Status: May 26 : Updated!

Your Biggest Misconception

Chapter 3

Brian looked baffled as his gaze went between Zacky and I, who were glaring daggers at eachother. "You guys know eachother?" He questioned as he rubbed the back of his neck. Amanda was standing there looking just as baffled and slightly in shock that she was getting to meet a band she loved.

"She's the bitch I tripped over this morning!" Zacky exclaimed at the same time as I told Amanda "He's the jerk that tripped over me!"

Both Brian and Amanda's eyes widened as they realized they had heard the same story and that Zacky and I had already had a run in that hadn't been positive.

"What the hell were you doing at the beach at that time of the night?" Zacky spat at me.

"It's really none of your business! But I could ask you the same question!" I replied in a tone that matched his.

"Woah, woah, woah." Brian said as he waved his hands casually. "Calm down."

"You expect me to calm down when this is the douche cock that told me he'd fuck me anyway? Isn't this the same Zacky you were saying was engaged?" I asked Brian with a hand on my hip. If I remembered correctly Zacky was the one who had called Brian when he was having trouble with his fiancé. No wonder he was having issues if he went around telling other girls he'd screw them.

"You told her I was engaged?" Zacky asked in turn just as mad.

"Holy shit! Will you two shut up for one minute?" Brian asked exasperatedly. I could tell he wanted to explain but Zacky and I were having too much fun complaining to let him. "Yes, Kali, this is the same Zacky who is engaged. And yes Zacky I told her because I was having lunch with her when you fucking called my ass with your problems! So it's not my fault so shut up." He rubbed his temples as Zacky and I continued to glare at eachother. "And did you really tell her you'd do her?" I let out a short haughty laugh as I nodded with narrowed eyes at Brian. "Damn."

I turned my gaze to my friend who had been eerily silent for the past few minutes. This really wasn't like her seeing as she was usually bubbly and outgoing. "Manda?" I asked as I noticed her eyes were sort of glazed over as she stared at the men before her. She was shell shocked and I was now embarrassed.

"Manda." I mumbled again as I elbowed her in the side.

"Huh?" She looked around and spotted me beside her with my knowing look. "Oh!" She looked down after realizing she had been zoning out. "Sorry Kali." She chuckled lightly.

"Welcome back spaz." I laughed and now it was her turn to elbow me.

"Be nice!" She told me with a pout on her lips.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys." I said as I went to turn back to retreat to our own self claimed spot on the beach. The look on Brian's face saddened as he realized I wasn't planning on staying.

"You're leaving?" He questioned.

"We're leaving?" Manda asked making me groan. I was looking forward to a relaxing day on the beach but something was nagging at me that I wasn't going to get that luxury. I was going to get to spend it with a bunch of rockstars.

"Well I was leaving. But I guess I'm not anymore." I mumbled.

"You guys should join us. We're just hanging out today." I think it was Matt that informed me of that. It was the buff guy with the dimples who I thought was Matt if I remembered correctly. He looked incredibly friendly and I figured he was probably a lot like Brian. The tall guy and the short one, who I think were Jimmy and Johnny were busy horsing around to really pay any attention to me and Amanda for the time being. Johnny would look over at us and then Jimmy would tackle him again which could draw his attention away once more.

And then there was Zacky who still had a sour look on his face which didn't look flattering at all.

"Please Kali? Pretty please?" Amanda asked with big puppy dog eyes. As much as I didn’t want to hang with them because of Zacky, I also didn’t want to rob Amanda a chance of hanging out with the guys she loved.

Zacky scoffed as he flopped down on his beach towel once more. "You have to get her permission on things? Wonderful."

I frowned and shook my head. "I don't need this crap. You can stay Manda. I don't care."

I turned my back and walked back over to our things. I sat down on the beach towel and laid back so I could sun tan. I didn’t want to seem rude in front of the guys but something about Zacky irked me to no end. I wasn't going to stand there and have my friendship insulted as well as myself be treated like dirt by some guy I had just met. I didn’t put up with people's crap and that was that.

