Status: active

Cross My Heart

Goodbyes

Lorraine waked up with a start. With a loud groan she threw a pillow at her clock, but it was no use, since the damned thing continued to vibrate restlessly.

She stretched lazily and rose up slowly and walked towards her bathroom, locking the door behind her. Taking a warm bath, she stepped out of her shower and wrapped a towel around her as she brushed her teeth.

Today she was, for the first time in a long time, leaving her comfortable home in France, and travelling to England, to the Malfoy Manor to be more precise. Lorraine felt a little giddy as she tied threw on her clothes. After all, she was getting a new start; a chance to make everything right again. In a place where no-one knew who she was, or what she did.

Lorraine thought very highly of herself; she knew she was a pretty girl, with bright blue eyes and golden hair, delicate features and a feisty attitude.

She knew exactly the right time in which she had to be charming, and when it was better to take on a more aggressive approach. Lorraine Owens sure was very proud, treated like a queen at home, she was used to getting exactly what she wanted, when she wanted it. Ironically enough she was never a demanding person.

Everything in her life had always been perfect, but you see Lorraine Owens had an unusually great skill in the art of lying. She was so good at lying that more than once she had believed her own lies herself. Deceiving had helped her more than once, but it had also dragged her down with it.

She had awaited this day longingly for more than a week, when she was finally able to leave to the Malfoy Manor, for had decided to change for her own good and of all those around her.

“Morning, Lorraine.”

“Good morning dad.”

Clara turned around from the kitchen and smiled warmly at her. “You are packed and ready to go are you not?”

“Oui, I just finished last night.” Lorraine replied as she graced a strand of her hair away from her face.

Clara nodded her head in agreement. “Good girl. I bought you some new clothes since you seem to be growing.”

Lorraine flushed. “Yes.”

“You are sixteen now,” Clara eyed her with a knowing look. “It should be no surprise.”

“Of course.” She nodded her head.

“You are taller than your aunt,” Mr. Owens said as he signed his name on a letter. “You should be happy.”

“I am,” Lorraine answered, grinning a bit. “Though I do not wish to be too tall.”

“Yes, well we’ll have to wait and see, won’t we?” Clara sat down next to them at the table. “You should start leaving already, you do not wish to be late.”

Rory nodded her head in agreement as she started to gather all her belongings, as she attempted to ram them together into her fireplace. Finally succeeding, after several tries, she turned towards her small family and extended her arms at them.

“Goodbye,” She whispered as she held both her father and her aunt in a tight embrace. “I’ll see you in a little while I guess.”

“Don’t forget to write.” Clara wheezed as she let go of her niece.

Lorraine gazed one last time at her living room as she grabbed a handful of Floo Powder. And with a final smile, she said. “Malfoy Manor.”

In a matter of seconds she was engulfed by green flames, and before they knew it, she was gone.

And for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like the chapter!:)
Please don't forget to comment<3