Status: slow updates...

This Changed My Life

02.

We drove through a thick patch of woods about an hour after we left the airport. When we hit a clearing I couldn’t help but gasp, it really was beautiful, I could see a creek in the distance and I was glad that I brought my swim suit.

“This is where you live?” I asked

“Yep” she said popping the p. “Lived here almost my entire life. Its beautiful isn’t it?”

“Yes it is…” I said trailing off and looking out the window to see the trees and her beautiful two story house that was made of logs. To the left of the house was a barn and it had many animals in it with a giant fence stretching into the woods. To the right there was a gazebo that had a picnic table and a grill for summer barbeques. I could get used to this.

I walked inside of her house and it was even more beautiful than the outside of her house. I cant believe this! I thought she was going to be like some trashy redneck! She was even nice!

The inside of her house was very fancy-ish for a person who lived in the country. I have never seen a log house this beautiful before. Maria showed me to my room and left me to get settled and get my stuff put away.

I had my own personal computer and a desk, the bed was really soft and I had a huge closet. This was good living. I smiled to myself as I put my things away.

**
After I put all of my clothes away in my new room I decided to go to the barn to see what kind of animals Maria had. I was guessing that she had a lot, she seemed rich.

Walking up to the barn I started to smell that barn scent. I should have seen it coming.
Maria had all kinds of barn animals, but the ones I was most interested in the horses. I had always adored them but I was too scared as a little kid to get on one.

The most beautiful horse I saw was a coffee brown horse. It was calmer than the others when I came into the barn. It didn’t move an inch when I came up to it to pet it. I would have to ask Maria what its mane was.

The only sound was my hand moving on the horse’s fur and the neighing the horses made. I did hear something else that wasn’t anything related to horses. The shuffling of feet. I knew that Maria didn’t shuffle her feet because I saw her and she walked normally.

I turned around to face a confused boy around my age.

“Who are you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

i havent been in the mood to write lately....