A shadow was cast over me, blocking my sun for a moment. I lifted my sunglasses and opened my eyes to see Zacky hovering over me with a frown. "Can I help you?" I asked as I sat up slightly.

"I'm sorry for being a douche. It's been a rough couple of days for me and I took it out on you. I'm sorry." I narrowed my eyes skeptically, not sensing any real sincerity in his statement. It was more like he was apologizing because someone was making him.

"Did Brian send you over?"

"Yep."

I let out a scoff and covered my eyes with my sunglasses. "You're not sorry. Just sorry Brian got on your case."

"Right. Now get your ass back over there before he kicks mine."

I frowned but stood up anyway and picked up my towel as well. I glared at the back of Zacky's head the entire way back there. Amanda was sitting beside Matt and looked to be deep in conversation with him about something. Brian on the other hand, was sitting alone so I took my towel and spread it out beside him.

"I'm sorry Zack's being such a dickhead today. I don't know what his problem is." He said with a shake of his head. "Well, I take that back. I do know what his problem is but that doesn't excuse his attitude." Brian explained as he sat up beside me.

"Let me guess… his fiancé again." I said rather then asked. That was the only reason I could come up with. Not to mention he looked like he had been crying last night and the only way I would ever see a guy like Zack upset would be over something family related or something in the romantic department.

"Bingo." Brian nodded. "She's such a bitch. Zack deserves so much better then her. All she wants is his money and I think he's finally realizing that."

"Well that sucks." I said, not really knowing what else to reply with.

"Oh shit. Speak of the devil." The groan that came from Brian was clearly one of distaste. I looked at Matt and Amanda to see that Matt too was groaning and beginning to rub his temples.

Zacky's eyes widened as a blonde bombshell came strutting through the sand to where he was sitting. She was extremely pretty but looked like she had an attitude by the look on her face. She was carrying a white designer beach bag and was wearing what I thought was the skimpiest bathing suit of all time. Everything was showing.

"Gena. What are you doing here?" Zacky asked her gruffly like he was extremely annoyed that she had showed up.

"Shit." Brian mumbled. "Just a warning. This isn't going to be pretty."

"Baby I came to surprise you!" She said in a very obvious to everyone fake voice. That was probably the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

I looked sideways at Brian who was still frowning at the blonde. Even he was on edge. "That's Gena, Zacky's fiancé that he's having trouble with."

I nodded at Brian's explanation and turned back to watch the scene unfold before me.

"I told you not to come." Zacky informed her through his teeth as he stood up and walked over to her.

"Well you never said why so I figured you didn’t mean it." She grinned, making even me form a sour look on my face.

Zacky grabbed her by the arm and started to drag her to what he thought was out of hearing distance of us. Unfortunately, we could still hear them loud and clear. "I told you I was going out with the guys today! Guys day out. What don't you understand about that?" He growled.

"Well Zack, there's two girls with you guys so obviously it's not a guys day out after all." She replied with venom in her tone.

I was trying not to look in their direction but it was so hard not to. "They are two girls Brian knows that just happened to have their stuff near ours! We weren't planning on meeting them here." I frowned as I started to notice Zacky was losing whatever little patience he had from the start.

"Well since they're here I guess I can stay."

"Hell no! I want you gone. Now."

Gena just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, not budging an inch.

"I mean it Gena. Go home."

"No Zack. I can be here if I want."

Zacky's face was beat red by this point and even I was starting to feel a bit scared of him. "Go the fuck home!" He yelled making me jump and look at Brian who was watching his friend with a saddened look on his face. Manda was still sitting beside Matt with a funny look on her face. It was mix between that of someone who was annoyed and worried at the same time. It was a look she gave me sometimes but it was usually geared more toward the worried side. This time she was clearly more annoyed and I had a feeling it was at Gena more then Zacky.

"But Zack." Gena started only for Zacky to grab her by the arm and start to pull her away from us even more.

They slowly got further and further from view and I had a feeling Zacky was taking her back to her car. "Damn." Matt laughed. "I thought Zack was going to rip her head off."

