Status: Workin' On

Life Is Amazing with You on the Ride

Chapter 01

Image

Fawn applied that last bit of lip gloss to her thin, pink lips.

She sighed as she look into the mirror. She ruffled her dirty blonde hair. Her bright, chestnut brown eyes flickered to the moving picture of her and her adopted sister and her, laughing at Hogsmeade last year.

Fawn smiled at the memory, then her eyes flickered to the necklace with a silver chain and a small green diamond hanging from the chain she had received from Draco, for doing his homework in Transfiguration for the previous five years.

Fawn knew that Fiona had a "thing" for Draco- in fact almost every girl did- but did Fawn? She didn't know.

A piece of parchment was messily folded on the floor. It had caught her eye. She slowly walked towards it and carefully picked it up- almost afraid to read it.

She smiled as she started to read the note.

The noted read: "The Perfect Guy for Me
1. Blue eyes
2. Red hair
3. Caring
4. Sensitive
5. Protective
6. Romantic
7. Has a sense of humor
8. Knows when to be serious
9. Plays quiditch
10. Will stand up for what he believes in"

There was a light knock on her door. Fawn quickly re-folded the note and shoved it in her back pocket.

She quickly raced towards her bed and jumped on it as she said, "Come in!"

Fiona entered the room, skipping.

"Hey sis, almost ready?" Fiona asked. "Almost," Fawn replied.

Fawn jumped off her bed. There was a loud thud when she landed on her butt. Fawn started laughing the pain away as Fiona rolled her eyes, then left Fawn alone.

After two minutes of non-stop (pointless) laugher she reached for her trunk that laid under her full size bed.

She had packed it two weeks ago, out of anticipation. She went through her trunk three more times to make sure she had every she needed for school. Robes, wand, books, cauldron, parchment, ink, quills, extra parchment, extra ink, extra quills, ext.

She deiced to pack the things that she wanted to bring with her in a smaller trunk.

Wanted, not needed.

Fawn knew the difference. She knew she didn't need to bring several things, but she was going to bring them along anyways.

In the smaller trunk she put a pair of flip flops, two pairs of Converse high tops at the bottom. Then she laid out her undergarments, neatly tucked in the corner. She then gracefully placed 5 shirts, 3 sets of PJs, 3 pairs of jeans, two pairs of shorts, a knee length skirt she would probably never wear, 3 summer dresses that would also never be worn, a sweatshirt, and a light jacket on top. She closed her trunk, without difficulty, and then looked around her room for what she guessed was the last time till Christmas.

When she saw the empty owl cage, lazily hanging from the wall in one of the corners in her room she remembered the last thing that she needed.

She walked over to her window and flew it open. She took in the cool, London air with a smile. She loved the feeling of the cold air hitting her warm skin. Another thing that Fawn did not understand was why they lived in London. Her adopted mother was French and had adopted her from birth. She grew up in France. But when her French mother married Fiona's (adopted) father, who was from Scotland, they moved to London. Fawn didn't understand why, and she didn't care to.

The home Fawn had grown up in France had been sold, and as far as she knew her mother and step-father went to the house that Fiona grew up in every summer, while Fiona and Fawn spent their summers in the United States- with Fiona's (adopted) mother.

Fiona had also been adopted. However, Fiona had been adopted by a loving Scottish couple who later got divorced because Fiona's adopted mother became a drunk (and druggie). Fawn didn't understand why Fiona had to see her drunk adoptive mother every summer, but in fear for what might happen to Fiona if she went alone, Fawn decided that she needed to go with her.

Her chestnut eyes couldn't help but land on the large Malfoy manner that was across the street. And even though Fawn was a Slytherin along with Draco and had lived across from him for the past seven years, she didn't know much about him

She only knew that he liked girls; making fun of Potter and anyone who talked to him; girls; and sex. She also knew that he disliked Potter; Dumbledore; Potter's friends; Gryfindor; Potter; and Pansy when she's PMSing.

Fawn started at the mansion, feeling uneasy. She knew that something positively dreadful was going on in that mansion, but she also knew that she had no business to pry into the Malfoy's life.

Even though she was curious, she stayed away- terrified of what she might discover.

Her chestnut eyes scanned the grey sky above her, searching for Antoinette, her owl.

She was not surprised to see a broom, and that it's rider had blonde hair.

Fawn shook her head, knowing fully well that Draco was practicing for the upcoming quiditch season- though he didn't really need to.

Draco was a spoiled rich boy who got everything- and anything- he wanted.

Considering how sexist the Slytherin males were, Fawn wasn't "allowed" to be on the team. All because she was a girl.

How she despised being a Slytherin. And she didn't know why she was one. She still wasn't like the rest of them. Though, she didn't know where else she could have gone. She wasn't like a Huffelpuff- she wasn't always loyal. She certainly wasn't smart like a Ravenclaw. And bravery? Ha. Neville was braver then her. Heck, sometimes she would go as far to say that Malfoy- the king of being a chicken- was braver then her.

Often she thought that the sorting hat out her in Slytherin because she desperately wanted to be in the same house as her sister- because she wasn't good at making friends.

She blinked several times when she thought she saw a black owl, the tips of it's wings silver, flying towards her. And she smiled when she realized that it was Antoinette.

She gracefully leaned her right hand towards Antoinette as she flew closer. Fawn almost jerked her hand back and ran into her room to hid when she felt eyes on her. She didn't like attention- she didn't like the spotlight. That was Fiona- who adored being in the center of attention.

Whenever someone was looking at Fawn, or talking about her, she knew. She didn't know how- but she knew. And whenever someone was talking about her, she could hear their voices in her head.

Who is she? a raspy voice hissed in Fawn's head. The voice scared her. She wanted to run and hide and never come out again.

But she had to act like she didn't hear the voices in her head.

Fawn LaFontaine. She's a Slytherin and in the sixth hear, like Draco my Lord. A deep, familiar voice to fawn responded to the first one.

Antoinette landed on Fawn's index finger. Fawn slowly pulled her arm closer to her body and stroked her owl, pretending not to listen to the voices that were watching her. She didn't bother to look around and try to discover where the voices where, because that would show she knew someone was watching her. And only other person, besides herself, that knew about it was Fiona. And Fawn didn't want to changed that- because once again that would involve getting into the spotlight.

Fawn stopped listening to voices, or tried to. She blocked them out, to the best of her ability, as she gently stroked her owl. She looked into Antoinette's sharp, green eyes and smiled. She loved her owl and she didn't know what she would do if she lost her.

Have Draco keep an eye on her as well. the raspy voice said again. This time, Fawn trusted her instincts as she went back into her room and shut her window, closing the curtains. Her room became dark- but that was how she liked it.

A shiver ran down her spine as she remembered the raspy voice. She wanted to scream and hide, or hex the thing but was terrified of what it might do to her. She put Antoinette in her cage. She looked back to her window. The curtain had managed to open again.

She walked over to it, not wanting to listen to the voices talking about her. Yes, she was beyond paranoid, but she'd rather be paranoid then not be safe.

Just as she closed her curtain, Draco landed his broom, something he knew he wouldn't get to do in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1! YAY!

The Draco/Ron romance will be with Fawn (my character) and the Draco/Seamus romance will be with Fiona, spazzattack1012 's (Ashley) character. In the banner at the top of the chapter, Fiona is the one who's picture is in black and white and Fawn is the one wearing purple.

Please tell me if anything is wrong. Comments?