Status: SOON

Silent Wishes

01

It happened on May the 23rdـــ my birthday. On the day where everything is supposed to be perfect, the day I'm supposed to cherish, to never forget.

Oh, it's true I'm never going to forget this day but for a whole different reason.

Lucas had told me to stay home that day. He had found out earlier that our mother had planned a surprise birthday party for the both us. According to him I had to attend after all I was the birthday girl. Plus, it was the least I could do after all the trouble I had caused. He said that it was so nice of my mother to plan us a party, that she was willing to put everything I did behind her just to make us happy.

I thought that was a load of crap, and I told him. Like I was going to spend my 18th birthday cramped up at home hosting a lame party instead of at a bar with some friends- this was probably her plan all along… to make me miserable on my birthday. That bitch.

So I lied. I told him I'd stay home and get all dressed up with a smile on my face.

And he bought it.

I should have noticed something was wrong the moment he did. He was my brother- my twin! I can never lie to him-not on the phone not even in a letter let alone in his face. He knows how I think; he can catch my lie before I even tell it.

I did get dressed up, but I never stayed home. If he wanted to party like some four year old then he could, I, on the other hand, was going to party all right but on a whole different level, no balloons or cake just some shots and the dance floor.

I ignored his phone calls (all thirty six of them); it was too loud to hear my cell anyway.

Maybe if I had answered his calls, if I had just listened to him and stayed home he would still be here with me… instead of five feet under the ground.

I remember it like yesterday, I dream about it the second I close my eyes.

The screams, the blinking lights, the smell of gunpowder on my hands… It was not a sight I'd be forgetting soon nor would anyone else who saw it.

That day I didn’t just lose my brother or my twin… I lost everything and now my life means nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
suddenly i'm so excited about this story!<3

comments would be welcomed=)