"Are they going to be ok?" I asked Brian as I turned away from Zacky and Gena's now very small forms in the distance.

"Yeah. Zacky will take her to her car and make her drive off. Then he'll come back and be all pissy." Brian explained.

"Oh will he be pissy all right." Jimmy laughed as he and Johnny finally settled down and each grabbed a beer.

"Wonderful." I mumbled.

So judging by what Zacky had said to Gena it sounded like they had come to the beach today so they could get away from Gena. I was willing to bet, after seeing Zacky's state last night, that he needed a day away from her and so the guys figured they'd go to the beach for the day. So I could see why Zacky would be pissed off at the girl.

Zacky came back a few minutes later with a very sour look on his face still. He was rubbing his face and looked drained. I sort of felt bad for him in a way but I then reminded myself that he had called me a bitch and said he would fuck me. The compassion I was feeling left very quickly after that.

"Fucking bitch. What gives her the right to come here and interrupt my day out? Who the hell does she think she is?"

Matt looked at Zacky with a funny look that led me to believe he didn't necessarily approve of how Zacky was speaking about his future wife. "She's your fiancé dude. That's who she is."

"Not for long she's not. I can't take much more of this shit."

I scoffed, wondering to myself why he would be engaged to her in the first place if she was driving him up the wall.

Brian's POV

Zacky was being a dick.

And right now I wanted nothing more then to string him up by his fucking nose hairs.
Here we were, enjoying the day wit him away from Gena when we ran into Kali and her friend Amanda. I was stoked. I had told the guys about the two girls form the café that I spoke about quite often and now they were able to meet them.

At first I figured it would turn into an amazing day but then when I found out that Kali was the girl Zack tripped over in his rampage last night it all went to shit.

And now Gena shows up? What the hell is this? Rain on my fucking parade day? Or rather rain on mine and Zack's parade?

I was watching Kali, trying to get her reading and take on Zack. It was clear she didn’t care for him after their run in last night and that really just put a damper on my plans for them. Kali was usually such sweet girl but I guess if you bring in an asshole, like Zacky was as the moment, she didn’t put up with any shit.

Part of me figured that was just her being stubborn as I had gathered she could be from time to time. I also happened to know she was pretty normal and didn’t want anything super special in her life. That could also very well ruin my plans.

"Yo Syn, where's the jack at?" Zack asked as he plopped back down on the ground with a grunt. "I need some." He mumbled as he placed his sunglasses over his eyes and laid down in the sun.

"It's in my car man. I'll go get it." I informed him before grabbing Kali by the arm and helping her up. She was coming with me so we could talk.

I figured Amanda would be alright since she was busy chatting and making jokes with Jimmy now while Matt tried to talk to Zack. "Come with me?" I asked Kali who grinned and nodded.

"I'm really sorry about him." I said to her once we were out of earshot of the group. "I guess I should probably tell you what's going on with him so you don't jump to conclusions. He's usually not like this." I shoved my hands into the pockets of my board shorts and looked up at the sky for a moment.

"Kind of late for that." She chuckled. "But go ahead."

"Zacky has been dating Gena for several years. They were perfect for eachother at first. She was kind of spunky and he was really outgoing. We were all a bit younger and were pretty enthralled by our new found fame. Zack thought it was great that he had a hot girlfriend who he happened to be falling in love with. He thought it made him look like even more of a rockstar. Well after awhile he started to think that maybe something was going on with her. This was about a year ago. She started going out more and more with friends but Zack started to notice she would have this glow about her when she came home. The glow being the one she usually got after they would have sex." I explained only to see her eyes widen.

"Oh no." She whispered. "She was cheating on him."

"Yeah. She was. Took him awhile to get her to fess up to it but eventually she did. She apologized and swore she wouldn’t do it again. Big fat lie if I ever fucking saw one. But he believed her and they went on again. Few months later they ended up being engaged. Well Val, Matt's girlfriend, had seen Gena at a club with some random guy one night when she went out with her friends. The bitch was still cheating on him. Matt told Zack and since then Zack just hasn't been the same. Gena has been going through his money like it's water and it's clear to us all, even Zacky, that she's only in it for the fame and money. Not even for the sex anymore seeing as she's getting it elsewhere now."

