Forever

Chapter 4

Atlanta, Georgia. That's where Saige is from. She moved down here when her mother died of breast cancer. She lives with her aunt now a block away from the school. Her first day was two weeks ago and since then she has been very lonely. I would have asked about her dad but if he died or something too I didn't want to get her even more upset by reminding her because I asked.

"Hey, where did you go during lunch? You said you would be right back and then you never returned." Kaylyn wondered

"Oh sorry. I saw someone in the hall and started talking to them. Before I knew it lunch was over and I had to get back to class."

"Who was it?"

"She's a new student here. Her name's Saige."

"Saige?"

"Yeah. I like that name. It's nice, don't you think?"

"Well it's definitely different"

"I know. Instead of another Brianna or Emily in our school." I said "Anyway I got to get home. I'll see you later"

"Okay later"

I was walking toward the exit, thinking about what homework I had and the funny incident that happened in Mr. Harrison's class today. Who knew that all that hair was a wig. Well, everyone knows now. When I stepped outside I saw Saige sitting under a tree reading a book. I walked over to her, under the shady tree.

"Hey Saige" I greeted

She looked up from her book. "Hey Manuella! How are you?"

"I'm good but are you feeling better?" That was a stupid question. Why would she be feeling better after her mother just died a few weeks ago.

"Yeah I guess. I'm happy to know I have a friend now" Saige smiled at me and I smiled back.
I felt so happy to know that I put a smile on her face.

"Thanks. Do you need a ride home?" I asked

"No my aunt's on her way here right now. But thank you for asking."

"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow."I said making it sound like a question more than a statement.

"Yeah"

My mother pulled up in front of the school. I waved at Saige and made my way toward the car.

"Manuella, who's that girl you were just talking to?" My mother asked when I got into the car. I looked up at Saige when she asked this seeing that she went back to reading her book once I had left.

"That's Saige. She just moved here from Georgia."

"Oh that's nice."

The reason why isn't. I wish I could help her. I can see that she is so sad deep down inside. I couldn't even imagine what it feels like to be in her position, right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to anyone that has been reading this.