Status: I will try to update once a week

Bite This

Coming Home

The sign should say ‘Turn the hell around” the last time I saw that sign it was in my rear view mirror on the night of my eighteenth birthday, when I finally escaped from the town. But now two years later I was driving right into it. I had avoided my home town well, running all the way to California to attend fashion school. But since the not so tragic pass of my mother I was forced to return home to help my Dad take care of the ‘house’ or so he says, but I really knew he couldn’t stand to be alone anymore, but really who could blame an old man for getting lonely.
But I had to remind myself that some parts of my ‘extended stay’ wouldn’t be that bad, my life long friends lived in my friends, the real true ones that you build mudd pies for when your little, Sookie, Lafayette, and Jason.
Pulling into my Dad’s driveway I noticed all the lights in the house were off.
‘Figures he’s not even home the night I come into town’
Instantly I backed up into the road again, knowing where everyone in town was at.
Merlottes parking lot was full of people like always that was the only place where you could go to find out the new gossip, and what else did the old bittys in this town want to know but the latest gossip.
The second I stepped into the bar heads turned in my direction and people started whispering. I could hear some of the commotion, talking about how that weird girl was back in town, but the noise I was hearing wasn’t coming from anyone mouth it was from their heads. I was much more than a human, honestly I didn’t know if I could be considered human anymore, I was like an ultra human. I could hear people’s minds, move things with my head and protect my thoughts from any other telepath.
Other telepaths being my best friend Sookie, who was making her way across the bar with a huge smile on her face, which was met with my smile as well. Sookie had always been more, Lady like, should I say in a way. She kept her hair blonde and curly, as natural as she could get it. I had colored mine more than a coloring book and now had settled on a dark brown. Sook always reframed from cursing and talking ‘dirty’ as she put it, I swore up and down. But all in all we were great friends.
“I missed you so much!” she screeched as she got close wrapping her arms around my neck pulling me into a hug.
“I missed you too!” I said into her ear as I was pulled tightly into the hug. “How have you been?” I asked her.

“Just great, I’ve got a new man, I’ll tell you all about it at the end of my shift, Jason here, go sit with him I’ll get you when I’m done.” She nodded in the direction of Jason who was sitting at a table with some other guys, trying to act like he hadn’t noticed me. A smile spread on my face as I saw him, he hadn’t changed one bit, he was still a “good ol boy” as he liked to call himself acting as if he was in the Dukes of Hazzard.
I slowly walked over to his table, almost pushing the speed of a slow motion movie, I wanted him to get a good look at everything. Jason had always had a crush on me, often I heard in his head that he referred to me as the one that got away. Finally in my swagger I made it to his table.

“Well if it isn’t Jason Stackhouse and his good ol boys!” I said pulling out an old chair at the table, with red checkered cushions.
“So you remember me than, Lola?” he asked raising an eyebrow. He was such a man whore.
“Oh baby, I could never forget you!” I ran my hand slowly up his buff arms and felt Goosebumps pop up. No matter how many woman he had been with Jason drooled all over himself when it came to me.
He didn’t reply to that remark, he just looked me up and down once again before the table was interrupted.
“Hooka! Where have you been?” I instantly popped up and wrapped my legs around Lafayette’s waist.
“Making clothes for these filthy rednecks, boo, I thought we were gonna run away together but you never showed!” I bumped my pelvis bone into his waist in a playful way.
“Oh baby, you not my type!”
Lafayette and I were as close as a woman and a gay man could be. He let me down onto the floor and pushed me back to get a good look at me.
“Oh hooka you look better than a lake on a hot Louisiana day!”
Before I could reply Sam Merlotte yelled out to Lafayette to get back to cooking so he kissed my cheek after making me assure him I wasn’t going to disappear overnight and make his way to the kitchen.
Finally Sookie was done with her shift and came out to the table that was now filled with shot glasses and three happy adults. But Sookie didn’t come over alone, a tall man with dark hair and side burns was with her, he was pasty white and held himself well, it didn’t take a telepath to know exactly what he was, a Vampire.
“Lola, this is Bill my boyfriend!” she said wrapping an arm around his and starring up at him in awe.
“Bill that’s not a very vampirey name!” I said more to myself than anyone else with a raised eyebrow.
“That’s what I said!” Sookie added.
“Well Hiya Bill I’m Lola!” I jumped off my chair and stuck my hand out to him. Instead of him shaking it he put my hand up to his mouth and kissed it.
‘Awkward’ I thought to myself, but I forgot sometimes others could hear my mind.
‘He’s just old fashion Lo’ Sookie said into my head.
’Get out of my head Sook’ I said into her head before shutting mine off to her she just giggled and looked at me.
Bill looked between us as if he could see a conversation going back and forth between our brains.
“Well that could be useful!” Bill said out loud and made his way to the door without saying anything else.
Home was starting to look a little more exciting than I remembered it to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lola