I scoffed and shook my head as we reached my car finally. I pressed the button on my car keys as I pulled them out of my pocket and unlocked the doors to my bmw. I reached into the back seat and pulled out the bag of hard liquor and shot glasses that I had forgotten to bring in the first time around.

"So Zacky has just had it then?" Kali asked me as the horn honked on the car signaling that it was locked once more.

"Yeah pretty much. I think he's on the verge of breaking it off with her for good this time."

"That should be good for him I hope." I nodded with Kali as we began the trek back through the sand with more booze in hand for the big baby.

"He'll be on the market again." I threw in slyly hoping she would get what I was aiming for. But she didn’t because she just chuckled.

"I'm sure the girls will be lining up."

I'm sure they would too and that worried me.

We reached the group once more to find Amanda was sitting there with a frown on her face. "My mom called. She needs me to come by the café. Vinnie is sick and she needs me to fill in."

Kali frowned and I figured that meant they both had to leave. "I rode with her." Kali told me with a small smile.

"Oh alright." I returned the grin and set the bag of booze down on the ground. Zacky practically dove at it and pulled the bottle of jack out before unscrewing the top and taking a swig right from the bottle. Kali and Amanda both looks slightly put off.

I growled at my friend and started making a mental note to shank him later once the girls left.

"It was nice meeting you guys." Amanda said before she skipped back over to their things and started to pack up her surf things. She was really pretty, I had to admit.

"Maybe we can hang out some other time." I told Kali who was watching Zack wit ha weary eye as he continued to knock back the bottle of jack.

"Yeah totally." She replied with a grin as she turned her attention to me. "Bye guys, nice meeting you all!" She waved as she looked every guy in the eye except for Zack.

They hurried off together, both looking back and waving once more.

"Well they're nice girls." Jimmy said with a thoughtful expression. "Too bad their day got cut short though."

I walked over to Zack with a frown still on my face. My hand came up and I smacked him in the back of the head causing the jack that was in his mouth to come flying out into his lap. He hacked and coughed for a moment before composing himself and glaring at me. "What the hell was that for Syn?"

"That was for fucking everything up you jackass! Would it have hurt you to be nice to her?"

"To who?"

"Don't even start with me Vengeance." I warned. "To Kali."

Zack let out a sigh as he set the bottle down beside him. "Look man. I'm just not in the mood. Gena's got me so fucking worked up that I can barely see straight. Last night I was a dick to her. I know that. I'll try being nicer next time." His apology was sincere but I wasn't the one that needed to hear it. Kali was.

"You better Zack. I fucking mean it."

"Ah can it Syn. You can see your girlfriend without me around."

I growled and shoved his shoulder playfully. "She's not my girlfriend." I told him.

But I'm going to work damn hard so that she becomes yours if you straighten up. I thought to myself with a smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
now before anyone says anything... (and i put this about the girls in all of my stories) i don't have some unreasonable hate for gena. but you simply can't have a zacky story with her still in the picture now can you? therefore.... well.... you'll see hehe.

so i'm contemplating changing my banner..... or maybe seeing if someone else wants to make me one? everyone see zack's new picture on twitter? omg..... toooootal hottie!!!!! i'm in love with it. i guess i'll see what i can do. if only it was in color! rawr!

hope you all enjoyed seeing the mean side of zack haha! he's going to be around a bit longer.
thoughts? comments? concerns?

thanks for the love guys!!!!

VengeanceXX6661X
lisha_reading_music
rhie
Just.Listen
perfectionist326
Every..Single..Beat
JaydedGates
Miss.CorrCorr
kalisweetblood
Like We're Dying
dofyorkpub
Fallin_For_You
MsSynnieVengeance
moviemaniac888
Krystal-Khaos
hotfish13
catastrophe.
spinningoutofcontrol
red.Ranger
Devi_V

<3