Status: Loading . . .

Modern Society

Chapter Four: Which Deals With Crime And Remorse, Or Lack Thereof.

He gripped the collar of his sweater and pulled the hood over his head. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and moved his feet quickly, pacing down the road at a fast speed. Every so often he would glance over his shoulder to make sure there was nobody around. The streets were empty and lit only by the moon, which cast eerie shadows of all the objects around. He crossed the road quickly and took a shortcut down a narrow street. When he reached the end, he turned left onto another alley, and stopped at the sight of the other man. He made his way over to the man. Few words were exchanged as he dug into his pockets and retrieved a wad of money. He handed it to the man, and in return, received a small clear bag, filled with a white powder substance. He simply nodded to the man silently before turning around and walking back the direction he came from. As he turned onto the narrow street he stopped. He was staring at a young boy of about fifteen, dark hair, and gray eyes that appeared dull in the moonlight. The boy looked terrified.
"Tommy what are you doing here?" he asked the boy in a panic. The boy's eyes widened and without answering he turned to run.
"Tommy no!" he shouted, and fumbled in his pocket, pulling out a small revolver. Without thinking twice, he aimed the gun, pulled the trigger, and watched as the bullet struck his younger brother....