tossing my bag in to the back seat.

I’m not insane, I’m not insane. I’m not insane, I’m not.

“Shit,” I cursed, turning down the volume, “I’m sorry, I forgot the CD was still in there,” I apologized with a sheepish smile, starting the car up.

“It’s okay,” Korri giggled, “They’re good,” She said reaching for the volume knob and turning it back up a bit. “Make a right here.”

“So who’s all coming?” I asked, turning the corner.
“Violet’s coming later, you, me, Matt and his friends.”

I nodded my head, “I get to meet the infamous Matt you’ve been talking about for months now?”

“Just like Violet said, you’ll like him. Go left here.”

With a few more turns of the wheel, we pulled in to the beach parking lot and were lucky enough to snag a spot right up front. I turned the car off and popped the trunk open.

“How far are we walking?” I asked, meeting Korri around back.
“Not far,” she answered, “I don’t see Matt’s truck anywhere, so I’m guessing we’re the first to get here. So we can pick anywhere!”

“Sounds like a plan,” I said and started to grab things out from the trunk. Korri followed and I told her she could pick out the spot. Even for being the first ones of our group to arrive at the beach, she picked out the farthest spot from where everyone else was.

“Trust me,” She said putting down the huge blanket, “It’ll be better this way. Less people. Less distraction.”

“Are you plotting something Korr?” I asked, raising my brow and giving her a questionable look.

“Like what?”
“Sex on the beach?”

She threw her head back and laughed, “You would think of that!”

“It’s a possibility!” I defended.
“Well, when you see the friends Matt has, you’ll probably consider sex on the beach,” She said with a suggestive smile.

Together we finished setting up our area. Now all we had to do was sit around and wait for everyone else. I didn’t know how long it was going to be and neither did Korri, so we decided to lay out in the sun and work on our tans. I had brought my ipod in my bag and took it out, plugging it in and drifting off in to the wonderful world with John O’Callaghan.

ZACKY’S POV

Matt had told me earlier this morning that Korri and her friends were going to the beach and said we should meet them there. Personally, I didn’t want to go. I wanted to stay home and sleep off the shitty feeling I had, but when you’re friends with Matt, you go with what he says. That dude will pick you up and hurl you through a window if he had to.

Anyway, I figured I’d better go out in to the daylight at some point or another, so why not go somewhere that was enjoyable?

I followed behind Matt’s pick up with Johnny next to me in the passenger seat. Brian went with Matt and Jimmy said he was coming later. I’m assuming he was going to get Violet. That kid had it bad for her.

I pulled in to the front row of the beach parking lot and got out, waiting for Matt to tell us where Korri was. He was on his phone so I turned my attention to the beach in front of me. Some ways away, I could see a girl sitting up on a blanket with her phone pressed against her ear, waving enthusiastically. There was another girl laying next to her on the blanket as well.

Matt shut his phone and looked at us, “They’re over there. Grab the stuff.”

HAYDEN’S POV

“Get up,” Korri said excitedly, hitting my arm a couple of tips.

I yanked the head phones out of my ears, “Whatdya want?”

“They’re here,” She grinned.

I hit the pause button on my ipod and stuffed it back in to my bag, leaning back on my forearms and squinting at what she kept staring at. I pulled my sunglasses down a little before pushing them back up after realizing who was walking this way.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I knew exactly who Korri’s boyfriend was and exactly which of his friends were coming.

Maybe if I just pretend to be asleep, they’ll go in to the water and I can make a run for it. But why the hell should I be running? I mean hello perfect chance to see him again!

Shut the fuck up brains.

ZACKY’S POV

I saw the blonde girl lay back down on the blanket, pretending like she was asleep. She couldn’t fool me. She couldn’t fool anyone for that matter. But as we got closer, I noticed how curved her body was and how incredibly sexy she looked.
We set the coolers full of food and booze down behind the blankets and all stool around the two girls. I admit, it felt kind of awkward.

Korri hit her friend on the arm again and she hissed at her, “Don’t fucking do that!”

“I want you to meet Matt!” Korri got up and hugged him

The blonde sat up and I held my hand out for her to take. I saw Brian sneer a little at me because I beat him to her, but hey, he was being slow!

She looked at my hand a little apprehensively before taking it and allowing me to help her up off the ground.

“This is Matt,” Korri introduced, “That’s Brian, Johnny, and Zacky,” She pointed out, “ And guys this is Hayden, my best friend and future god mother to my unborn children.”

I was so grateful to be wearing sunglasses at this moment, because my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

That was Hayden.

Damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
At last! They meet again!

Korri's outfit
Hayden's outfit

REV